Ottawa getting an awful lot of respect tonight.

It jumped out to me right away as well, given the hometown Sabres are involved. Seems crazy for Ottawa to be such a big favorite, even with Michael Houser starting in net for the Sabres, their 6th goalie starting a game this season, in light of recent injuries to basically everyone else.

He made his NHL debut last year in May (as the 6th goalie to suit up again for Buffalo), and won back to back games with 34 and 45 saves, both against the Islanders. He’s played in Rochester this season thus far, and has started 4 games in the last 8 days so he should be in game shape.

There’s also this for the Sabres, two of their top 6 in points this year won’t be playing tonight…

Forwards Vinnie Hinostroza and Tage Thompson did not make the trip, Granato announced. Hinostroza sustained an injury during Buffalo's overtime loss to Detroit on Monday. Thompson was not cleared to enter Ontario because he is less than 10 days removed from entering COVID protocol. (The NHL changed its isolation requirements to five days last month in according with the CDC.)

It still seems crazy that Ottawa is such a big favorite, definitely worth a stab on the Sabres.

It jumped out to me right away as well, given the hometown Sabres are involved. Seems crazy for Ottawa to be such a big favorite, even with Michael Houser starting in net for the Sabres, their 6th goalie starting a game this season, in light of recent injuries to basically everyone else.

He made his NHL debut last year in May (as the 6th goalie to suit up again for Buffalo), and won back to back games with 34 and 45 saves, both against the Islanders. He’s played in Rochester this season thus far, and has started 4 games in the last 8 days so he should be in game shape.

There’s also this for the Sabres, two of their top 6 in points this year won’t be playing tonight…

Forwards Vinnie Hinostroza and Tage Thompson did not make the trip, Granato announced. Hinostroza sustained an injury during Buffalo's overtime loss to Detroit on Monday. Thompson was not cleared to enter Ontario because he is less than 10 days removed from entering COVID protocol. (The NHL changed its isolation requirements to five days last month in according with the CDC.)

It still seems crazy that Ottawa is such a big favorite, definitely worth a stab on the Sabres.
Agreed. I watched that Buffalo game that OT loss was brutal for the home team.

How bout them Sabres!!!!

By the way, fuck the Sabres. Fuck Terry Pegula, fuck the entire organization. They lost me when they traded Eichel because they wouldn't let him get the surgery he wanted, when the organization since Pegula got here has done NOTHING but make the wrong decision time after time. They traded away one of the top 3-5 players in the league because he didn't want to follow their horrid advice.

Terry Pegula and the Sabres is exactly what it looks like when a fan wins the lottery and buys his favorite sports team. He essentially did win the lottery with his fracking operation, and then almost immediately bought the Sabres. How many times has everyone either said themselves, or heard friends/others say "if I owned the team, I'd do this, this, and this?" Well, here's the real life example...you'd all be horrible at it and run the franchise into the fucking ground.

Literally the only thing the Sabres have done well since Pegula purchased the team is lose, whether on purpose or just because they don't actually know how to run a fucking organization. They've had the worst record in the league a few times since he bought them, and their big prize was runner up to the McDavid sweepstakes, which was still a great prize in Eichel...and now they've shipped him off. Still have Rasmus Dahlin, but he certainly isn't looking like what he was hyped to be, but we can still reserve judgement there as he is playing on the worst run organization in sports.

Fuck Kim Pegula too, even though she's probably better than Terry...which isn't saying much at all.

By the way, fuck the Sabres. Fuck Terry Pegula, fuck the entire organization. They lost me when they traded Eichel because they wouldn't let him get the surgery he wanted, when the organization since Pegula got here has done NOTHING but make the wrong decision time after time. They traded away one of the top 3-5 players in the league because he didn't want to follow their horrid advice.

Terry Pegula and the Sabres is exactly what it looks like when a fan wins the lottery and buys his favorite sports team. He essentially did win the lottery with his fracking operation, and then almost immediately bought the Sabres. How many times has everyone either said themselves, or heard friends/others say "if I owned the team, I'd do this, this, and this?" Well, here's the real life example...you'd all be horrible at it and run the franchise into the fucking ground.

Literally the only thing the Sabres have done well since Pegula purchased the team is lose, whether on purpose or just because they don't actually know how to run a fucking organization. They've had the worst record in the league a few times since he bought them, and their big prize was runner up to the McDavid sweepstakes, which was still a great prize in Eichel...and now they've shipped him off. Still have Rasmus Dahlin, but he certainly isn't looking like what he was hyped to be, but we can still reserve judgement there as he is playing on the worst run organization in sports.

Fuck Kim Pegula too, even though she's probably better than Terry...which isn't saying much at all.
I didn’t think it was cool how they made Eichel out to be the villain in that whole situation

I didn’t think it was cool how they made Eichel out to be the villain in that whole situation

The Sabres organization is much like the federal government. Whatever they say, the opposite is true, and they are completely and totally inept in even the most basic tasks/situations. They are an embarrassment.

Doe's not get more inept than the federal government.. Can they really be that inept..?..

Just kidding, but I understand your displeasure with that team. Long time since the 'French Connection' provided some excitement up there. Or Domenik..

:babymaking:

Doe's not get more inept than the federal government.. Can they really be that inept..?..

Just kidding, but I understand your displeasure with that team. Long time since the 'French Connection' provided some excitement up there. Or Domenik..

:babymaking:

They were amazing with Drury and Briere (and Ryan Miller in net) as well, probably should have won the Cup the year McKee got the staph infection before game 7 against Carolina in the ECF, which meant all 4 of their top D were out injured. That team was stacked. They had 11 players topping 40 points in that 05-06 season. Since then, no team has even had more than 7 players with 40+ points.

But yes, the years with Hasek were awesome times, attended so many big games it’s tough to give the top game or 2.

Back