Opinions on my Team

ljc_267

Mister NSFW
Had the draft last night. I had the sixth pick of the draft.

QB Ryan
RB Ellington
RB Sankey
WR D. Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Antonio Brown
TE Julius Thomas

Bench Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Mike Evans, Bernard Pierce, Manziel

What do you guys think?

I tried a different strategy this year. I went heavy on the receivers and took rb that were double threats. Everyone was taking rb in the first two rounds so I gobbled up all of the best receivers. Well see how it turns out.

It's just rough to have that RB core for a 10 team league...It could work though, obviously you have the best WR/TE core in your league (going into week one that is)...I wonder about Ryan this season, I would rather draft an Eli Manning or someone like that as my backup this season...

Your three WRs are gonna go for probably 4,000 with 240 catches and maybe 30 TDs if they stay healthy lol...toss in your TE and your starting core is hilariously good ... if you can squeak out 2000 yards rushing and a few hundred receiving with 12+ TDs and Ryan doesn't crap the bed you could be dangerous

Yea your RBs are scary as shit but IF they come out average or better your team is looking decent . 7 pick is rough. Still not sure this is a good 10man team though, looks like an average 12 team to me. 3 bronco WR/TE per week is rough. Why are Ellington and sankey your starting RBs and bell/bush are on your bench? Were they really drafted later than your first two? Love bell this year as a lions fan, think he's a top 15 back

I drafted the rbs as such because everyone was going rbs and they were picking up backs not worth the draft potions so I drafted top wrs instead.

Not sure where Monk gets the 3 boroncos.

Starting Sankey only based on he is the rb1 on his team. Will certainly consider starting Bell.

It's just rough to have that RB core for a 10 team league...It could work though, obviously you have the best WR/TE core in your league (going into week one that is)...I wonder about Ryan this season, I would rather draft an Eli Manning or someone like that as my backup this season...

Your three WRs are gonna go for probably 4,000 with 240 catches and maybe 30 TDs if they stay healthy lol...toss in your TE and your starting core is hilariously good ... if you can squeak out 2000 yards rushing and a few hundred receiving with 12+ TDs and Ryan doesn't crap the bed you could be dangerous

I would agree that maybe Eli would be a better choice than JFF, but there may even be another guy out there as a FA in his league right now. Eli hasn't really ever been a good fantasy QB, has he? That may change a bit this year with them trying more short, high percentage passes, but still...

What makes you wonder about Ryan this season? The Falcons, as a team, were pretty horrible last year, we all know that. Ryan still threw for 4,500 yds (4th in the NFL) with a 67% completion percentage (3rd in the NFL)! He did only throw 26 TD vs 17 INTs, but he was w/o his #1 target pretty much the entire season. I think Ryan is being vastly underrated at this point, based solely on how poor the Falcons record was last season. Couple that with the fact they may not have that strong of a running game, and it seems that Ryan and co. may be chucking the ball all over the field...he could be in for a huge season, but at the very least I don't think there's any reason to think he'll have a bad season.

I know I'm in the minority on Ryan but I hate banking on two wide outs that are prone to injury such as Julio and White. On top of that, he lost his bail out option in Tony G this season which really changes the scope of the safety's attention and the whole approach to their defensive scheme.

I'm a little higher on Eli this season b/c of a few things I'm reading about the O line, the health of his WR core, and I think this could be a pretty decent season for R. Jennings. He's burnt fantasy owners in the past as this isn't his first opportunity...but I just think that Eli's the kinda guy that I don't mind drafting in the 3rd to last round this season...right before my Defense and Kicker lol

lj,
I'm a newbie when it comes to NFL drafts, heck the last time i did NFL fantasy was like 7 years ago.
What are most people looking for when it comes to drafting?
Wouldn't number 1 be like Peyton Manning or Rodgers?

lj,
I'm a newbie when it comes to NFL drafts, heck the last time i did NFL fantasy was like 7 years ago.

Depends on scoring. If the qb gets 6 for a td he's worth more than if its four, but I wouldn't draft a qb first. The standard is to draft an rb first, but I disagree with that philosophy now unless you can get AP, Shady, or Charles. I think wr's and qb's are now more valuable.

lj,

all about position scarcity. you must start at least 2 RBs and 2/3 WRs. you only start 1 QB. QBs get hurt less. There are 10 QBs that could score as much or more points as the top 3 any given week.

Nice Job guy. Your WR lineup is INSANE. Im pretty high on Sankey, I think its a good pick. Good luck. I'm also high on Ryan. Do you get 6pts for TDs? My 10 man league its 4. I could have used your input in drafting my team.
:shake:

Charles, Mccoy, AP, Lacy, and Lynch.

I figured there was no reliable rbs left so why draft scraps.

I would have taken Forte there but wth. Ryan is fine, but his o line probably isnt now that they lost the tackle. His defense sucks like Romo, so he will rack up pts

oooo ya i think forte is the pick there. offense will be good, defense will be bad. nfc north shootouts.

Nice Job guy. Your WR lineup is INSANE. Im pretty high on Sankey, I think its a good pick. Good luck. I'm also high on Ryan. Do you get 6pts for TDs? My 10 man league its 4. I could have used your input in drafting my team.
:shake:

it is 6

The general consensus is that QB is deep and drafting a QB early rather then later gains you a smaller positive delta then drafting an RB early rather then later, or a WR if you get the right one...

That being said, there was a pretty hard fought debate on drafting Rogers/Brady/Brees early on a few years back...Even in some of the expert drafts, Rogers went in the 1st round so who knows..

I know that the guy who drafted Aaron Rogers with the first overall pick one year came in second in our league...

position scarcity is a nice notion, but my personal theory is draft the best player available...if you go RB RB RB in the first three rounds b/c of a glaring differential in the talent level of the RB you can draft vs the WR or the TE or even the QB...go for it, work it out later...

Hypothetical-

You've got the 3 pick and you Draft A. Peterson in a 12 team league....@ 21 you see Lynch there still and the top 6 WRs are off the board and the top 2 TEs are off the board along with the top 3QBs....sure you're taking Lynch (not likely but I saw this in a mock)... @ 27 you see Demarco Murray and now the top 10 WRs are gone ...

I don't take the best player left @ a position b/c there's a run...I just try to pick the best player available (Read what Adam Ronis has to say on the subject, I love his take)

I know I'm in the minority on Ryan but I hate banking on two wide outs that are prone to injury such as Julio and White. On top of that, he lost his bail out option in Tony G this season which really changes the scope of the safety's attention and the whole approach to their defensive scheme.

I'm a little higher on Eli this season b/c of a few things I'm reading about the O line, the health of his WR core, and I think this could be a pretty decent season for R. Jennings. He's burnt fantasy owners in the past as this isn't his first opportunity...but I just think that Eli's the kinda guy that I don't mind drafting in the 3rd to last round this season...right before my Defense and Kicker lol

You're definitely in the minority thinking that White is injury prone...where in the world did you even get that from? Roddy has missed 6 games in the past 7 seasons (and 3 of those were last season). He's anything but 'injury prone.' He's also been, pretty much, the model of consistency when it comes to fantasy WRs. He was the only WR, through 2012, to have 6 consecutive 80+ catch, 1,100+ yd seasons. There aren't many other options you can count on like Roddy White...and now he gets one of the top 3 or 5 WRs in football back on the other side of the field from him this year.

You're high on Eli because you're a Giants fan, let's be honest.

Had the draft last night. I had the sixth pick of the draft.

QB Ryan
RB Ellington
RB Sankey
WR D. Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Antonio Brown
TE Julius Thomas

Bench Reggie Bush, Joique Bell, Mike Evans, Bernard Pierce, Manziel

What do you guys think?

Championship!

final lineup.
QB Ryan
RB Forsett
RB J. Stewart
WR D. Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Antonio Brown
TE Julius Thomas
D. Eagles
K. Parkey

Congrats on the year. The "load up on WR early" strategy proved to work in your case. These elite WRs are locks to produce every year.

Back