Oregon @ Arizona (lets talk...not propose bets)

betdahouse

Sean Taylor's Revenge
Id like to talk a lil bit about the game tonight. Think it could be a great game after reading over some of the contradictions on the forum. I dont kno too much about zona, and to be honest, I havent even seen them play. But there getting a lot of respect from this site. This line has dropped to 11.5 in my book and wouldnt be surprised if it fell even more. I feel like this could be such a statement game for either of these squads. Personally ive fallen in love with this oregon team. Used to play with them in NCAA football 07 and they seem to be clicking on all cylinders. I feel like either way that i bet tonight, im not going to feel confident about it. what do you guys think? Help my confidence!!!

If you're contemplating betting Arizona at +11.5 I would say you might as well hit it now...you can get off it later by getting Oregon at +10 or +10.5 I assume (where you could even buy half a point...although you'll be losing a lot in juice)...but I'm just giving some advice, I think the line drops another point or two before kickoff. I'll be back to address the rest of your post in a minute though

One key to this game that I like is Rob Gronkowski, the TE for the Wildcats. I think AIRizona will air it out early, maybe even have a few trick plays that they've been saving/or Sonny Dykes has worked up. This opens up passing lanes over the middle for those 10-15 yard dumpoffs to Gronkowski, a 6-6, 250 pound BEAST of a TE. This kid could've played for tOSU, Clemson, and a handful of other schools and picked Arizona. It's his time to shine on National TV, and I've already penned him in for 80+ yards and a TD

Now, moving on to the Arizona running game. Last year they went into Auzten with one of the worst run games in the COUNTRY and Chris Henry basically self-propelled himself into the 1st Day of the draft with his rushing performance. If I remember correctly, Chris Jennings held his own too. Now the Wildcats have Jennings AND Nikolas Grigsby, who has looked great for a freshman so far this season, and you can see his fresh legs when he comes in. This kid (while nowhere close to Bush) was being recruited by USC and had been told that he would be used in the "Reggie Bush" mold. I think the O-Line can protect him long enough to get to the outside on draw plays and counters.

There's nothing else to say about the Arizona offense. Willie Tuitama has proven himself the past few games, and we all know they have plenty of talent at WR. They have short recievers, tall recievers, posession receivers. Not much more you need...so I'll move onto the defense...

Coming into this season Arizona was predicted to have one of the best defenses in the Pac-10 (behind USC and I believe UCLA may have been picked ahead of them). Of course we all know that they only lost one starter on the Defense last year, yet they haven't seemed to click yet this year. It's time for guys like Antoine Cason and Wilrey Fontenote (the two starting CB's) to step in and make an impact. I believe they're both good for an INT in this game because they read players like Dixon well (who is a hell of a player, but you and I both know he isn't a great NFL prospect). That's why I think Dixon will be picked off a few times. It'll be a big struggle for the Arizona D-Line to do anything on Oregons O-Line, and Stewart could have a field day. But I think they'll be down late and have to rely on Dixon's throwing.

Special Teams? Who knows...I know Arizonas punter can boot the hell out of it, and that's about it. I don't know shit about Oregons ST's, sorry.

In the end I see this being a hotly contested game. Do I like the Arizona spread? I love it. I see this game being close no matter what, and I'd feel very comfortable getting 11 and a half points.

plenty of seats available for tonight.....saw tix online for $12 a piece, so not like UA faithful will be packing the house tonight. I would expect a strong contingent of Quack nation making the trip from stonerville......

It might sellout in terms of box office, but if there are plentiful pairs for dirt cheap I dont think the place will be 100% full, and maybe the hype isnt quite that big.

Prob. has no impact on the final, but thought it is interesting. We who bet every game tend to overhype games........

I think the oregon defense is getting overlooked a bit.. they are fairly athletic and i think will be able to apply some pressure.. not a lot seems to faze this team- and they should be undefeated right now

I've heard some crazy rumors that Dixon has a partially torn ACL. Dixon himself says he is fine but i'm not so sure.

Line is down to 10.5 now

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>Dennis Dixon </TD><TD class=datacell>QB</TD><TD class=datacell>Prob Thurs - Knee - 11/3/07</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

why did the line go down any1 know why ? did CSAH pound AZ vanzack style ?

r u seriously asking this question? :)

1 and only 1 reason. Too much money being put down on the CATS, they have to lower it for ppl to jump in on the DUCKS, which I THINK they will, and the result for tonight's game will be.......ARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA alll the way baby. :)

I've heard some crazy rumors that Dixon has a partially torn ACL. Dixon himself says he is fine but i'm not so sure.

Line is down to 10.5 now

Looks like that "rumor" i heard was true! And now we have Oregons medical staff trying to say that Dixon wasnt completely honest with them. Yea right, they knew what was up, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Back