Over reaction to Philly GAME! Pats

Sammy Meatballs

Sammy Meatballs? Never Heard of Her
I am just curious but I observed many people with a GOY on the Pats last week after their crushing win over the BILLS.

Pats were at an all time high in popularity, and they were like the Incredible Hulk, one big bad green monster.

After the narrow win last week, now everyone thinks the Pats can be beaten? However you must consider a few things about the game last week.
-Eagles have the ability to score in bunches this year- vs Detroit earlier, Late barrage vs Washington, this O with Westbrook can score when hot.
-A team like the Colts with Manning could take advantage of the Pats game film vs the Eagles.

-The Pats D stops all the weak QB's, the LOSMAN's Pennington's, Boller's Trent Green's of the league. The Pats D is not unstoppable, it takes away the outside and forces a smart and confident QB to beat them. FEELEY was confident and let the ball fly.

Does anyone really think that BOLLER and BILLICK are capable of doing what MANNING and FEELEY did? Has BILLICK done that in his last 3 years in Baltimore?

When you look closer at the game, Pats are dominant and they are getting disrespected now, after the close game last week. Philly when healthy is one of the best NFC teams, they have a good D.

Take this game for what it is, it is the RAVENS who are weak mentally, they put on an act every game in the endzone, make it look like they are fired up, Ray lewis looks possessed, and then they fall flat on their face.

Ravens could upset a team like the Steelers, but have little chance to beat the Pats. They are a bad football team, plain and simple and they will quit when they get behind tonight. Anyone who bets this Ravens team has the memories of last years teams and previous teams, but they are not the same my friends.

Pats D will intercept BOLLER at least 3 times tonight, they always intercept the young QB's.

I put very little into homefield advantage as where the was the homefield when Pats went into Buffalo, Cincy, Miami, what is going to be different here?

Pats win this game in convincing fashion.

Pats win, yes, but cover?
no!.gif

Pats team this year had 2 bad performances and what happened is key:

Pats gave up a bunch of points to Miami in 4th qtr of an away game. Bellicheck gave the D shit all week.

Next week they beat Washington 52-7

Pats O underperformed vs the Colts scoring only 24

Next game they scored 56 on Buffalo only allowing 10

Philly just scored 28 points the most the D has allowed all year?

IN following trend the D should play really well and rebound and limit the Ravens tomorrow.

Bellicheck probably ripped the D a new one, and posted the 28 point total by the Eagles in the locker room.

I am thinking now that the Pats win this game 38-7

This is a team that when motivated will win big, and judging by thier performances they will be motivated tomorrow to show everyone that tehy are not beatable.

All I need to know is that Pats beat DALLAS by 21 on the road, that shows me that this team is very good. balty may get a few stops, but that won't matter because their O cannot take advantage. I also think Brady is sick of last week and will score more tomorrow

I agree and you are correct..

The thing is, the oddsmakers haven't overreacted to that...the made the Pats the biggest road favorite in the history of the NFL...

The reason u're stating is why.

Pats win, yes, but cover?
no!.gif

Shark I love you, but you are not thinking straight.

What you just told me is you are conceding the loss tonight, but praying for a cover. Statisitically the odds are against you, as the teams that win cover roughly 80% of the time. Now 19 points is a lot of points, or is it my friend? Look at New Englands margin of victory and when you have a team with that offence who can get to 40 points , 19 is not that much!

Shark I love you, but you are not thinking straight.

What you just told me is you are conceding the loss tonight, but praying for a cover. Statisitically the odds are against you, as the teams that win cover roughly 80% of the time. Now 19 points is a lot of points, or is it my friend? Look at New Englands margin of victory and when you have a team with that offence who can get to 40 points , 19 is not that much!
I don't ever bet a dog that I don't think is live enough to win the game SU personally.

I agree and you are correct..

The thing is, the oddsmakers haven't overreacted to that...the made the Pats the biggest road favorite in the history of the NFL...

The reason u're stating is why.

True the line is 19 for a reason, it looks so good for Ravens backers, but I can guarantee you 2 things about people who are betting the Ravens.

1- People are betting against the Pats and saying oh the Eagles lost by 3, Ravens can do the same.
2-Also Ravens won the Superbowl, they have the best D in the league for the past 5 years, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, they are intimidating. No one is thinking about this years Ravens squad

Why am I not thinking straight? Its called handicapping and playing the spread. I have made tons of money conceding the losses but betting against the spread (on dogs). Its done on a routine basis.

The Ravens D was fine until they lost the CB's....then they became very avg..

The offense is just brutal and beyond brutal w/out Heap...

No bet for me here, but could only have the fave.

:smiley_acbe: After all the times I've been betting against New England, I realized I've been praying for New England to don't score
True the line is 19 for a reason, it looks so good for Ravens backers, but I can guarantee you 2 things about people who are betting the Ravens.

1- People are betting against the Pats and saying oh the Eagles lost by 3, Ravens can do the same.
2-Also Ravens won the Superbowl, they have the best D in the league for the past 5 years, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, they are intimidating. No one is thinking about this years Ravens squad

Only 3 TD's or 2 TD's and 2 FG's to cover

this one is too easy

plus, Baltimore will most likely only score 6-10 points

New England 37
Balt 10

Bling Bling that is true

If New England gets their normal 38 which they should as their lowest total was 24 at Indy, possibly the best D in the league.

hahahahahahahaahahahahhaha please stop indy best d in the league good joke

They are ranked #2 in the league this year on D. They are the fastest, they are the only team that has stopped the Pats also because they are quick and can stop the pass.

Totally agree Meatballs. Baltimore can't score enough to cover this line, or they haven't proven that ability this season. The Foxborough Videorecorders will roll tonight.

Back