Oh Really?

reNew Orleans

Clubbin' with Rasual Butler
Kitna boldly predicts that Lions will be winners in 2007

ESPN.com news services

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->
<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin page tools --> Updated: June 24, 2007, 10:39 AM ET <!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->The Detroit Lions haven't had a winning record since 2000 and haven't won 10 games since 1995. That's all going to change in 2007, according to quarterback Jon Kitna.
<!-- begin player card -->
Jon Kitna

s4157.jpg
Quarterback
Detroit Lions

<table cellspacing="0"> <caption>2006 Season Stats</caption> <tbody><tr class="io-columnHeaders"> <td>Att</td> <td>Comp</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>TD</td> <td>Int</td> <td>Rat</td> </tr> <tr> <td>596</td> <td>372</td> <td>3820</td> <td>21</td> <td>22</td> <td>79.9</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- end player card --> Appearing on WDFN-AM in Detroit on Thursday, Kitna predicted that the Lions will win more than 10 games this season. The Lions were 3-13 in 2006.

In March, Kitna said the Lions would win 10 games in 2007, but after seeing the team's schedule he adjusted his prediction -- higher.

"I'll keep to myself what I think we actually will win. But it's more than 10 games," Kitna said.

Part of the reason for Kitna's optimism is Calvin Johnson, the team's first-round draft pick.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said. "He's everything that they said he was and more."

you people in Michigan, so optimistic.

"I don't like putting a lot of pressure on people, but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans," Kitna said.

What was left out of that quote was the following:

" . . . but Calvin Johnson, to me, will have about the same impact that Reggie Bush had in New Orleans. That is assuming I'm not on my ass ten times a game and that I can uncover a consistent degree of accuracy that I've been missing my entire career. Assuming those things happen, and why wouldn't they, yeah, we're going to do a lot of winning this year with Calvin Johnson. He's everything that they said he'd be and more."

Obviously you can see why they trimmed it in the local press.

he sure knows what to say to get other people in the division fired up. Green Bay aren't going to be easy this year either will chicago.

I think they will be lucky if they only lose 10 games.

jesus,
no qb ever made that kind of BOLD prediction when I had season tickets for 6 of the worst seasons in lions football history.

LOL

Mike Furrey did the same thing the other day too.

Granted...it pisses me off Kitna does that as he was the worst 4th qtr QB in the league last year. The Lions were in most games and if not for Kitnas fourth qtr follies would have been close to .500.

If Jon wants to say he won;t choke in 4th qtr and with an improved offense(which was explosive at times last year)...yes they will be better...to say they will have a Rams breakthrough year like 99 is going a bit overboard

Whatever this guys smoking, I want some...

Home games theyre not going to win: Bears, Broncos, Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs

Road games theyre going to get blasted in: Philly, Chicago, San Diego

That puts them 8-8 best case scenario (and that includes a sweep of the Vikings and Packers and wins at Washington and Arizona)

Its like when I went to Ford Field a few years back to watch the Eagles beat the shit out of them. At the time the Lions were like 3-0 and everyone was saying how this was the year and blah blah blah....by halftime they had bags back on their heads

I cant blame Kitna for saying that, I mean really. What do you want him to say?....my team sucks ass and we are only gonna win 5-6 games. Of course he is going to predict DD wins, optimism is at its peak in the offseason.

Whatever this guys smoking, I want some...

Home games theyre not going to win: Bears, Broncos, Giants, Cowboys, Chiefs

Road games theyre going to get blasted in: Philly, Chicago, San Diego

That puts them 8-8 best case scenario (and that includes a sweep of the Vikings and Packers and wins at Washington and Arizona)

Its like when I went to Ford Field a few years back to watch the Eagles beat the shit out of them. At the time the Lions were like 3-0 and everyone was saying how this was the year and blah blah blah....by halftime they had bags back on their heads

I had Philly huge that game..line was only like 3 or 3.5

Best sign from a fan in that game...

"TO has BO" and he rifled the ball at it after he scored

Back