Oh god, the Patriots 16-0 talk has already started

• Thread starter Thread starter C-Gold
  • Start date Start date
C

C-Gold

Please cut this undefeated talk out.

I have very heavy futures on the Patriots ( and eagles) winning the superbowl. Nothing good can come about when you start proclaiming a team unbeat-able.

Remember what happened to the Bears last year when people did that?

Please cut this undefeated talk out.

I have very heavy futures on the Patriots ( and eagles) winning the superbowl. Nothing good can come about when you start proclaiming a team unbeat-able.

Remember what happened to the Bears last year when people did that?

Yes I remember, they went to the Super Bowl...

You see, I would rather approach it like a no hitter in baseball.

You let the pitcher throw his game, and you IGNORE the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Just let the Patriots play their game, and leave for later.

talk about the team cheating or something, but don't talk about them winning every single game.

The Patriots are merely fulfilling the full nature of their cycle.

They started their dynasty as a rank underdog defeating "the greatest show on turf".

Now they come full circle where they themselves are that greatest show on turf, and they'll get beaten by some rank underdog.

The completion of their time at the top, its fated to be.

The Patriots are merely fulfilling the full nature of their cycle.

They started their dynasty as a rank underdog defeating "the greatest show on turf".

Now they come full circle where they themselves are that greatest show on turf, and they'll get beaten by some rank underdog.

The completion of their time at the top, its fated to be.

actually, I will make thousands and thousands of dollars if the Eagles win the superbowl over them.

Mcnabb would finally get the " choak" label off

Andy Cheese fat head would get the " conservative martyball" name off his back if they won too.

I think Philly/NE would be a great ending...

The NFC and AFC teams of the decade meet for a SB of ages.

then bellicheck retires and they break up the Pats. Maybe they bring in a good coach to maintain it for 1 year, but the team wouldn't be the same.

icon12.gif

If the Birds won the Super Bowl, there's a very real possibility that the very next morning Andy Reid would be found dead in an Elvis-esque fashion on the bathroom floor of his hotel room, half naked with a giant sandwich in one hand and a smile on his face.

At which point we Eagles fans would slowly begin to worship him like a God and eventually claim that he never died at all, posting random "Andy sightings" on random websites across the Internet.

I think if the Eagles win it all, Donovan will be a huge part of that...

He will be carried off the field, and vindicated ala...
Peyton last year
Bill cower 2 years ago

who better would get the Mouse off their back than donovan this year?

Iggles ain't winning any SB. I pegged them before season out of NFC.....caput.

Also picked Balty, but that o-line ain't winning any SB.

BetCrimes is right........the public just wants to kiss the asses of the Patriots so bad right now that they could be doomed.

A fucking 17 point fave this Sunday. They may or may not cover.....I don't know, but I do know that 17 line has been severely jaded.

One injury to Tommy Boy..........it's over.

They look great now, for sure, but the public will fuck stuff up 95% of the time.

c-gold,

you can't honestly believe that the eagles are still on their way to the superbowl? They have 1 1/2 play makers on that team. They have no wide out. Defense is slacking with the exceptions of Dawkins and Takeo who still has a lot to prove. I think you should start thinking about some ways to make up for the money just wasted the eagles

Stupid birds. McNabb played like a regular Rex Grossman on MNF. No way eagles go to SB. CHI, DAL and a couple others can easily clip those wings. NE on the other hand, 16-0 isn't a stretch... although 15-1 wouldn't be too bad either.

What up boys?! Had to jump in here.....nice thread.

The Patriots on paper, and now after two weeks have all the tools to do it (go undefeated); however, they face a stiff schedule down the stretch.

This opinion is definately biased but I for one beleive the Colts have the best shot of knocking them off their high horse in Week 9. If they don't do it, there's a few others that have a decent chance including: PIT, DAL, BAL & PHI. There are some competitive teams this year and no matter how good any one team is, it's next to impossible to play with the same level of intensity and momentum for 16 games straight, as we've all witnessed - no one's been able to do it since '72. "No team is unbeatable", can't remember now who said it in the thread here but very true.

And the EAGLES......let's be serious now, SUPERBOWL??? They might have a tough time making the playoffs....sorry fans. Only time will tell.

Peace.

I think Philly's recievers are just fine. Its McNabb who was the problem, he wasnt hitting open recievers.

I'm calling it now.....week 6....Pats lose and Tommy can go cry to his supermodel girlfriends.

pats, pitt, balt or indy ... if one of those 4 doesnt win i will be suprised

I think Philly's recievers are just fine. Its McNabb who was the problem, he wasnt hitting open recievers.

I'm calling it now.....week 6....Pats lose and Tommy can go cry to his supermodel girlfriends.

I only watched 4th qtr but there was NO seperation for the receivers most of the time.

Well is you only watched the 4th quarter you missed a lot then. I agree there wasnt much separation, I will credit that to the redskins DB's. A reciever doesnt need to be wide open for a completion, all he needs is a well thrown ball. Mcnabb had trouble doing that.

If you watched the 4th quarter then for sure you saw McNabb miss Curtis on a simple out pattern near the endzone when they needed to score. He just didnt look good at all. He was throwing lasers at his recievers and a lot of his passes were way to high.

Not disagreeing. I saw 3-4 bad passes in 4th as well. Thats why I prefaced my statement beforehand.

Ugly game all the way around. One quarter is all I could have stomached.

Philadelphia has never had receivers yet they always had success. Remember James Thrash and Todd "Alligator Arms" Pinkston? It is for sure McNabb and he isn't healthy, it's as simple as that. He isn't stepping into throws, looking like fucking Rex Grossman.

Pats lose to Romo? I think its the other hotshot QB who is going to be sobbing between two perfect breasts. Win or lose, though, I'd trade places with either.
:seeya::smiley_acbk:

Well is you only watched the 4th quarter you missed a lot then. I agree there wasnt much separation, I will credit that to the redskins DB's. A reciever doesnt need to be wide open for a completion, all he needs is a well thrown ball. Mcnabb had trouble doing that.

If you watched the 4th quarter then for sure you saw McNabb miss Curtis on a simple out pattern near the endzone when they needed to score. He just didnt look good at all. He was throwing lasers at his recievers and a lot of his passes were way to high.
well is you only watched ???????????huh is well someones name in here OR is that bad grammar??????????????????just wondering dizzle?:smiley_acbe:<TABLE class=tborder id=post481151 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
09-17-2007, 05:04 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> #35 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>EDizzle<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_481151", true); </SCRIPT>
Tailgater

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_481151 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by moneydog
Dallas Cant,Dont,and Unable to play Defense!!! enough said There soft!:smiley_acbe:
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Wow, there's some great grammar right there. The cowboys D shouldn't have to even worry about Chicago's PATHETIC offense.

Chicago Cant, Dont, and Unable to play Offense!!!:smiley_acbe:<TABLE class=tborder id=post481170 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
09-17-2007, 05:15 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right> #40 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>moneydog<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_481170", true); </SCRIPT>
Mascot

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_481170 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by EDizzle
Wow, there's some great grammar right there. The cowboys D shouldn't have to even worry about Chicago's PATHETIC offense.

Chicago Cant, Dont, and Unable to play Offense!!!:smiley_acbe:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Ill fix it for you .Dallas Cant play defense.Dallas doesnt play defense.Dallas is unable to play defense hows that ?Hopefully you can grade it better.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
If over 75 Percent of the people betting on a team ,Run The Other Way!!!!!Damn Notre Dame ISNT Overrated Again!
<!-- / sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- / message -->this was my post in response ,just in case you didnt go back and read .Id say were even huh ?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:smiley_acbe:LOL you got me

C-Gold....Whats up with Cooley and the short shorts?:really_happy:

I have a picture of him in teeny weenie red daisy dukes.

This undefeated talk happens every year with someone, and never pans out. The closest I remember was that awesome Bears team in '85 (only loss was to Miami) that was clearly head and shoulders above the rest of the league. NE may have that type of talent this year, but an undefeated season is a tall order no matter the talent. I would like to see it though for no other reason than we will no longer have to see that Dolphins team celebrating every year when ever team gets their first loss.

Back