Opening Day Plays

Mr Baseball

Pretty much a regular
Been really busy over the last month, but have still been following teams really closely. I am very excited for this baseball season, and ready to put some money back in the pocket.

Like I have mentioned before, I probably won't boast the best record on the board, but this is gambling, and I bet to win $$. I play several dogs and stick to them as my main source of income. I'll let the squares go 7-3 and be down a unit as I go 4-6 and pick up 3. I will also sprinkle in some ML parlays for faves, over/unders based on umps and weather, and a couple odds and ends along the way. So with that here we go. I don't put up crazy things like 50 units or garbage like that. Just a simple 1,2,3 Unit system based on play strength. When all is said and done in October, I plan on being well into the black, or actually green for that matter :cheers:

Preseason stuff:

Toronto Blue Jays under 80 wins - 20 Units
San Fransisco Giants under 81.5 wins - 5 Units
St. Louis Cardinals over 82 wins - 5 Units
Prince Fielder over 106 RBIs - 5 Units
Yovani Gallardo over 12.5 wins - 5 Units
Jason Bay under 27.5 HR - 5 Units

Openers:

Braves/Phillies under 8.5 Runs -110 1 Unit
- Derek Lowe is a sinker ball pitcher, which bids well at CBP. Although he struggled away from home last year, he has a solid history pitching here. Myers lost 25 pounds in the offseason and is determined to have a great year. Pitching is typically ahead of hitting at this time also.

Houston Astros PK 1 Unit
- Roy Oswalt has great stats at home, and I think he will be in for a good performance. Big Z is head case, though he can be one of the best pitchers in the bigs. Opening day is a big day, and you have a solid home team with their stud on the hill at a good price, I will bite.

Tampa Bay Rays +127 1 Unit *POSTPONED*- A great value play here. Although they are losing some value coming off the WS appearance, the public loves the Sox. In case people didn't notice, Beckett regressed a bit last year, going 12-10 with a 4+ ERA. Shields on the other hand has emerged into one of the games best pitchers, with a well balanced offense supporting him.

Rangers/Indians over 10 1 Unit -
Time to find out if Cliff Lee is for real. Two of the best offenses in the nation, in a great hitters park, with the wind blowing out? This one looks quite simple on paper.

Detroit Tigers +140 2 Units -
Remember this time last year when everyone loved the Tigers? Well now the tide has turned, and they are getting no love. Verlander and that offense +140 vs the shitty Jays? Best play on the board for the value.

Parlay Diamondbacks/Padres +174 1 Unit -
Webb and the young D-Backs should roll Cook and the fading Rockies. Putting that together with the arm of Jake Peavy, and this parlay has good value

Mets/Reds over 7 -120 2 Unit
- Little gunshy on this one as I rarely if ever play overs with the cold air and two aces on the hill. But the Reds hit Santana hard, Harang is a fly ball pitcher, and a gusty wind blowing straight out should mean 3+ dingers in this one

Here's to a great summer fellas:cheers:

Last edited:
GL Mr. Baseball and nice writeups. Doesn't look like Upton or Reynolds will play tomorrow for the Snakes. Just an fyi...

windy and blowing out in cincy. i missed the 7 as its at 7.5 with my book. good luck today!

Thanks guys, going to also pull the trigger on Cincy for the early action with the wind blowing out, although it is a little chilly for hitting.

Weather is such a factor in April it's unreal, however it's usually for unders!

Wow 40 with a freeze advisory, but you can't argue against a 25 mph wind straight out in a band box...

Also thanks to everyone for support, I hope you all do well, I will be watching your threads closely

Back