Opinion and Play: Mississippi State @ Ole Miss

RambleOn

The Law of Winning
Big win for Ole Miss last week in Baton Rouge. Rebels dominated the ENTIRE game and was not an upset in the estimation of most people who had looked at the game. It was a game I thought we should have won, and we did.

Now the bottom-dweller Miss. State bulldogs roll into town. If there is anyone the Rebels hate more than the Tigers, it would be the Bulldogs.

Couple things:

*Mississippi State has lost on the road by 31,31,25, and 10 this year.
*HUGE QB advantage for Ole Miss. Sneed FINALLY not turning the ball over and that should carry over here. Whether Wesley Carroll or Tyson Lee is behind center, our Defensive line should cause fits.
*Speaking of D-lines, the Rebels held LSU to.....36 yards rushing. Biggest challenge will be containing Dixon but strength vs. strength I'll take our D line to hold Dixon under 100 yards.
*Miss. State closed out their home slate with a win last week against piss-poor Arkansas. It would have made a 3 game losing streak had they lost, and I think it's huge they won that game and got the Mouse off their back. Now they are on the road on the holiday and want to get the season over with. Croom said himself that this season has worn on the Bulldogs.
*Payback. Last year, Ole Miss lead by 14 in the 4th quarter, before a bone-head call by Ogre-on on 4th down gave the Bulldogs the ball in Rebel territory. After a score and a stop, the Bulldogs ran a punt back and then won the game on a last second field goal. TRUST me. That game has sat with the Rebels since the end of last season and it's payback time.

Somehow, someone gave me 13 today.

Ole Miss -13 (-150) for a big bet.

:shake:

Wow line movement is crazy

Ole Miss last night I thought I saw 16s.

---Cause for concern is Ole Miss beat Auburn by 10, Arky by 2, lost to VAndy, Carolina.

Might play down to level of comp.

I lean Ole Miss just never know.

Miss. State closed out their home slate with a win last week against piss-poor Arkansas. It would have made a 3 game losing streak had they lost, and I think it's huge they won that game and got the Mouse off their back. Now they are on the road on the holiday and want to get the season over with. Croom said himself that this season has worn on the Bulldogs.

That's what I like to hear.

I'm with you -- got it at 13.5 on Sunday. Rebels are still underrated.

Game plan playing out just as I thought. Defensive line is absolutely dominating and State just doesn't have a chance to do much. Dixon is getting shut down as well.

31-0 Rebels at half.

Looking at a second half under and Rebels play. State won't score.

Under 21.5 for a regular bet.

What is State gonna do? They'll be lucky to get a FG this half. Defensive line for the Rebels just isn't allowing any breathing room. This team is ready to get the season over with and should be demoralized. That leaves 17 for Ole Miss which I think is about right so I'll take a chance we run the ball this half and get this game over with. :shake:

nice job on Ole Miss the last couple of weeks:cheers:

Thanks. I capped the team's potential but think I was a year early. We are coming on STRONG right now and I can't wait for next year when I think we'll play to the full potential.

Defense absolutely dominated. 11 sacks, doesn't get much better than that.

Also, revenge came into play, as Nutt went for it on 4th down up 31-0!!!

money;

Congrats . Ole Miss has definetly overcome the sloppiness that plagued them early in the season . Played a very good game . Only wish they didnt fumble on the 3rd conversion near the Miss State 25 late . Needed 3 pts more for the over not that they would have kicked a FG but was hoping they had the cheap TD late ...

congrats on the win ramble, tailed ya small on it...and on a pretty good season with some definite high points for your boys...i found myself rooting for them several times this year...a good group

Back