Olympics: Soccer

wreck

Pretty much a regular
<table onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="width: 100%;" border="0"><tbody><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_1" class="Column_Date_Headers_Odds"><td colspan="3">Olympics 2008: Gold Medal Winner

</td> </tr><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2" class="Column_Headers_Odds"> <td style="width: 25%;">Tue 8/12</td><td colspan="2">Gold Medal Winner</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td>09:00 AM</td><td style="width: 53%;">501 Argentina</td><td style="width: 22%;">+193</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>502 Brazil</td><td>+251</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>503 Italy</td><td>+643</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>504 Netherlands</td><td>+814</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>505 Cameroon</td><td>+1615</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>506 Ivory Coast</td><td>+2125</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>507 Nigeria</td><td>+2023</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>508 Field</td><td>+703</td></tr></tbody></table>

huh , would have thought brazil would have been the favorite. then again i am no soccer expert.

Most of the Brazilian superstars won't be taking part.

While Argentina usually always send out a pretty strong team.

Greencastle, why is it that Argentina usually sends out a good team whereas Brazil's (and I assume Italy as well) superstars rest?

Pride I guess.

Plus they don't have as many World Cup's as Brazil, Italy and Germany so they feel that winning competition's like the Olympics will kind of make up for that.

I think that Brazil will do good only of Robinho & Ronaldinho play in the squad... I know that there's been some talk but BARCA is not giving these guys up.. We'll see

I think that Brazil will do good only of Robinho & Ronaldinho play in the squad... I know that there's been some talk but BARCA is not giving these guys up.. We'll see

Robinho and Ronaldhino have nothing to do with Barcelona.

The real important players for Brazil are Luis Fabiano, Kaka, Dani Alves..... Ronaldhino is not good enough rite now to play for his country.

Robinho and Ronaldhino have nothing to do with Barcelona.

The real important players for Brazil are Luis Fabiano, Kaka, Dani Alves..... Ronaldhino is not good enough rite now to play for his country.

Is that serious. How did the guy fall so far in just under 2 years? I dont follow Soccer that closely but I thought he was one of the best in the world or is he just a Marketing machine?

any speculation to what over 23s the US will send to Bejing??
I would imagine donovan for sure, then perhaps beasley and bocanegra?

Is that serious. How did the guy fall so far in just under 2 years? I dont follow Soccer that closely but I thought he was one of the best in the world or is he just a Marketing machine?

Barca had no faith in him. He had lost his touch. He's now pretty chubby. But players can immediately fall from grace if the club does not show some emotional backing. You maybe the biggest star but you are also the most hated.

remember this is an U-23 squad, it's not the full team. Right now both Argentina and Brazil are in the midst of their current leagues so a lot of their clubs won't bother letting their players leave. I wouldn't be surprised if an African team wins this.

<table onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="width: 100%;" border="0"><tbody><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_1" class="Column_Date_Headers_Odds"><td colspan="3">Olympics 2008: Gold Medal Winner

</td> </tr><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2" class="Column_Headers_Odds"> <td style="width: 25%;">Tue 8/12</td><td colspan="2">Gold Medal Winner</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td>09:00 AM</td><td style="width: 53%;">501 Argentina</td><td style="width: 22%;">+193</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>502 Brazil</td><td>+251</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>503 Italy</td><td>+643</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>504 Netherlands</td><td>+814</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>505 Cameroon</td><td>+1615</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>506 Ivory Coast</td><td>+2125</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>507 Nigeria</td><td>+2023</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>508 Field</td><td>+703</td></tr></tbody></table>

movement away from Argentina and women's odds added.

</td> </tr><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2" class="Column_Headers_Odds"> <td style="width: 25%;">Tue 8/12</td><td colspan="2">Gold Medal Winner</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td>09:00 AM</td><td style="width: 53%;">501 Argentina</td><td style="width: 22%;">+188</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>502 Brazil</td><td>+247</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>503 Italy</td><td>+653</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>504 Netherlands</td><td>+829</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>505 Cameroon</td><td>+1667</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>506 Ivory Coast</td><td>+2184</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>507 Nigeria</td><td>+2076</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>508 Field</td><td>+714</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="width: 100%;" border="0"><tbody><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_1" class="Column_Date_Headers_Odds"><td colspan="3">Olympics 2008: Women Gold Medal Winner

</td> </tr><tr id="ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2" class="Column_Headers_Odds"> <td style="width: 25%;">Tue 8/12</td><td colspan="2">Women Gold Medal Winner</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td>09:00 AM</td><td style="width: 53%;">1001 USA (W)</td><td style="width: 22%;">+226</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1002 Germany (W)</td><td>+246</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1003 Brazil (W)</td><td>+321</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1004 Korea DPR (W)</td><td>+1209</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1005 Norway (W)</td><td>+1285</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1006 China (W)</td><td>+1346</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1007 Sweden (W)</td><td>+1820</td> </tr><tr class="AlternatingData1"> <td> </td><td>1008 Field</td><td>+1412</td></tr></tbody></table>

dinho was injured for a while. he's not bad. he's just not fit/form. he will be back to the top in by the world cup.

i coulda sworn i read somewhere that Ronaldinho and Robinho were both gonna play in this

Robinho possible....Ronaldinho highly unlikely. The squad is still being selected, and Kaka was touted to play but AC Milan are not budging and will not want him to leave. Ronaldinho is right now in a transfer saga and that is where his focus is at, trying to find a new home.

Robinho is the most likely candidate to play.

dinho was injured for a while. he's not bad. he's just not fit/form. he will be back to the top in by the world cup.

There are a ton of better players than Ronaldinho and Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldinho needs a new home Barca has not helped him gain his full fitness and his celebrity XI vs Messi XI it was a joke to see his pot belly.

If you want to see moves that are unreal, check out Djalminha on YouTube. Ronaldo and Ronaldinho have copied his moves. But that guy just never got exposure like a lot of players do today.

Brazil will still have a really good team for the Olympics, but they'll probably go with the younger guys like Pato, Lucas and Anderson.

I wouldn't put down any serious plays until the official rosters are announced.

Looks like AC Milan will let Ronaldhino take part in the Olympics as one the overage players in the side.

Here's the squad list:

Goalkeepers: Diego Alves (Almeria), Renan (Internacional).

Defenders: Ilsinho (Shakhtar Donetsk), Rafinha (Shalke), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Breno (Bayern Munich), Thiago Silva (Fluminense).

Midfielders: Anderson (Manchester United), Diego (Werder Bremen); Hernanes (Sao Paulo), Lucas (Liverpool), Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona), Thiago Neves (Fluminense).

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (AC Milan), Jo (Manchester City), Rafael Sobis (Real Betis), Robinho (Real Madrid). <!-- E BO -->

US Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (5): Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Nathan Sturgis (Real Salt Lake), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Brian McBride (out of contract), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

pretty guhhh US roster... no spector? no donovan or beasley? the midfield is pretty solid but still seems somewhat strange.

well, theyre only allowed to take three over 23 yearolds and CONCAF is the only region holding WC Qualifiers during the Olympics, so that restricted the pool...

Those future odds are right on the $$$$. I have those four as the group winners. I doubt USA will get out of the Group Stage. I have trouble seeing anything other than an Argentina-Brazil final.

i love altidore i am really excited to see him play against good competition again ... the u-20 world cup was fun to watch

Here's who Argentina have:

Goalkeeper: Oscar Ustari (Getafe-Spain) and Sergio Romero (Az Alkmaar- Holland)

Defenders: Pablo Zabaleta (Espanyol-Spain), Ezequiel Garay (Racing de Santander-Sapin), Fabricio Coloccini (Deportivo la Coruna-Spain) Federico Fazio (Sevilla-Spain) and Fabian Monzon (Doca Juniros-Argentina)

Midfilder: Fernando Gago (Real Madrid-Spian), Ever Banega (Valencia-Spain), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool-England), Juan Ramon Riquelme (Boca Juniors-Argentina) and Jose Sosa (Bayern Munich-Germany)

Forwards: Sergio Aguero (Atletico Madrid-Spain), Lionel Messi (Barcelona-Spain) and Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli-Italy).

they dusted off riquelme??

should be a good tourney...

soccer and basketball are pretty much the only things i watch at the olympics

The US Women lost this morning 2-0 to Norway... Don't really know if this is a "shock" or not but I do know that the American women are always in contention for any medal, trophy etc. I look at it as bad result for the team and the program...

women's soccer??? come on man, you're better than that.

big news from argentina as leo messi has been ordered to return to barcelona for the cl qualifiers and will not be participating in the olympics. huge, huge blow for argentina.

i watched this womens game and they were down 2-0 in the first 5 minutes
they looked like ass

Back