one top unit play Monday

tee*dub

Head of Loggerhead Turtle Society
Cards -115, 6 units.. WIN

added:

Cards series (1st 3 games) +145, 2 units. WIN

Critical stretch for the redbirds and this looks to be their best opp in the 4-game set facing Hudson(edit:Hudson now scratched) and Jurrjens Tues and Wed...

I follow the Cards closely and offensively I believe they are very predictable. They hit bad pitching and do so especially well after facing a heavy dose of good pitching.

This is the right play given their current stretch... After the All-star break they smoked offensively while facing prodominantly bad pitching Pirates/Padres.. They scored 6,12,11,4,11,6,9 in succession.. Then they went cold? Nope, they just ran into a stretch of good pitching incl. the likes of Sabathia, Pelfrey and Sunday got dominated by Santana.

Now they get Morton after a long stretch of seeing pitches only on the black.. Expect some offense from the Cards tonight.

Morton starts tonight because Reyes had to pitch after long rain delay Sunday. Already sent to AAA to make room for Hampton he got a call back late yesterday. He has become a very predictable 5 inning 100 pitch pitcher and sans a 7/12 start against an offensive depleted SD he has been lit up pretty good in July.. The Atl BP has been struggling mightily (given up 5 and 6 run leads L2) and they will be in the game early again tonight if Morton's form holds.

Stl has lost 6 of last 7 against very hot teams (Brewers and Mets) but get a dose of what the doctor ordered tonight-- i.e. a bad pitcher and short bullpen and a team anxiously waiting to see a mortal pitcher again.

Cards will be big dogs in next two and think they get this one with ease..

Check status of Ankiel (abdominal strain)

GL all.

Cards season win bet looking good:cheers:

Last edited:
Going small with you here. Last 12 road series first game Cardinals 8-4. Carpenter goes Wednesday so they really do not want to get locked into a second game after a loss must win situation the day before.

Going small with you here. Last 12 road series first game Cardinals 8-4. Carpenter goes Wednesday so they really do not want to get locked into a second game after a loss must win situation the day before.

Like your thought process.. I am likely against Carpenter in Game 3 if they keep the number down based on his reputation. Hard to predict what the number will be IMO.

Carp was wild and high in early inning pitch counts in both rehab starts. I think he will be effective but won't see the sixth inning most likely. So the question will be what does the Cards bullpen look like going into Wednesday. If they are depleted, and that is likely, the Braves are the play.. We'll see how it plays out.. Looper pitched well in his last start vs Sabathia, even though a loss, I saw him turn things around to when he was very good. If he can go 7 inning tonight that changes the whole series for the Cards. GL:cheers:

Lots of moves today by the Braves:

ATLANTA -- The Braves announced six roster moves a few hours before Monday's series opener with the Cardinals, to be started by Charlie Morton, who was recalled from Triple-A Richmond.

Third baseman Chipper Jones, nursing a left hamstring strain, was placed on the 15-day disabled list for the first time this season. Right-hander Tim Hudson, fighting tightness in his right elbow, was also placed on the DL, and lefty Jo-Jo Reyes was optioned to Triple-A Richmond.
Righty Jeff Bennett was promoted to the Braves from Class A Advanced Myrtle Beach, and catcher Clint Sammons was also recalled.
Morton was optioned to Richmond on Saturday to make room on the active roster for Mike Hampton. Morton, who will be pitching Monday on five days' rest, traveled with the team back to Atlanta on Sunday night.
In his last start, on Tuesday against the Marlins, Morton allowed four runs on two hits -- the most damaging a three-run, fourth-inning homer -- in 5 2/3 innings and lost. Morton was 2-3 with a 6.00 ERA in seven starts this season.

added:

Cards series (1st 3 games) +145, 2 units.

No Hudson on Tuesday and Chipper DL'd.. This is a bad number-- not sure why it didn't adjust. I'd take it if you can find it.. Plenty of value at +145 IMO

Thanks guys-- Looks like McCann is out the rest of the series so the Brave line-up is very depleted..

Tempted to play the Cards again tonight. More later. Ankiel's status is key. Bullpen is rested now for the most part

Back