Official Lookahead/Letdown/Sandwich Spot Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
It‘s impossible for one person to locate all these great situational betting spots with so many teams to track. If you think you‘ve found such a spot, please share!

Notre Dame played really hard last night, and hats off to them for fighting until the very end. They left it all on the field.

Let's just say I'm very interested in UVA Saturday.

Washington laying 9.5 to USC seems ridiculous after what we saw Friday from USC.....but maybe a tough spot for them to go on road and get have max focus.

I think AU may fit this one, though there are a few caveats. The sandwich/letdown portion is playing Miss St between big road trips to aTm and Florida. Howevah, Miss St won last year and has played spoiler to AU more than once, so they may not be looking past them all that much. Plus, this is AU's last home game until November 2nd, so again, not an ideal circumstance

I think AU may fit this one, though there are a few caveats. The sandwich/letdown portion is playing Miss St between big road trips to aTm and Florida. Howevah, Miss St won last year and has played spoiler to AU more than once, so they may not be looking past them all that much. Plus, this is AU's last home game until November 2nd, so again, not an ideal circumstance
To stick with the State theme, this shouldn’t be the case given what happened the last time LSU went to Starkville, but that road trip sits between home games with Florida and Auburn in October.

Not sandwich or look ahead, but below are teams I could find with three consecutive road games. The game listed is the third of three. Also some potential Hawaii spots, but haven’t checked the teams traveling to the island yet.

10/26 Auburn @ LSU (Auburn does have bye between games 1 and 2)

11/9 Missouri @ Georgia (Missouri does have bye prior week)

10/19 Kent State @ Ohio

10/12 Ball State @ Eastern Michigan (bye week between games 1 and 2)

11/9 Liberty @ BYU
11/23 Liberty @ Virginia (4th straight but no travel concerns and does have bye after BYU)

Already completed: Eastern Michigan @ Illinois and Southern Miss @ Alabama

Hawaii has mainland - island - mainland 10/12-10/26 (@ Boise, vs Air Force, @ New Mexico), and the third leg of the same scenario this weekend @ Nevada

Hawaii has island - mainland - island 11/9-11/23 (vs San Jose, @ UNLV, vs SDSU)

If Strong wasn't such a hot mess at USF, especially after a bye week.... SMU hadn't come close to beating TCU the last 7 years, having lost by 28 per game. So this was a mini Super Bowl for the Ponies this past weekend and they're primed for a letdown on the road this Saturday. Not much veteran leadership with a ton of youth on that team.

But, then again, SMU is playing garbage this weekend so don't be surprised if they win and cover.

Washington State in a horrible spot, blew 800 point lead now has to travel to high altitude utah and face them. no bueno. utah will smash em

If Strong wasn't such a hot mess at USF, especially after a bye week.... SMU hadn't come close to beating TCU the last 7 years, having lost by 28 per game. So this was a mini Super Bowl for the Ponies this past weekend and they're primed for a letdown on the road this Saturday. Not much veteran leadership with a ton of youth on that team.

But, then again, SMU is playing garbage this weekend so don't be surprised if they win and cover.

Me and my team bet 5 figures on SMU -7 this morning. couldn't possibly disagree more, the team they playing are dead.

Indiana already mentioned elsewhere.

My favorite cfb spot is to fade a G5 powerhouse aiming for a NY6/pipe dream CFP berth off its first loss of the year - only happens once or twice a year with the last notable one when Houston almost lost its second in a row to Tulsa as a 21 point fav. UCF is a fantastic fade this week. Hammers Stanford, second P5 game in a row they lose on the last play to Pitt, now they have to come home and give a shit against UConn, with a Friday road game at Cincinnati on deck?

I know it’s a STINKY play, but give me those 43.5 points with UConn and let me see UCF care at all about this one. Lot more has to go right for the favorite to cover this than the dog.

Indiana already mentioned elsewhere.

My favorite cfb spot is to fade a G5 powerhouse aiming for a NY6/pipe dream CFP berth off its first loss of the year - only happens once or twice a year with the last notable one when Houston almost lost its second in a row to Tulsa as a 21 point fav. UCF is a fantastic fade this week. Hammers Stanford, second P5 game in a row they lose on the last play to Pitt, now they have to come home and give a shit against UConn, with a Friday road game at Cincinnati on deck?

I know it’s a STINKY play, but give me those 43.5 points with UConn and let me see UCF care at all about this one. Lot more has to go right for the favorite to cover this than the dog.
Definitely a "hold ya nose" play... I get it...

Back