Ohio State @ Northwestern

STEED

CTG Partner
Staff member
Discuss. Monster game.

Friend from that way telling me easily one of biggest home games in NW history...

tOSU sits at -4 currently.

Yea. Don't like spot at all for Bucks.

If secondary plays like they did against Wisconsin, NW will throw for 500.

Roby healthy? Who knows.

Christian Bryant out for tOSU for season with broken ankle also huge.

Roby got exploited vs Bagers like I've never seen. They threw at him 80% of the time.

NW secondary is atrocious...

wisky dline is good..borland a monster...

Venric Mark healthy for NW?

I'm not a fan of Hyde unless you're up big. or sitting on lead. or on 3rd and shorts.

OSU 2nd half issues might bite them..they have trouble scoring in 2nds for some reason.

Oh I expect Brax/KG to have a field day too but NW fully capable of out scoring Bucks.

NW w/ a bit of a scheduling edge...off a bye and hm night gm and tOsu coming off tough game vs Wisc

over....i cant trust NW in a big game, dont believe it yet, they just cant defend in big games and they always find a way to choke away a big lead, nebraska and psu come to mind just last year. i would need 7plus to even think about backing NW

Was exercising a little hyperbole. They have managed two wins in 50 years, you got me there.

Boom, do you just like to insult people? Is that your m o?

I respect your capping ability but dude please lay off the shit talking, my god.

Will be interesting to see if NW fans keep their tix for once....place holds 47k and it's normally more than half red.....OSU alumni base is huge in Chicago.

Venric Mark (leg) will play for Northwestern against Ohio State
By Chip Patterson | College Football Writer
October 1, 2013 2:01 pm ET

While this game is in Evanston, tOSU (much like most big ten schools) will have plenty of fans in the stadium, plus it's a fairly open stadium on both sides so there really isn't a sound advantage to this one. Be careful of the weather (rain Thur - Saturday in the Chicago area forecasted) and I think Braxton Miller is a lot better week 2 than he is week 1 of a return from injury. It's a stay away for me, but I feel that every year we talk about a good NU start and then they play a team in conference and then we go "oh yeah, not quite there".

Still though, check the weather before you run out the over bet.

[TABLE="class: game-log"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: date"]Date[/TH]
[TH="class: opponent"]Opponent[/TH]
[TH="class: surface"]Surface[/TH]
[TH="class: result"]Result[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-rush"]Rush Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-pass"]Pass Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-play"]Plays[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard"]Total Yards[/TH]
[TH="class: total-off-yard-play"]Yards/Play[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]08/31/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]@ California[/TD]
[TD]Turf[/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 44-30[/TD]
[TD]93[/TD]
[TD]455[/TD]
[TD]99[/TD]
[TD]548[/TD]
[TD]5.54[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even-row"]
[TD="class: date"]09/07/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Syracuse[/TD]
[TD]Grass[/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 48-27[/TD]
[TD]133[/TD]
[TD]301[/TD]
[TD]79[/TD]
[TD]434[/TD]
[TD]5.49[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: date"]09/14/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Western Mich.[/TD]
[TD]Grass[/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 38-17[/TD]
[TD]143[/TD]
[TD]202[/TD]
[TD]72[/TD]
[TD]345[/TD]
[TD]4.79[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even-row"]
[TD="class: date"]09/21/13[/TD]
[TD="class: opponent"]Maine[/TD]
[TD]Grass[/TD]
[TD="class: result"]W 35-21[/TD]
[TD]107[/TD]
[TD]272[/TD]
[TD]77[/TD]
[TD]379[/TD]
[TD]4.92

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Terrible spot for TOSU. I am a huge bucks fan and have been worried about this game since the schedule came out. It's a no play for me.

NW secondary is atrocious...

wisky dline is good..borland a monster...

Venric Mark healthy for NW?

I'm not a fan of Hyde unless you're up big. or sitting on lead. or on 3rd and shorts.

OSU 2nd half issues might bite them..they have trouble scoring in 2nds for some reason.

Its pretty obvious if u watch the games that urban and Texas Tom are taking their foot off the pedal and doing their best jt impression. Urban was even quoted as saying once they were up 17 the only way they lose is off a turnover. Hence the reason for conservative play calling in the 2nd half. This team doesn't have problems scoring
P

Agree. But he's also made comments that he wants to score 100.

He's got a little sec in first half then big ten ground n pound in 2nd half.

I like it.

I think the tempo Nw plays at Osu will go match for match.

Given the fact that OSU had a big game last week. Just my personal opinion. Its pretty difficult for kids to get geared up mentally, after such an emotional game 7 days prior. NW @ home. Getting almost a touchdown. Looks yummy to me. If this line gets bet up to 8. How many of us would bite on it. I would. Anyone have any idea what the weather forecast is??

Back