Oklahoma vs Florida BCS Championship - Predict The Line

OU -1.

(All right, mostly this is me hoping, but I could see it.)

If they really want to favor the Gators: Florida -4

The more I think about it, the more I think OU might be favored. Just slightly.

They've been putting up like 60 points a game for the last four weeks and Florida hardly dominated today. OU has been absolutely embarrassing teams.

There is no way that Oklahoma is favored

From the standpoint of book psychology, I can see that. Meaning, if you make OU a very small favorite you will get tremendous, one-sided action on Florida.

I get it from that angle and that's enough to keep them from doing it.

But you just had OU go up against Texas Tech and kill them. Go to the Big XII Championship and put up 60. Now they're going to a neutral field to play Florida who was losing to Alabama in the second half.

I agree Florida will likely be a small-ish favorite, but I think you can make the argument for OU.

Opening line Florida -3.5 early action should dictate the money flow either down to -3 or up to -4/-4.5....as far as a total...shit fire....maybe 71...ya gotta think the Championship Game gets a bit tighter play ( like the SEC game early on )

There is no way that Oklahoma is favored

exactly. they will need $ on the sooners.
oklahoma has been dominating...but no one plays any decent defense in their conference. texas played the best...relative to that conference...and beat them.

florida is the best team in college football, regardless of rankings. they will be favored. my guess is it opens between 3 & 4, then they move it quickly based upon the initial action...which is of course before we get the lines available to us. so i think we may see a UF -6 by the time they're on BM.

Back to Vk's way of thinking though from earlier in the year, with my idea of the spread being 4.5 or smaller....whoever wins the game, covers...just my opinion

exactly. they will need $ on the sooners.
oklahoma has been dominating...but no one plays any decent defense in their conference. texas played the best...relative to that conference...and beat them.

florida is the best team in college football, regardless of rankings. they will be favored. my guess is it opens between 3 & 4, then they move it quickly based upon the initial action...which is of course before we get the lines available to us. so i think we may see a UF -6 by the time they're on BM.

Great minds think alike:cheers:
Not sure it ever hits 6 though

I agree Florida will likely be a small-ish favorite, but I think you can make the argument for OU.

You can make an argument sure, but there's no way OU is the fav...Even though they made history tonight with rolling of 60+ in 5 staright games, I still think most people have something stuck in their memory about Boise and West Virginia....It's all about perception, and I think until Stoops wins another title, people will view him as the guy that lost those two "easy" BCS games.

Also, couple that with the fact that Florida is an ATS machine right now and they will without a doubt open -3 or higher....if they don't, I'll be standing right next to Mr. Joe "CTG Voice of Reason" Public in pounding the bejesus out of Florida!

Texas +6.5

Would be fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!

Any prop lines on that? A la Super Bowl

Mixmatch Bowl lines....Does anyone do that?

OU vs. Utah anyone? :36_11_6:

I don't think it would happen, but I would laugh hysterically for weeks...maybe even months

Gonna be an interesting game imo..Oklahoma WILL score on Florida, I do know that...but UF should have a healthy Harvin and the dlinemen will be back as well.

I think UF is the more disciplined team as well...

Should be a great game....

I think it will be 5.5

I know it's not OU vs. Fla, but this Cincy game might present a somewhat soft number vs. Va Tech, fwiw.

Gonna be an interesting game imo..Oklahoma WILL score on Florida, I do know that...but UF should have a healthy Harvin and the dlinemen will be back as well.

I think UF is the more disciplined team as well...

Should be a great game....

I think it will be 5.5

the sooners will definitely score...just not enough, imo.

the gators will get stops. will oklahoma?
i'm not a fan of big 12 defenses. hell, i'd be betting USC over any 1 of them...so it tells you i'd also be taking florida, and prolly even bama too, depending on all the matchups.

florida -6 o/u 68.5

i'll be taking under.....

too much time between now and the game.....

Last edited:
UF should be favored and I know there will be many threads from today all the way to this game breaking it down but I have a few things to say. Oklahoma will score points, I agree BUT its important to look at some things. This is taken from one of the few good articles actually written at the sports network.

A quick look at how the BCS national champion finished in total defense this decade:

2007: LSU (3rd)
2006: Florida (6th)
2005: Texas (10th)
2004: USC (6th)
2003: LSU (1st)
2002: Ohio State (23rd)
2001: Miami (6th)
2000: Oklahoma (8th)

Only once this decade has a national champion finished lower than 10th in the nation in total defense, and that team (Ohio State, 2002) was No. 2 in scoring defense.

Now, a look at the Big 12's big five in total defense this season: Texas (53rd), Oklahoma (56th), Texas Tech (74th), Oklahoma State (76th), Missouri (89th).

And now, the four other major players in the race for the BCS championship game: Alabama (3rd), Florida (9th), USC (2nd) and Penn State (4th).

Something ain't right, people. That's all I'm saying.
And for those who say the offense is limited on the other side, we give you these national scoring offense rankings: Florida (3rd), Penn State (10th), USC (12th), Alabama (30th)

UF will be the fastest team all season that Oklahoma faces on both sides of the ball...Small game Bob Stoops is at a disadvantage against Urban Meyer. UF has advantage on special teams. Month rest for Percy Harvin. UF by 10+

I just remember that tOSU had one of the best offenses I have ever seen in my life in 06 and Florida done fucked them up.

A repeat maybe?

UF should be favored and I know there will be many threads from today all the way to this game breaking it down but I have a few things to say. Oklahoma will score points, I agree BUT its important to look at some things. This is taken from one of the few good articles actually written at the sports network.

A quick look at how the BCS national champion finished in total defense this decade:

2007: LSU (3rd)
2006: Florida (6th)
2005: Texas (10th)
2004: USC (6th)
2003: LSU (1st)
2002: Ohio State (23rd)
2001: Miami (6th)
2000: Oklahoma (8th)

Only once this decade has a national champion finished lower than 10th in the nation in total defense, and that team (Ohio State, 2002) was No. 2 in scoring defense.

Now, a look at the Big 12's big five in total defense this season: Texas (53rd), Oklahoma (56th), Texas Tech (74th), Oklahoma State (76th), Missouri (89th).

And now, the four other major players in the race for the BCS championship game: Alabama (3rd), Florida (9th), USC (2nd) and Penn State (4th).

Something ain't right, people. That's all I'm saying.
And for those who say the offense is limited on the other side, we give you these national scoring offense rankings: Florida (3rd), Penn State (10th), USC (12th), Alabama (30th)

UF will be the fastest team all season that Oklahoma faces on both sides of the ball...Small game Bob Stoops is at a disadvantage against Urban Meyer. UF has advantage on special teams. Month rest for Percy Harvin. UF by 10+

Sir, you are wise beyond your years (at least when it comes to CFB).....:cheers:

The problem here is who is going to want to bet on the Sooners with the way they've been in these BCS Bowl games lately (losing 4 in a row)? Stoops has got to do something different in this one month time period that we wait for the game.

If your going to only look at numbers Florida has played only two teams in the top 50 in offense (including OOC). OU has faced 11 teams who's offense rank in the top 50 (including OOC).

Florida's defense has seen nothing even close to the offense they will see in OU.

OU has seen 5 offenses that move the ball better then Florida if your only looking at numbers.

Stats don't always tell the story with spread offenses. The spread offense is the way to go in college football right now and now that the big boys are using this offense with better athletes is why you are seeing video game numbers being put up.

That being said I can't pull the trigger on OU because of Stoops just shitting the bed in these one month big game layoffs. His teams have come out flat, lost, and uninspired the last 4 BCS Bowl games.

I heard from a former player from OU that when they recruit you they use the "We will get you into the NFL" as the company line. It makes me wonder when that final ball is snapped in the first week of Dec. and school is over with where exactly is their heads at?

Do they have more players wondering where they are going to get drafted then thinking about the game in that one month lag time? Also any underclassmen with a hint of talent (even if it means third round) usually jumps to the NFL for OU.

You can come back with the argument that they will be playing for the MNC game and will be completely focused but they gave up in the first quarter of the USC game according to the DL of USC (talking about OU OL), and at halftime of the Texas game this year numerous players were telling the Texas coaches at halftime that you could see the Sooners getting tired and about ready to quit and they did exactly that in the second half as Texas would've won by 3 TDs if there was more time on the clock.

It's just my simple opinion and I could be wrong but losing 4 BCS games in a row in the manner that they have, with the talent they had is disturbing. LSU dominated them, USC absolutely embarrassed them, most people only remember the ending of the Boise St. game but most forget that Boise had an 18 point lead toward the end of the third quarter and got conservative for OU to get back in it, and once again they were embarrassed by WVU last year.

This has me leaning more to Florida then anything you will see on a stat sheet. OU has been the worst team in preparing for a bowl game the last 5 years.

Good points Horn..OU gets a lot of stupid penalties as well, you see the jawing and jabbering on the sidelines with Stoops and players....if that happens in the MNC they are cooked..they will give up, if Florida scores early and often...they are a very emotional team especially on defense.

On the other hand..people talk about Oklahoma's defense..Oklahoma has blown out every team going into halftime this year pretty much, with exception of Texas...

I lean UF for now.

ETG..I don't see many in their big games though..in fact I think they only had two last night?

Also Big 12 refs do not call holding at all. I'm wondering what conference these refs are going to be from.

Anybody that has watched a big Big 12 game with unbiased eyes will agree with me on the holding in the conference.

If your going to only look at numbers Florida has played only two teams in the top 50 in offense (including OOC). OU has faced 11 teams who's offense rank in the top 50 (including OOC).

Florida's defense has seen nothing even close to the offense they will see in OU.

OU has seen 5 offenses that move the ball better then Florida if your only looking at numbers.

Stats don't always tell the story with spread offenses. The spread offense is the way to go in college football right now and now that the big boys are using this offense with better athletes is why you are seeing video game numbers being put up.

I believe this sounds amazingly similar to Bama backers refrain of "Florida's offense has seen nothing even close to the defense they will see in Alabama."

If UF was in the Big 12 they'd average 50 ppg IN CONFERENCE PLAY....:shake:

Mully :cheers:

Last edited:
Crucial part of Stoops preparation to play Florida

awvas02_large.jpg

The problem here is who is going to want to bet on the Sooners with the way they've been in these BCS Bowl games lately (losing 4 in a row)?

No one remembers that stuff.

Back