Pac 12...

Was the deck just too stacked vs Cal offense last week or they really that bad? I know they not good, ever, but 10 points with the special teams and defense setting them up with great chances early vs ucla of all teams, 10 points? Im not sold Jefferson will be able to run on Cal so not real sure how either team scores a whole hell of a lot? Un49 makes sense to me.

Was the deck just too stacked vs Cal offense last week or they really that bad? I know they not good, ever, but 10 points with the special teams and defense setting them up with great chances early vs ucla of all teams, 10 points? Im not sold Jefferson will be able to run on Cal so not real sure how either team scores a whole hell of a lot? Un49 makes sense to me.

California wasn't able to practice 11 on 11 for 2 weeks leading up to the UCLA game. Cal has new OC. So no real live reps in practice and learning new system = game 1 failure. Not sure how soon they will get better on O.

With Wilcox as coach the answer might be, never

Yeah...defensive head coaches...too bad Cal couldn't have retained a guy like Beau Baldwin, but can't fault him for getting his own gig.

You know...I wonder what is going to happen at Washington now too. With John Donovan. Not sure that is going to work out all that great. In 5 years at Vandy and Penn St under Franklin his offenses never ranked higher than 80th. He was last an offensive assistant with Jax. Defensive coaches going with these NFL OCs in an era when college offense principles are trickling into the NFL, Wilcox and Lake go the other way. But that is often a defensive HC's mentality.

But that is often a defensive HC's mentality

You're right. I've seen it happen over and over.

One of the reasons Bob Stoops was so successful right out of the gate is he was smart enough to realize that fact so brought in Leach and turned the offense over to him and the offensive coaches. Leach had total control. In practice, Bob spent all his time on the defensive side, standing back with the D-backs and coaching the D

California wasn't able to practice 11 on 11 for 2 weeks leading up to the UCLA game. Cal has new OC. So no real live reps in practice and learning new system = game 1 failure. Not sure how soon they will get better on O.

I like the under tonight

Back