One play MLB Monday

hile75

CTG's ambassador of sexy
2009:
Totals: 14-7
Favs (140 or less) - 8-3
Dogs (120-139) - 1-0

Ok, back to normalcy for a few days. Hit a late night bet with the Red Sox. Onto today. Really tough card IMO. Only one game stood out to me, hit it early.

Houston/Cincy UNDER 8.5 - The Reds will look to avoid their 10th straight home loss to the astros tonight. Unfortunately for them, they have to face Oswalt tonight.

OK, Oswalt doesn't have great numbers to start 09, but in 08 in his first 5 starts, he went 2-3 with a 6 ERA and finished 17-10 with a 3.54 ERA. Oswalt has awesome career numbers vs the Reds, just awesome. In his last 9 vs Cincy. Oswalt is 8-0 with a 2.15 ERA, and long term, he is 23-1 with a 2.39 ERA in 27 starts and 2 relief appearances vs Cincy.

All that being said. I should like the Astros, but I think their lineup is terrible. Cueto didn't have great numbers vs Houston last year, but he is 1-1 with a 2.55 ERA so far this year and won his last start in a 3-0 game vs the cubbies.

I like to think this game stays quite low, and I'd consider playing the under in the first 5 as well, but the pens should do enough work to keep it under.

Gl today everyone.

cueto slings it fast but seems to get shelled by experienced (aged) lineups, and i can't think of a more aged lineup than houston. i like oswalt tonight but i leaned over. regardless, gl.

Hile I have to disagree w/ this one based on the ridiculous #'s that Berkman and C Lee posess at GAB in their careers. Lance year and year out comes to Cinci and pounds Reds pitching. It really doesn't matter who they send out there as he just pounds them. While I like Oswalts career #'s vs the Reds a lot of those guys that he has owned in the past have departed. 8.5 in this ballpark w/ the weather as warm as it is and the wind being just nasty throughout the midwest I would definitely look into which way its blowing before locking this one. Good luck on the action though and just my .02.

like it too...scared of oswalt...the WBC is killing all pitchers in it...Dice-K on DL, Peavy looks like shit and oswalt is the same...hope for a rebound game and hope Cueto can throw strikes...fucking WBC...UGH!

looks like onora behind the plate ( maybe ) and if so that is worth atleast one run shaved off the final result. gl as i will be on it as well .. if i cant back an under when hil eand onora line up i might as well forget it :)

looks like onora behind the plate ( maybe ) and if so that is worth atleast one run shaved off the final result. gl as i will be on it as well .. if i cant back an under when hil eand onora line up i might as well forget it :)

well said

Back