Olympic Squad

Can't really argue too much with that squad.

With no KG, Amare or Duncan they may be a bit thin up front, but it's a different game internationally.

Only 1 post who is legit back to basket big (Boozer). Lebron should help mask that tho b/c nobody will be able to guard him at the 4.

I woulda took Paul Pierce and Amare/Timmy/Josh Smith over Prince and Bosh.

Other than that it's good mix.

Only 1 post who is legit back to basket big (Boozer). Lebron should help mask that tho b/c nobody will be able to guard him at the 4.

I woulda took Paul Pierce and Amare/Timmy/Josh Smith over Prince and Bosh.

Other than that it's good mix.

Bosh is a better fit than Josh Smith.

Amare said he needs more time to heal his knee, while Timmy and KG declined invites saying they already put the time in for the national team and that they can't really put their bodies through the extra grind at this stage of their careers.

Solid squad.

Brew,

Its not about taking a bunch of all-stars. They need a diversified group.

First of all he's a better player.

But internationally you see a lot of zone defence so you need players who can knock down open shots consistently.

I'd rather have defense, athlete, size, energy, matchup nightmare coming off my bench with Smith. Block shot/defensive stop, outlet, dunk. Plus Smith is better than Bosh but thats another thread.

BAR, you have no business being on this team if you a player who hasnt been an all star in the past or have been in the conversation to be an all-star.

Smith is better defensively, Bosh is better offensively. Both good players, but personally I'd much rather have Bosh.

As would the majority of GM's in the NBA.

I mean you an nba all-star for a reason. Id like to think that means something. Course they got to take those AS's and put together a team that can play small, big, slow, halfcourt, shoot 3, defend, run, etc.

i'm curious, did those 12 guys actually say I want to be on the team? Like how does the selection process take place? I mean I wouldn't mind having a guy like KG on but why isn't he there? Did he say I want to rest up or something like that?

Bosh is a better fit than Josh Smith.

Amare said he needs more time to heal his knee, while Timmy and KG declined invites saying they already put the time in for the national team and that they can't really put their bodies through the extra grind at this stage of their careers.

kg and duncan wont be playing international ball anymore.

We can all agree that this is a GREAT team... but will they choke like the past 3 Olympic teams?

And do they choke or do they just not care what result they get ? ? ? ? ? hhhhmm

I got in a little argument with my buddies last night when we were talking about the Olympic squad. I said that *when healthy* DWade is a top 5 player in the NBA. I would only give them CP KB KG and LBJ. Do you guys have a problem with that?

I got in a little argument with my buddies last night when we were talking about the Olympic squad. I said that *when healthy* DWade is a top 5 player in the NBA. I would only give them CP KB KG and LBJ. Do you guys have a problem with that?

As long as the refs are calling fouls Wade is top 5. The fact that Duncan isn't in that list and CP3 is is hilarious. I think CP3 is great and all, but he's not a top 5 guy.

Something just doesn't feel right about this team. What happens if Dwight Howard gets into foul trouble?

This team has no inside presence. The next shot Boozer blocks will be his first. Brewer stated earlier in this thread or another that he's the only back to the basket inside guy. Completely false. Boozer thinks he's Karl Malone at the back end of his career. Shooting jumpers from the FT line. This team has some major weaknesses and they are all inside. They would have been better served with some offensive stiff at C who can block a shot. I honestly think they've made the same mistake as 4 years ago.

Boozer has a good left hand. But if you take that away/or if he settles for those jumpers he's useless down there.

This team's bigs are gonna have to be doing a lot of turning and facing the basket to score. But really there are only going to be scoring off their athleticism. Getting on the offensive boards, getting position based on strength alone and jumping through/around people. The post is really a mess. Then again like i said NOBODY on the face of this planet can guard Lebron at the power forward spot.

Josh Smith is everything that's been wrong with past USA Olympic teams. Bosh is a much, much better player...

We have enough guys capable of making highlight reel type dunks... don't need another one who can't pass or shoot.... or defend 1 on 1 for that matter.

There may be no one that can guard Lebron 1 vs. 1 whose a 4 internationally... but no one internationally can guard him at the 1, 2 or 3 for that matter. They will swarm ball handlers and cave in and force the U.S. to beat with with shooting.

With Redd on the team... we should be fine.

If he wasn't on it they could go down in similar fashion to how the Lakers fell to the Celtics. With him though... they shouldn't win by anything less than double figures each game.

The fact that Duncan isn't in that list and CP3 is is hilarious. I think CP3 is great and all, but he's not a top 5 guy.

You choose Paul to single out when Williams and Kidd are the other PG's on this squad? You have an interesting take on the top five if that's the case.

You choose Paul to single out when Williams and Kidd are the other PG's on this squad? You have an interesting take on the top five if that's the case.

he wasn't referring to the squad; it was directed towards my comment.

Players I would consider for my Olympic Team. I left of players who have given a known "no" to playing for Team USA that I'm aware of (Timmy, Amare, KG).

Left off some players i had second thoughts about and dont know if i could trust them with the ball with game on line and they had to be on floor given foul troubles to starters.

PG
Chris Paul<O:p</O:p
TJ Ford<O:p</O:p
Baron Davis<O:p</O:p
Deron Willams <O:p</O:p
Chauncey Billups<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
SG<O:p</O:p
Wade<O:p</O:p
McGrady<O:p</O:p
Bryant<O:p</O:p
Redd <O:p</O:p
Iverson<O:p</O:p
Vince Carter<O:p</O:p
SF<O:p</O:p
Anthony<O:p</O:p
Maggette<O:p</O:p
Josh Howard<O:p</O:p
Ron Artest<O:p</O:p
Paul Pierce <O:p</O:p
PF<O:p</O:p
James<O:p</O:p
Bosh<O:p</O:p
Boozer <O:p</O:p
David West<O:p</O:p
Jamison <O:p</O:p
C<O:p</O:p
Jefferson <O:p</O:p
Dwight <O:p</O:p
My team would be ...

PG Chris Paul/Deron Williams
SG Michael Redd/Kobe Bryant/Dwayne Wade
SF Paul Pierce/Ron Artest
PF Lebron James/Antawn Jamison/Carlos Boozer
C Dwight Howard/Al Jefferson

I like Kobe coming off the bench as 6th man. Coming in for Pierce mainly. I think having Redd on the floor is key to spacing and success. Just wait for the Kobe Bryant fan club to come in here and start hating on KB in that role. But if this team wants to win and the actual olympic team that was picked they have to play Redd and A LOT. <O:p</O:p<O:p</O:p

I like Kobe coming off the bench as 6th man. Coming in for Pierce mainly. I think having Redd on the floor is key to spacing and success. Just wait for the Kobe Bryant fan club to come in here and start hating on KB in that role. But if this team wants to win and the actual olympic team that was picked they have to play Redd and A LOT. <o>:p</o>:p<o>:p</o>:p
:36_11_6::36_11_6:

tj ford, vince carter, ron artest???

kobe coming off the bench???

u should stick to the wnba, cuz you dont know jack about real ball.

:36_11_6:

Ron Artest is fucking nasty.

Starting Redd over Kobe for spacing. Redd's shot is money. Just look at what Ray Allen did for C's all year. Kobe shots not near as good. And I want offense running thru Paul and Lebron on this team. Not Kobe. Michael Redd compliments the two of them better than a Kobe would at SG.

Ford and Carter ain't on my team. They are fill-ins/mentions.

More to a team than superstars. You have to think about who works with you so you get most out of your 5 on floor.

No clue why you saying i should stick to WNBA I havent bet a wnba game in my life.

You should keep to posting some more trash music in steed's thread. I know you do that well.

Last edited:
If Pierce is a said "no" to playing.

Then id go

Paul
Redd
Kobe
Lebron
Dwight

as my starting 5. I can see those 5 kicking ass especially if Kobe commits to playing d at the 3.

Again i dont know why you knocking Redd starting. His shot is huge for spacing. If you were to argue Kobe not starting with what i had I'd think it would be Pierce starting over him at a SF Kobe could play although Kobe's a listed SG.

That whole Josh Smith is a better player than Chris Bosh statement told me everything I need to know about your basketball knowledge.

Dude, i know nothing about basketball. Chris Bosh and his finesse would abuse Josh Smith all day. Josh is too weak and plays no d to handle nasty Chris Bosh. If Josh can play with KG in playoffs no way he could handle Chris Bosh 1-1.:36_11_6:

If you dont like the new music we got in Steed's hip hop thread, than keep listen to your 1990's music, that's been played out for a good 15 years now.

That shit you posting in there aint hip hop. It's commerical/club/r&b sing a long/fake thug music.

that's a thread for "new" hip hop music. so if you don't like our stuff, why dont you post some "new" real hip hop, instead of bringing up old shit from the 90's.

You should like a bitter old man, jealous of the success of today's young generation.

and back to the olympics, david west would be a good addition to the squad, but he was pretty banged up towards the end of the season.

that's a thread for "new" hip hop music. so if you don't like our stuff, why dont you post some "new" real hip hop, instead of bringing up old shit from the 90's.

You should like a bitter old man, jealous of the success of today's young generation.

Hip hop is dead for the most part. Very little shit is being made thats on the level of what hip hop in the 90s was. Therefore, i dont have hip hop to post daily. There are a couple of albums to drop in 2008 i cant wait for from a few of my favs. Especially, Eminem shits that suppose to be out in December i just found out about.

Im not bitter nor old. 21, friendly, honest, loyal, original, independent, contrary and laid-back I would say I'm more of. No way im jealous of what anyone has. If you hard-woking and honest sky is the limit.:shake:

Dude, i know nothing about basketball. Chris Bosh and his finesse would abuse Josh Smith all day. Josh is too weak and plays no d to handle nasty Chris Bosh. If Josh can play with KG in playoffs no way he could handle Chris Bosh 1-1.:36_11_6:

Just like when the finesse of Hakeem abused Shaq in the NBA finals all those years ago???

It's not just about blocked shots and crazy dunks.

As for the hip hop comment, I'd be interested to know when I posted any commerical/club/r&b sing a long/fake thug music?

Please feel free to point it out to me.

Akeem was not finesse. His footwork was best ever at that position. Shaq even said Akeem owned him. I think Akeem could own Wilt. And is best C ever.

Josh Smith is an excellent defender, off. boards, def boards, and attacks rim, too. Along with the other two things of his game you pointed out.

Throwback, points out enough of the stuff in that thread i dont care for. If Throwback likes/doesn't like it in hip-hop i say there is 80-90% chance I'd agree with him. Least of what i seen him voice in that thread. And i dont want to make Steed :( when i say stuff about Wayne.

Akeem was not finesse. His footwork was best ever at that position. Shaq even said Akeem owned him. I think Akeem could own Wilt. And is best C ever.

Josh Smith is an excellent defender, off. boards, def boards, and attacks rim, too. Along with the other two things of his game you pointed out.

Throwback, points out enough of the stuff in that thread i dont care for. If Throwback likes/doesn't like it in hip-hop i say there is 80-90% chance I'd agree with him. Least of what i seen him voice in that thread. And i dont want to make Steed :( when i say stuff about Wayne.

Hakeem was not finesse??????

Shit man, you gotta be kidding me with these statements.

If i was a C in NBA i would want nothing to do with Akeem. He scare shit out of me.

Brewer,

Don't you remember the USA team last summer. Kobe was the best player by far on BOTH ends of the floor. He was playing that defense he has the talent for but hasn't always shown.

more later...

Why lock. Because a thread on this site actually has some rare discussion in it?

Steed, i'm relaxed. Stress is bad.

B.A.R. if he gonna show that d everyone knows he can i want him at the 3 starting. But im not sure and i really like what Pierce showed this year. Changed how i view him. But if Pierce has said he doesnt want to play internationally anymore, like a few have, then Kobe is the man at the 3.

Regardless of Pierce or Kobe at 3, Redd should be starting at the 2. He opens up the floor and makes life easier for Chris and Lebron.

No need to lock.

It's just funny how this guy's saying I post trash music in steed's thread and I then ask him to give me an example, and he can't do it.

Also saying Hakeem was not finesse is one of the most unintelligent things I've ever read on this site. And that's saying a lot.

And I wonder who our resident NBA expert B.A.R. thinks is a better player Chris Bosh or Josh Smith?

Josh Smith is a unique player. It cracks me up when he starts taking jumpshots. If he simply played his role he would be much better. He is a def factor for the Hawks an can change the momentum of a game in short periods. That being said, Bosh is clearly the superior player. He can play with his back to the basket, face up, shoot mid-range jumpers and penetrate. He gets better every year.

Im not gonna comment on the music because im being told not to by Steed. Because what is posted in that thread is hip hop. HOwever, much Throwback, anyone else, or myself disagree with it being hip hop.

Finesse in nba to me is not Akeem. Akeem would scare shit out of me at C if i was a C in NBA.

Chris Bosh to me is finesse. He is soft, thrown around, settles to much, no pride in d.

Back