Oregon

Carolina Guy

Pretty much a regular
No one has started a thread yet? These guys have committed "major" violations and OU turns around and says they are gonna self penalize their own self with two years of probation and the loss of one scholly each for three years?!?!?! :confused2:

Is this a joke? Didn't Michigan get three years probation for simply stretching too long? Lol. Granted the NCAA hasn't ruled on OU yet.

The school was in bed (paying him) with Willie Lyles and his scouting services. One thing I am not clear on is this: Did they pay him under or over the table?

Oh....this wasn't about the cheerleaders? I miss the Oregon cheerleaders. I have nothing productive to say. /exit thread

CG, I think you are the only person in the world who cares at this point. I work with Duck season ticket holders and no mention of it was made in the break room all week.

CG, I think you are the only person in the world who cares at this point. I work with Duck season ticket holders and no mention of it was made in the break room all week.

Lol. Oh, since I'm the only one who "cares" I guess it didn't happen?? My-Lanta!

I have no idea how you could have conceivably inferred from my post that I am making a claim that nothing happened.

If people don't "care" the only conceivable reason(s) could be that they don't believe it happened or nothing is gonna happen to them. And, you'll be the first fan base who didn't "care" that something negative like this was going to happen to your football team. Quite honestly, I'm dumb founded by your OP.

If people don't "care" the only conceivable reason(s) could be that they don't believe it happened or nothing is gonna happen to them. And, you'll be the first fan base who didn't "care" that something negative like this was going to happen to your football team. Quite honestly, I'm dumb founded by your OP.

Yeah, I know, its because you're an idiot.

what was your opinion on the whole North Carolina scandal? And honestly I'm just asking cause I don't really care about it . I actually root for unc(football only lol) and i think Oregon is good for the PAC.

what was your opinion on the whole North Carolina scandal? And honestly I'm just asking cause I don't really care about it . I actually root for unc(football only lol) and i think Oregon is good for the PAC.

Ive stated numerous times that I was embarrassed by it and whatever punishment they got was their own doing, but I thought the # of scholly's lost was a little over the top. But, in the end, when you make your bed you need to lie in it.

the ncaa is corrupt as fuck, all the reasoning one needs when questioning anything about them....its a $$$, publicity grab, the only reason they do or dont do things.

No one has started a thread yet? These guys have committed "major" violations and OU turns around and says they are gonna self penalize their own self with two years of probation and the loss of one scholly each for three years?!?!?! :confused2:

Is this a joke? Didn't Michigan get three years probation for simply stretching too long? Lol. Granted the NCAA hasn't ruled on OU yet.

The school was in bed (paying him) with Willie Lyles and his scouting services. One thing I am not clear on is this: Did they pay him under or over the table?

they cut him a check if that's what your asking.

97.1 The Fan@971thefan<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">3m</small>
Breaking: NCAA will announce NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions’ decision regarding University of Oregon tomorrow around 11 am.

Looks like someone cared after all. Ha! The NCAA will prolly build Oregon another practice facility for their misgivings.

Those aren't the only reasons. Some people don't care because it doesn't effect them in anyway, won't change how they view college football, and are just overall indifferent on the subject. Others might not care because they think the entire NCAA is corrupt and every good team is cheating in one way or another.

Because someone said they don't care has nothing to do with their opinion on whether or not something happened. That's just silly.

Those aren't the only reasons. Some people don't care because it doesn't effect them in anyway, won't change how they view college football, and are just overall indifferent on the subject. Others might not care because they think the entire NCAA is corrupt and every good team is cheating in one way or another.

Because someone said they don't care has nothing to do with their opinion on whether or not something happened. That's just silly.

Lareux, we are speaking about the Oregon Ducks and a specific Oregon Duck fan replied to my OP. he specifically said he works with OU season tix holders and not one word was mentioned all week.

But specific to your question - every college football fan to some degree cares about what happens or doesn't happen to Oregon football. They rose out of fricking no where to become an extremely relative team with a little power house in them. If this was Eastern Washington Univ, you'd be 100% correct. But, alas, it is not. Also, whether folks are tired of the corruptness or not of the NCAA, again, it is Oregon so the college football fan will care.

If you tell me otherwise, you are not being honest and just looking for an argument.

Lareux, we are speaking about the Oregon Ducks and a specific Oregon Duck fan replied to my OP. he specifically said he works with OU season tix holders and not one word was mentioned all week.

But specific to your question - every college football fan to some degree cares about what happens or doesn't happen to Oregon football. They rose out of fricking no where to become an extremely relative team with a little power house in them. If this was Eastern Washington Univ, you'd be 100% correct. But, alas, it is not. Also, whether folks are tired of the corruptness or not of the NCAA, again, it is Oregon so the college football fan will care.

If you tell me otherwise, you are not being honest and just looking for an argument.

No I really don't care. I'm being completely honest and not looking for an argument. I guess you care much more about college football than I do (and evidently everyone else who couldn't care less). Good job....you win!!

I'm basically indifferent on the issue is my point. Kind of like steroids/PEDs in baseball...I don't fucking care who uses them, at some point most of the league was and the game was better. I don't care who is or isn't getting caught cheating in college sports, because I think that everyone is to some degree, and some are just better at hiding it than others. The NCAA itself is also the most corrupt organization in sports, so the fact that they police and lay down punishment to schools for 'cheating' is absolutely hilarious to me. If the NCAA wasn't as corrupt as they are, there would be no need for schools to try and circumvent the system as often as they do.

No I really don't care. I'm being completely honest and not looking for an argument. I guess you care much more about college football than I do (and evidently everyone else who couldn't care less). Good job....you win!!

YES! I won! :bomb:

I'm basically indifferent on the issue is my point. Kind of like steroids/PEDs in baseball...I don't fucking care who uses them, at some point most of the league was and the game was better. I don't care who is or isn't getting caught cheating in college sports, because I think that everyone is to some degree, and some are just better at hiding it than others. The NCAA itself is also the most corrupt organization in sports, so the fact that they police and lay down punishment to schools for 'cheating' is absolutely hilarious to me. If the NCAA wasn't as corrupt as they are, there would be no need for schools to try and circumvent the system as often as they do.

Exactly, everyone does it, some get caught, some don't. Some get punished, some don't. Some get punished more severely than others. Its old news. I don't even think too many folks cared about UNC, even if that was CG's perception. Everyone i know has long since stopped giving a shit about Ohio St and USC getting their bottoms spanked. I told CG he was an idiot, but that wasn't the proper insult, the correct thing to say (and I hope he takes this as a quasi-apology because name calling isn't nice) is that he has little perspective. Just because he cares, doesn't mean anyone (let everyone) else does or has to.

I will tell you this much, whatever happens tomorrow morning will be a drop in the bucket compared to Chip Kelly leaving. If the program's momentum gets derailed it won't be because they aren't allowed to go to a bowl for a year, or they get docked a few scholarships. I like Helfrich and think he'll do fine but he is in an absolute no-win situation. Fact is, even if Kelly had stayed and there was no trouble brewing, you can only stay red hot for so long. Its a natural progression of things. 4 straight BCS bowl is unsustainable. UO has hit a glass ceiling. There are only so many phenomenal athletes on the line of scrimmage and a disproportionate number of them aren't from the pacific NW and have little interest in coming here, no matter how flashy the program looks. Without those guys you can't win. We got to face the worst of the 7 SEC champs (Auburn) IMO and still couldn't do better than a field goal loss. It is what it is, we aren't a semi-professional program, just a really really good one. And complaining doesn't have credibility because we have loads more resources than most. I don't think realistically that this program in the current climate is capable of much more than that (4 BCS games, 2 wins). Even with better teams the last two seasons we still weren't able to go unbeaten and get back to the title as we did in 2010. I think most Duck fans know we've peaked even if they don't want to make themselves say it or believe it. I'm nothing if not a realist, a BCS game every single year at the UO isn't reality. I hope Duck fans enjoyed it while it lasted, I know I did.

CG, one more thing, you started this thread 3 days after the Boston marathon. Even the most ardent sports fans were unable to make themselves care at the time.

I care .. probably have to dock a full fg of pr if not bowl eligible by sanction

That makes sense intuitively, but the results don't back it up. Ohio St 12-0 not eligible, USC 10-2 not eligible and ended the year playing as well as anyone in the country, PSU not going to a bowl anytime soon and got to 8-4 and totally overachieved. Playing in the post-season isn't nearly as much of a reward to the actual athletes as we think it should be.

Exactly, everyone does it, some get caught, some don't. Some get punished, some don't. Some get punished more severely than others. Its old news. I don't even think too many folks cared about UNC, even if that was CG's perception. Everyone i know has long since stopped giving a shit about Ohio St and USC getting their bottoms spanked. I told CG he was an idiot, but that wasn't the proper insult, the correct thing to say (and I hope he takes this as a quasi-apology because name calling isn't nice) is that he has little perspective. Just because he cares, doesn't mean anyone (let everyone) else does or has to.

I will tell you this much, whatever happens tomorrow morning will be a drop in the bucket compared to Chip Kelly leaving. If the program's momentum gets derailed it won't be because they aren't allowed to go to a bowl for a year, or they get docked a few scholarships. I like Helfrich and think he'll do fine but he is in an absolute no-win situation. Fact is, even if Kelly had stayed and there was no trouble brewing, you can only stay red hot for so long. Its a natural progression of things. 4 straight BCS bowl is unsustainable. UO has hit a glass ceiling. There are only so many phenomenal athletes on the line of scrimmage and a disproportionate number of them aren't from the pacific NW and have little interest in coming here, no matter how flashy the program looks. Without those guys you can't win. We got to face the worst of the 7 SEC champs (Auburn) IMO and still couldn't do better than a field goal loss. It is what it is, we aren't a semi-professional program, just a really really good one. And complaining doesn't have credibility because we have loads more resources than most. I don't think realistically that this program in the current climate is capable of much more than that (4 BCS games, 2 wins). Even with better teams the last two seasons we still weren't able to go unbeaten and get back to the title as we did in 2010. I think most Duck fans know we've peaked even if they don't want to make themselves say it or believe it. I'm nothing if not a realist, a BCS game every single year at the UO isn't reality. I hope Duck fans enjoyed it while it lasted, I know I did.

CG, one more thing, you started this thread 3 days after the Boston marathon. Even the most ardent sports fans were unable to make themselves care at the time.

could care less about the name calling. But I have plenty of perspective - just turn your radio on today and listen after the ruling is handed down. Whether it is just or not, people will call and discuss it on every sports radio show from sea to shining sea.

And for you to say you don't care is not true. You are a fan. You care and you think about it. If you really don't, then you are fair weather at best. And your attitude about how UO has it it's ceiling is ludicrous. You are simply hedging your bet should the worse case scenario happen so you can come back and point to it. Not going to four more straight BCS games will not mean you've come down a notch. Not to mention is the new coach not a disciple of Kelly? And are these big games with big pay days not going to grow with the addition of the Final Four games? Short of a "death penalty" today, UO football will be just fine.

• Bruce Feldman@BFeldmanCBS<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
    NCAA COI is hitting Chip Kelly with a Show-Cause penalty from the #Oregon case, per source.

Expand
    • Retweet
    • Favorite
    • <button type="button" class="btn-link with-icn dropdown-toggle" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 8px; border: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: pointer; border-top-left-radius: 0px; border-top-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-right-radius: 0px; border-bottom-left-radius: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: none; box-shadow: none; color: rgb(237, 23, 79);"> More</button>

• Bryan Fischer@BryanDFischer<small class="time" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); position: relative; float: right; margin-top: 1px;">4m</small>
    RT @BFeldmanCBS: #Oregon will NOT get hit with any bowl ban due to NCAA sanctions, per source.
    Retweeted by John Infante

5b8_medium.gif

could care less about the name calling. But I have plenty of perspective - just turn your radio on today and listen after the ruling is handed down. Whether it is just or not, people will call and discuss it on every sports radio show from sea to shining sea.

And for you to say you don't care is not true. You are a fan. You care and you think about it. If you really don't, then you are fair weather at best. And your attitude about how UO has it it's ceiling is ludicrous. You are simply hedging your bet should the worse case scenario happen so you can come back and point to it. Not going to four more straight BCS games will not mean you've come down a notch. Not to mention is the new coach not a disciple of Kelly? And are these big games with big pay days not going to grow with the addition of the Final Four games? Short of a "death penalty" today, UO football will be just fine.

*couldn't care less

CG, it sounds like you really, really care about your favorite teams. So much so, that it takes up a bunch of your time and energy. Everyone isn't like that though, especially those of us who have just become jaded to the whole 'sports' thing, especially in the corrupt NCAA. Your examples of people calling sports talk shows from sea to shining sea don't prove that EVERYONE cares. It just proves that there are people out there who do care...which no one is arguing with you about. I, personally do not care, and from his comments neither does Gar. For you to call him a liar is hilarious, are you really inside his head to know what he thinks about Oregon football, or sports in general?

Back