Ohtani stats

Remarkable stuff, not seen in 100 years.

In the AL he is currently ranked:

BA - 7th
OBP - 5th
SLG - 1st
Runs - 3rd
Hits - 3rd
HR - 1st
RBI - 1st
Walks - 8th
SB - 20th

IP - 16th
Ks - 3rd
ERA - 9th
WHIP - 8th
BAA - 1st

Remarkable stuff, not seen in 100 years.

In the AL he is currently ranked:

BA - 7th
OBP - 5th
SLG - 1st
Runs - 3rd
Hits - 3rd
HR - 1st
RBI - 1st
Walks - 8th
SB - 20th

IP - 16th
Ks - 3rd
ERA - 9th
WHIP - 8th
BAA - 1st
Ruth never had these kind of stats all in one season. He started dominating hitting in 1919 but pitched in 17 games. In 1917 he pitched 326 innings but only batted in 52 games

1919 batting stats
BA - 8th
OBP - 1st
SLG - 1st
Runs - 1st
Hits - 21st
HR - 1st
RBI - 1st
Walks - 2nd
SB - 53rd

1917 pitching stats
IP - 2nd
Ks - 5th
ERA - 7th
WHIP - 6th
BAA - 4th

Ruth never had these kind of stats all in one season. He started dominating hitting in 1919 but pitched in 17 games. In 1917 he pitched 326 innings but only batted in 52 games

1919 batting stats
BA - 8th
OBP - 1st
SLG - 1st
Runs - 1st
Hits - 21st
HR - 1st
RBI - 1st
Walks - 2nd
SB - 53rd

1917 pitching stats
IP - 2nd
Ks - 5th
ERA - 7th
WHIP - 6th
BAA - 4th
What’s amazing about Ruth’s stats is his HR season totals would be more than the total of some teams of his era.

What’s amazing about Ruth’s stats is his HR season totals would be more than the total of some teams of his era.
I'd always heard that and thought it was only in the dead ball era. But that was true as late as 1932, when he hit 41 HR at 37 years old and the White Sox team hit 36 HR.

I am usually the guy who says so and so is not worth the contract. The last one I thought was worth every penny and then some was Freddie Freeman. Ohtani is worth a blank check as far as Im concerned. He will get well over 500 mil on his next contract.

Last edited:
I am usually the guy who says so and so is not worth the contract. The last one I thought was worth every penny and then some was Freddy Freeman. Ohtani is worth a blank check as far as Im concerned. He will get well over 500 mil on his next contract.
Hard to compare his marketing/merchandising power to anyone really. Ichiro maybe but Seattle limited him to a degree. It will far exceed Harper's value and it seems as though he'll likely end up staying in LA or go to New York, his contract will be worth every penny to the team that signs him.

In soccer they do valuations on players and Haaland became the first to have a market value of $1 billion ( I believe, really only caught the last few seconds of that discussion) but I'd love to see a market value on Ohtani. Baseball is as close a thing to soccer and cricket globally, it's gotta be right up there.

This guy. He might be the greatest athlete of all time. He makes history every time on the mound and in the batters box it seems.

He'll get well over 500 million easily.

Tied for the league lead in triples. AGAIN.

Last player to lead the league in triples and home runs was Jim Rice 1978.

Before that Mays and Mantle both did it in 1955.

I dont think his demands could be too high at all this offseason

hes top 5 as a hitter and a pitcher

Ask for what judge and Scherzer make, and then put their salaries together and multiple that by the years

Don't wish this upon him but seems like this is all too good to be true and his career will be shortened by something freak.

I dont think his demands could be too high at all this offseason

hes top 5 as a hitter and a pitcher

Ask for what judge and Scherzer make, and then put their salaries together and multiple that by the years

Yeah, 600 over 10 seems short and that’s what I have been saying it will take.

Been over a century since we've seen anything even remotely close to today.

On May 30, 1919, the Red Sox played a doubleheader at the Philly A's. In the opener, Babe Ruth pitched a complete game win, giving up 11 hits and 6 runs but contributing 3 for 5 at the plate in a 10-6 win. In the nightcap the Sox lost 4-3 in 10 innings. Ruth drove in all three Sox runs with a homer and a double.

On August 17, 1919, the Red Soz played a doubleheader at the St. Louis Browns. In the opener Ruth scattered 9 hits in a 2-1 complete game win. In the 2nd game he stroked a 2 run homer in the Red Sox 6-1 win.

On September 1, 1919, at home for a doubleheader against the Senators, he improved with a 3 hitter in a 2-1 win, followed by another 2 run homer in a 4-1 win.

He's a loyal guy and I think he stays with the Angels. These moves won't get them into the playoffs but Ohtani will see it as a sign that they tried and he will reward the team by staying there.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ
How bad is the Angels organization when they haven't made the playoffs once with Ohtani and Trout together and only once with Trout where they got embarrassed by Kansas City.

He's a loyal guy and I think he stays with the Angels. These moves won't get them into the playoffs but Ohtani will see it as a sign that they tried and he will reward the team by staying there.
I firmly believe they have intel that says he wants to stay. Only reason I can imagine they aren't moving him and now trying to stack up.

Wouldn’t his hitting numbers be even much better if he didn’t hit in games he pitched?
Depends. He's hitting .356 in games he pitches with .455 OBP. But his slugging is lower, 0.657 vs 0.679. He's pitched about 20% of games played but his homers are only 13% of his total. In games he doesn't pitch he's on pace for 66 home runs over 162 games. In games he pitches he's more like a 40 homer guy, still pretty good.

Depends. He's hitting .356 in games he pitches with .455 OBP. But his slugging is lower, 0.657 vs 0.679. He's pitched about 20% of games played but his homers are only 13% of his total. In games he doesn't pitch he's on pace for 66 home runs over 162 games. In games he pitches he's more like a 40 homer guy, still pretty good.
I legit laughed out loud and thought I was choking to death

Well done!

I think he is going to have a big weekend here if they pitch to him, the dome is open its already in the low 90'sF humidity is at 90% already ball carries well when dome is open. Dome will prolly be closed tomorrow 95% chance of rain by gametime, sunday dome will be open as temps will be back to low 90'sF. Gausman tonight followed by Manoah Sat prolly Ryu season debut when Manoah falters all over the over for this game and Berrios sunday.

Tried to grab some tickets for tonight really wanted to see Ohtani pitch in person but starting at $750 for nosebleeds took me out of the equation can't imagine what decent seats were going for, lol. Then he pitches yesterday instead of tonight alot of peeps paid big $$$ and now he is not pitching OUCH. BOL Everyone Cheers

• Love
Reactions: KJ
Back