On a Scale of 0 to 0.30, how drunk is Terry Collins?

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
Coming into the season everyones concern with Henderson was his ability to throw back to back games. I don't know that it was a valid concern, but he threw 34 pitches less than 24 hours ago....why run him out there again instead of going lefty/lefty with Blevins?

So, if that wasn't bad enough, Familia has pitched 3 games in a row and 4 out of 5. He threw 22 pitches last night. Are they going to run him out there for a 2 inning save in the 2nd week of the season with a 2 run lead?

His Mets career has been marked with awful in game decisions, but the Henderson one has to be near the top of the list.

Or taking out Lagares with a lead? I still think killing your closer in the 2nd week is pretty bad.

I absolutely could have heard wrong, but I think a reporter asked, "if you were 5-2, instead of 2-5, would you have put familia in the"...... and then he was like absolutely not, he'd only be in in the 9th.

Why the heck would that matter? Again, I may have totally misheard

To back up Scopeys point:
TC admitted he managed with desperation. Bothered by perception that these guys weren't focused.

A tweet from a Mets beat writer

If he's panicking in the 2nd week of the season, there are some huge concerns for his leadership ability. He clearly panicked with throwing Familia.

If he's panicking in the 2nd week of the season, there are some huge concerns for his leadership ability. He clearly panicked with throwing Familia.

I dont see it that way. The players dont seem focused... possibly a hangover from having such a good run last year.... its possible they havent been putting in the necessary work to stay at that level.... its not like these guys hes pitching right now are exhausted from a long season... a bit overreaction about familia....

I dont see it that way. The players dont seem focused... possibly a hangover from having such a good run last year.... its possible they havent been putting in the necessary work to stay at that level.... its not like these guys hes pitching right now are exhausted from a long season... a bit overreaction about familia....

They might not be exhausted now but they will be soon if he's pitching them like that It's a long season and it hasn't even been 10 games yet He's managing his closer like it's October.

Three days in a row is pretty sketchy as it is but to add To it 2innings on that third day +4 games in five days is absolutely insane

Even Dusty Baker who has a reputation for abusing arms won't throw his closer three days in a row this early in the season.

As a dedicated mets fan I've grown increasingly sick of TC. He is an inept game manager, with little creativity when it comes to the roster, and he is a poor motivator. I'd love to see him go, but it would take a complete meltdown for Sandy to boot him.

Don't think it's focus, more that they were never talented and were simply feeding off their great pitching/cespedes and have come back to earth.

The Collins stuff is embarrassing if true

Don't think it's focus, more that they were never talented and were simply feeding off their great pitching/cespedes and have come back to earth.

Exactly.

Anyone outside of Mets fans seem to be able to see this pretty clearly. That team wasn't really that good last year, outside of their obvious pitching. Their pitching will keep them in games, but they're just not that talented to outscore many teams, and if they suffer some injuries with pitching (almost inevitable in today's game and they have 4 quality guys so some of them will be on the DL at some point) and see a few of those guys take a step back a bit (also could be expected as they all lit the world on fire last year for the most part) they're going to be well out of the playoffs. The saving grace may be the division they play in, although the Marlins should be right with the Mets most of the season.

As a dedicated mets fan I've grown increasingly sick of TC. He is an inept game manager, with little creativity when it comes to the roster, and he is a poor motivator. I'd love to see him go, but it would take a complete meltdown for Sandy to boot him.

What creativity would you like him to have? How about the GM get him some actual talent?

Mets fans are great though...Collins has essentially been on the hot seat since he took the job (somehow the Mets feel as if they are the Yankees and have this wining tradition) including most of last year. They get hot and everyone loves Collins and forgives anything he may have done in their eyes that warranted him being fired. Now we're not even 10 games in and there's calls for his head again. Hahahahahahahahaha

And as I say repeatedly when we talk about teams failures and their dysfunctions...it ALWAYS starts at the top. Wilpon is a clown, and should face the blame for anything wrong with the team. Get an owner who knows what he's doing, and then we can talk about everything else that's wrong with the team if it's still an issue when the bad owner is gone.

I agree on the Mets. They are potentially a high 80s to 90s win team but only being of the starting rotation. The bats are not impressive at all, moreso just some solid hitters. The bullpen is weak and if TC is managing it like he has, it's not going to be pretty.

Just because the Mets went to the World Series last year doesn't mean they are this dominant team that is just sleep walking.

Tribe-Mets might combine for a baker's dozen runs this weekend.

Back