One big play

Toronto_Mike

Scent of a Woman
Aston Villa vs Sheffield Utd
Aston Villa -0.5 @ 2.05

Quite simply a realistic bet, some will say a homer play but i will tell you now this team is firing all cylinders and MON has promised for a Top Ten finish. I will continue with the write up in a bit, but there is big value on Villa today.

Sup Mike!

Villa haven't won at home since February 4, kinda leaning towards the draw personally. Villa has trouble scoring at home and United will keep it tight at the back to preserve at least a point from this game. Any Thoughts on why you feel Villa will come away with a win?

Sup Mike!

Villa haven't won at home since February 4, kinda leaning towards the draw personally. Villa has trouble scoring at home and United will keep it tight at the back to preserve at least a point from this game. Any Thoughts on why you feel Villa will come away with a win?

well look at who Villa have played at home during that stretch

Aston Villa 0-1 Arsenal
Aston Villa 0-0 Liverpool
Aston Villa 1-1 Everton
Aston Villa 1-1 Wigan
Aston Villa 0-0 Portsmouth

villa should of beaten both Wigan and Portsmouth, but overall that's a pretty tough stretch.

Also this is the last home game of the season for Villa, the game is sold out and it is promised from MON that the team will perform above standards. Again they are ending the season how they started, on form. Sheffield Utd are kinda safe for the time being but really, they are a pathetic team. Right now they are more concerned about legal off field action in terms of pressing charges against West Ham and deducting them 10 points. Mind you Sheff Utd have scored only 8 goals on the road all season and have allowed 31. So their defense on the road is still rather shakey

Mike, at first i was leaning quite heavily on Aston as well. But due to their stats lately, which i'm sure u are familiar with too, i just can't help but to fear another draw tonight.

I see this game as a more or less .. 50% win - 40% draw - 10% lose. I would love the ML play, but too much juice on it already.

this is a system play for me as well.

Whenever a team is favored at home with odds under 2.00 on the ML and the handicap is listed as an underdog play, take the home team.

I see, i might just tail bit before game time. Gotta see the line movement more. Good luck to you mate!

:cheers:

Mike, at first i was leaning quite heavily on Aston as well. But due to their stats lately, which i'm sure u are familiar with too, i just can't help but to fear another draw tonight.

I see this game as a more or less .. 50% win - 40% draw - 10% lose. I would love the ML play, but too much juice on it already.

if u aren't willing to play ML then why don't u play -0.5? Odds are still over 2.00

There are 2 ways u can look at this match

1. Villa can make this a bore draw and lure people into the odds.
2. People can be extremely skeptical about the team and fade them as suggested from you.

However, i'm trying to be realistic here. Villa are a far better team. Sheff Utd can claim premiership status if they get a draw here, but, they do play against Wigan next week at Bramall Lane, so a loss to Villa is not hard pressed. Villa on the other hand travel to Reebok Stadium and its quite clear that in order for a top 10 finish they must get a positive result today to have a chance to leap over Blackburn. Both sides will field their strongest XI, but you have to look at the current form. Sheff Utd have scored a measly 4 goals on the road since the start of 2007. Whenever they play a faster paced team, they've had their struggles, but teams that rely heavily on set pieces, the Blades have had their chances. I'm also not keen on Neil Warnock's managerial capabilities. If Sheff Utd had initially lost to Charlton, i would of layed off this game, but the odds are suggesting, imo, Villa and Sheff UTd are on the same level.....wrong. I expect Villa to continue their current success, and finish off their last home game of the season on a high.
Prediction: Aston Villa 2-0 Sheffield Utd
Goal Scorers: Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor

shit i had another system play PSG vs Lyon but the line now is getting very fishy

Yesterday the odds was lvl (0) with PSG being the slight favorite at 2.4 however, now PSG is -0.25 but the regular odds on the 3 way bet has gone up to 2.6

Very true, you've got good solid points there bout Villa tonite. Now i'm feeling better with the play .. -0.5 or nothing !!

For France Ligue 1, my system has Bordeaux for a win.

Back