Opening Day Discussion

GWarner27

Meatballin' in Celtics Stadium
i've got a big list of leans and always feel uncomfortable on day one

Going to try and incorporate weather concerns a bit more this year as really cold days where neither pitcher can grip the ball is a big deal and will add even more variance = value to the dog.

Leans:
NYM
STL
PIT
ARI
SD
TB
LAA
CHW

Liking the cards as dogs, they have had pretty good success vs chacin, he 2-7 vs us in his career w bad era and whip, 24k’s w 19 walks vs current guys. Mikolas was a beast in day games last season, in 13 games he went 8-0 with a 2.56 era. Brewers players w 79 abs vs him w only 2 walks. Gotta like getting plus anything w a team that should have more baserunners. Brewers have slightly better slug vs Mikolas but cards obp is almost 100 points better vs chacin.

Liking the cards as dogs, they have had pretty good success vs chacin, he 2-7 vs us in his career w bad era and whip, 24k’s w 19 walks vs current guys. Mikolas was a beast in day games last season, in 13 games he went 8-0 with a 2.56 era. Brewers players w 79 abs vs him w only 2 walks. Gotta like getting plus anything w a team that should have more baserunners. Brewers have slightly better slug vs Mikolas but cards obp is almost 100 points better vs chacin.

i liked this too, but StL has moved to a fave so now i will pass

BALT @ YANKEES Over 8.5 (Think Yankees Can Do That Themselves)

HOU @ TAM HOU -1.5 (Top 5 Pitcher vs TAM?!)

ARI @ LAD (I'll Take Grienke Here.)

SFG @ SDP (BUM MINUS 101?! Too Good To Be True! This Line Based On SFG Lineup...)

CWS @ KCR (Chicago MAY Surprise This Year...)

BOS @ SEA +1.5 (Hey. They Are 2-0, Riding Momentum...Haha!

Happy Opening Day ALL!!! :shake::beerdrink::shake:

Phillies line obviously high but I think Nola wins the Cy this year and ATL has regression. Opening Day for Bryce and crew should get a W unless Kapler fucks it up.

Luis Castillo struggling again this spring after his big September although the velocity seems to be there and the change piece is filthy per usual - they're more attributed to command issues, finding consistent arm slot and development work on third offering tinkering back and forth from big curve to slider. will look to fade until he regains his footing out there

Luis Castillo struggling again this spring after his big September although the velocity seems to be there and the change piece is filthy per usual - they're more attributed to command issues, finding consistent arm slot and development work on third offering tinkering back and forth from big curve to slider. will look to fade until he regains his footing out there

i was thinking about Taillon last night, but couldn't pull the trigger just yet. He's so solid and had good numbers in all but one start vs CIN last year and i'm not that afraid of the CIN lineup (though PIT is pretty weak). Bullpen seems to be something I'd like to gamble on if tied late, though obviously batting last is a huge differentiator

I played O’s FF +321. Probably lose but that a insane price for anyone on opening day, and Tanaka? Walk and a jack and if cashner pitching well that could be enough!!

Back