Off to Vegas..

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

Well not me but the tour. :down2: Wow the last few weeks have been tricky. What else can be said.. except the oddsmakers are getting better as the year goes along. I have lost 2 weeks in a row on the Mullet :hang:He played great in both events, just so happened the other guy played better. I did have Leonard in a matchup, who wound up winning the tourney :tiphat:.
Anyway before i delve into this weeks card. There is 2 things that are for certain if pat perez or john daly suit it up this week they are insta fades. Also gotta give it to Jesper after the crazy final round yesterday.. it was truly seveeqsue.
Q. When you go to sleep tonight will you be thinking about your miraculous shots, how you fought and hung in there today, or will you be lamenting the misses, what could have been?
JESPER PARNEVIK: I don't know what my thinking capacity is going to be tonight, to be honest.

Q. How many beers will you have?
JESPER PARNEVIK: Could be -- might not even remember this happened tomorrow morning.

5 - 5 the last 2 weeks, and in golf terms you will get crushed hitting at 50% so i need to get better.

First play is Ernie Els -230 over Monty Risking 5 units :prayer
Quotes from Ernies blog
Everyone knows this is one of my favourite weeks of the year, the HSBC World Matchplay at Wentworth – a home game, so to speak. Last year I was bundled out in the first round by one of my playing partners in last month’s Presidents Cup, Angel Cabrera. Trust me, when we get to this coming weekend I really don’t want be sitting at home with my feet up again. As I was saying earlier in this report, I’m driving the ball great and my game is in good shape. Obviously, I always feel very comfortable on this golf course and if I can just get the putter working then I’ve got a great chance to win my 7th matchplay title.

As many of you will know I’ve had two hat-tricks in this event – winning it three times in a row from 1994 and then again from 2002 to 2004. I don’t need to tell you how much I’d love to win it again, especially after a summer where I’ve played a lot of good golf but not managed to convert it into wins.

There’s a little extra interest this week, as well, with the European Order of Merit title pretty much wide open and still up for grabs. The last couple of weeks I’ve had a little peek at the Money List and I’m still in there with an outside chance. Winning the £1 million winner’s cheque this week won’t do my chances any harm, obviously!

First things first, though. In Thursday’s opening match I’m up against my old sparring partner, Monty. We’ve had some great battles over the years and I’m sure we’ll have another good game this week.

Second play is another one with a lot of juice
Paul Casey -190 over Jerry Kelly

Paul won this event last year and is perfect for matchplay. He also finished T12 and T11 the last 2 times they played the BMW Championship here.
The brief encounter was with Nick Faldo, who watched Casey play poorly during the first day of the Seve Trophy in Ireland last week and then pointed out that he was taking the club back too much on the inside. 'I was getting stuck and knocking left and right. I was standing hunched over the ball probably as a result of wearing waterproofs so much this summer.'
The reignited relationship is with an old mentor, American psychologist Don Greene. Casey and he used to work together, but Greene swerved away from sportsmen to concentrate instead on musicians. Casey, however, has persuaded the maestro to stroke his golfer's nervous system as well.
'I've been working harder than ever and now it's great also to be back with Don Greene again. Everything's in places and is being addressed. Don's worked with everyone from Olympic athletes to law enforcement guys to musicians. He helps teach how to perform under pressure on a big stage. And he loves golf.'
He obviously found something finishing top 10 last week. Jerry Kelly was brutal last time i saw on him on tv... give me Casey!

PGA has been a bit rough for me lately too bro. I might just have to sit back and hit my spots or just play real small. NFL is taking precedence right now and seems to be hurting my golf cappin'.

You still killin' it in college foots?....i hung that shit up... way too many fkkkn upsets and wrong fav blowouts. Can't wait for the bball season...well GL on ur plays b

I cant talk about football man.. but I had one great week then one bad week.. last week i had one play that lost. Golf has been really difficult the past few weeks. I cant ever remeber lines bein this tight. WE'll see what happens:cheers:

Thanks bud .. I think these plays are as safe as it gets... I went and looked at my match play event from earlier this year and it was 11 - 1. So hopefully i can rekindle the magic. I like Justin Rose a whole lot here as well..
Your boys open up tonight.:tiphat:

piggybank.jpg
(2 - 0 +4.2 units) Much more like it..

All of my money is pending. But this line is too sexy

Park -.5 -150 over Wie Round 1

Anyway before i delve into this weeks card. There is 2 things that are for certain if pat perez or john daly suit it up this week they are insta fades. Also gotta give it to Jesper after the crazy final round yesterday.. it was truly seveeqsue.
:36_11_6:Nice start big john

Its only thru 5 holes but why didnt i unload the max on this play. Sure anything can happen.. and eventually someone will get caught with their pants down with wie ( she is legal now ).. but I have no idea why i was so cautious. I mean odds are this girl lived a really pampered and secluded life, and now her school pulls the biggest upset in cfb history.. Im sure there has been non stop kegs ..Lets face it the lpga completely broke their own rules and allowed her into this tourney.

:bow:
gallery_ref_semcon.gif

Always nice to cash 3 golf tickets by Thursday afternoon. That's more like it by the way :tiphat:

Cabrera +100 over Casey Risking 2.5 units

Love both of these guys so its tough to make this play..
Yet Casey felt he was fortunate to emerge victorious. “I was very lucky as I certainly feel Jerry could have taken the match further, and the other way. He’s a resilient opponent and I was hitting it sideways. Hitting those sorts of shots and finding three ditches off the ninth through the 15th hole is not good golf. But I got fortunate and he missed a couple of putts and I’m through.”

Casey, who plans a frank chat with his coach Peter Kostis to remedy a few detrimental things in his swing, will meet Argentina’s current US Open Champion, Angel Cabrera, who despatched Retief Goosen 6&5 to progress.

Casey’s reaction to the impending match was: “I’m going to have to play better golf than I did today. I believe he was seven under for the last 11 holes this morning and that’s very impressive.

“He’s a former winner of the BMW PGA Championship, so he knows his way around. He’ll be about 20 yards past me, but hopefully I can battle him and pick up a bit of his rhythm. The good thing is we’re out early and he plays quickly, so we should be done quickly.”

“I played a great game today. I think I was about ten under and everything felt very good. I always love being here at Wentworth. I was close here in 2005 when I lost to Paul McGinley in the semi-finals. That was very disappointing but I feel good about this week.

Casey had 4 bogeys 2 doubles 7 birdies
Cabrera had 11 birdies and 1 bogey in less holes.. he played a 20 hole stretch in 11 under. Ill take that again

Hauert (-110) over Wie 2.5

THis will be close.. hopefully she can pull it off

Pretty solid week..
Thought i'd run the table. If you told me that only 3 people shot over par in rd 2 and wie was one who shot 79.. i would tell you no way I lose that matchup.
Oh well (4 - 1)

Back