Out-Of-Work Pitching Coach

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
I’ve been coaching high school baseball a long time and, most recently, have been an assistant in charge of the pitching staff. Whelp, we recently had some coaching turnover and when the music stopped playing I was the one left without a chair to sit on. This morning, one of my former players came to see me and told me, “what a huge loss it is that I’m not going to be coaching anymore” and “I was the only reason we had a chance against _______.”

Made my fucking day hearing that and damn near brought me to tears…gave my guy a huge hug and wished him and his teammates well in the future.

True story….just sharing.

:yesfistpump:

I’ve been coaching high school baseball a long time and, most recently, have been an assistant in charge of the pitching staff. Whelp, we recently had some coaching turnover and when the music stopped playing I was the one left without a chair to sit on. This morning, one of my former players came to see me and told me, “what a huge loss it is that I’m not going to be coaching anymore” and “I was the only reason we had a chance against _______.”

Made my fucking day hearing that and damn near brought me to tears…gave my guy a huge hug and wished him and his teammates well in the future.

As you get older, this is the true gold

one door closes, two others open…

Back