One of the crazier stats I have ever seen...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Jonathan FeigenVerified account@Jonathan_Feigen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166); margin-right: 5px;"> 1h1 hour ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: -2px -9px 0px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

Rockets scored all 142 points all from 3p line, ft line or in lane. Took 58 3s (2nd most in franchise, NBA history), 42 fts.

Jonathan FeigenVerified account@Jonathan_Feigen <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> 1h1 hour ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(170, 184, 194); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: -2px -9px 0px 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; position: relative;">More
</button>

The Rockets took one mid-range shots. Nene (who is grandfathered in and allowed) took it. They took 3 mid-range shots on Thursday.

I like the concept. If you're gonna take a midrange jumper you might as well go for a 3-pointer.

D'antoni is changing basketball and I'm not sure its for the better. Maybe its just me but this is not really enjoyable to watch.

Also, I hate all the fouls called at the arc now. Hand grazes elbow when the ball is already half way to the basket and its 3 shots. Its stupid.

Full disclosure: I bet a lot of unders

Interesting quote from the GM...

LINK CBS article

“We want to win the title, and obviously that’s probably going through the Warriors at some point,” Morey said in an interview on SiriusXM NBA radio. “And we absolutely figured the only way we’re gonna beat ‘em is with a barrage of 3-pointers and it’s probably going to be a 124-120 affair if we’re going to get past them.”

In Houston’s 132-127 double-overtime win over Golden State on Jan. 1, its shooters were not even on fire -- the Rockets shot 14-for-44 (31.8 percent) from deep. The Warriors, though, were even worse, shooting 12-for-44 from 3-point range. That’s a six-point difference in a five-point game, so I shouldn’t have to draw you a diagram to illustrate why it mattered.

Almost every night, the Rockets have a natural advantage based simply on the amount of 3-pointers they take. They are the first team in NBA history to average 40 3-point attempts per game, and in a league that has been trending in this direction, they are still an outlier -- the difference between their 3-pointers attempted and the second-place Cleveland Cavaliers is greater than the difference between the Cavs and the 11th-place Los Angeles Clippers.

Back