Orioles/Rangers, Red Sox/Astros, Royals/White Sox Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Bet This MLB Parlay at (+1130) on Monday

Baltimore Orioles vs. Texas Rangers
Monday, August 1, 2022 at 8:05 p.m. ET at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas

Who Starts for Baltimore?

Reliable pitcher Spenser Watkins starts for Baltimore tonight.

By far, Watkins is Baltimore's most profitable pitcher to back.

On the season, the O's are yielding +7.9 units in his starts.

Among other situations, Watkins has rewarded backers when he is listed as the underdog.

Baltimore is generating +6.9 units when Watkins is starting and is dogged.

Great Form

Besides Baltimore's general team turnaround, which has propelled it to .500 despite competing in baseball's toughest division, Watkins' superb performances contribute to his profitability.

He is enjoying excellent form in his most recent starts, allowing one earned run or fewer in four of his last five starts.

While the exception came in his last start, it came against a Ray squad that, uniquely, repeatedly gives him trouble.

Watkins vs. Ranger Batters

Watkins seems particularly likely to succeed tonight because he matches up well against Ranger batters.

Primarily, he throws a fastball, cutter, and slider.

These pitches make up almost 85 percent of his arsenal.

Texas ranks 28th in slugging against these pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Texas?

It really doesn't matter who starts for Texas because the above information, plus the fact that Baltimore is dogged so heavily despite having Watkins on the mound facing a losing Ranger squad, ensures that the O's are worth investing in.

The odds are simply way off on this game.

Ranger starter Jon Gray cannot compete with Watkins' form nor can Ranger batters claim to match up nearly as well against Watkins as Oriole batters do against Gray.

Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros
Monday, August 1, 2022 at 8 p.m. ET at Minute Maid Park in Houston

Who Starts for Boston?

Nathan Eovaldi starts for Boston tonight.

Pertinently to my favorite play for this game Eovaldi is a strong "over" pitcher this season.

The "over" is hitting in 61.5 percent of all his starts and in 66.7 percent of his starts away from home.

Moreover, the "over" has hit in each of his last three starts.

Eovaldi's poor performances largely explain this trend.

During this most recent three-start span, he has allowed 16 earned runs in 13 innings while facing the Yankees, Blue Jays, and Guardians.

Eovaldi vs. Astro Batters

Several Astro batters already boast solid track records against Eovaldi.

Among others, look out for Jose Altuve.

Altuve is 7-for-21 with a .857 slugging rate in his career facing Eovaldi.

Who Starts for Houston?

Luis Garcia starts for the Astros tonight.

The "over" has hit in each of his last four starts.

This trend is sure to continue against a Red Sox squad that matches up well against him.

Garcia throws, primarily, a fastball and cutter.

These are, by far, his two most frequent pitches.

Boston, though, ranks ninth in slugging against them from righties.

Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox
Monday, August 1, 2022 at 8:10 p.m. ET at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago

Who Starts for Kansas City?

The Royals start Brad Keller tonight.

While Keller has generally been a bad guy for bettors to back, things look different on the road.

Outside of Kansas City, the Royals are generating +1.9 units in his starts.

Keller vs. White Sox Batters

Keller is most especially reliable tonight because he is facing the White Sox.

His longest outing this year has been seven innings.

Both times he faced Chicago, he lasted seven innings.

In those two starts, he allowed a combined total of four earned runs in 14 innings.

One should expect him to thrive against the White Sox because he matches up well against them.

Just about always, Keller throws a fastball, slider, or sinker.

Chicago, however, ranks 28th in slugging against those pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Chicago?

Chicago starts Michael Kopech tonight.

One key trend makes him worth going against tonight.

He performs terribly in rematches with division rivals.

When facing the Tigers a second time, he yielded a 5.75 FIP (like ERA but factors out fielding).

His FIP was over twice as high in his rematch with Minnesota.

Best Bet: Parlay Orioles ML at +143, Red Sox/Astros Over 8.5 at +105, and Royals ML at +147 at +1130 odds with BetOnline

I totally disagree about gray not competing with Watkins form, gray is way better than Watkins and outside being left in to long his last start and giving up 3 runs in 7th inning he been fantastic lately, but I agree the odds are crazy. Gray ain’t gonna pitch the whole game and rangers pen sucks, certainly don’t expect rangers to score a whole lot either: line seems oddly off to me which makes me worry, gray has been fantastic at home tho so maybe that why?

I do think Stros will snack eovoldi around but I’d rather go w their team total cause Sox lineup not the same at the moment, I don’t trust them to score much off garcia.

Not sure why they keep lining Cws like a playoff team? We have 100 games evidence they a .500 club at best and show no real signs of changing.

Back