ODU@UNC

Dollaz

Pretty much a regular
Will have some thoughts tomorrow nut can anyone tell me if they see a line for this game? Not seeing one yet.

Tru ur what did you make it?

Unc up some since we last talked about this game, odu slightly down since then also. Made it unc -24

23 and 77.

I made it closer to 20. I just don't know how good UNC is...they've won 4 in a row, but it's vs. BC, NC State, Pitt, and UVA.

My concerns for ODU is just that they don't match up athletically. They aren't as big or as fast at any position.m But with Pitt, PItt could just run down our throats and we had no answer for the running game. They seem to have a couple really good D-lineman and ODU is without 2 OL starters.

What good passing offenses has UNC faced this year?

South Carolina- 12-21 178 yards 2 TD 0 INT
ECU- 32-47 376 yards 3 TD 1 INT

I don't know that I could say they faced another good passing attack this year. I don't think Pitt or VT are very effective passing teams thought both did have some success vs. UNC through the air.

The questions for me for this game:

-UNC seems to have improved but how much of that is just lackluster competition? Just last week 2 punt returns got them the win vs. Pitt.

-How motivated is this UNC team before a game vs. Duke that has ACC championship implications? Will they be motivated bc a win gets them bowl eligible?

-ODU is historically bad against mobile QBs, how much can they slow the QB down?

-UNC has been lackluster vs. the pass. Will there pass rush be enough to disrupt ODU? Will they play a cover 4 shell and try to make ODU drive the field or will they attack?

I will have a small moneyline play on ODU as it's a game I've circled all year. ODU will be giving their best effort. But, UNC seems to be on a roll and want to get into a bowl game. I certainly don't like ODU as much as I did 2 weeks ago, but at +2000, it's worth a play. I can't get the ECU game out of my head.

Unc up some since we last talked about this game, odu slightly down since then also. Made it unc -24

By my recolection, ODU spreads vs. the FBS schools:

@ECU -15
@Maryland -18
@Pitt -15
@Idaho +14

@UNC at 23 seems a bit high.

By my recolection, ODU spreads vs. the FBS schools:

@ECU -15
@Maryland -18
@Pitt -15
@Idaho +14

@UNC at 23 seems a bit high.

Remember unc was a pick at Pitt lastweek. Add in home field at Pitt an home field at unc 23/24 isn't far off.

Oh yeah, certainly. But, ODU has also covered 3 out of those 4 games. This game, they may have to actually force a turnover......

They hung with ECU, fumble being the difference in that one. They were just outclassed by a hot Maryland team. They hung with Pitt. They dominated Idaho.

I can certainly see how the numbers come out to a 20 or more point spread, Im just not sure UNC is 3 touchdowns better.

Ouch ouch ouch. Witnessing that in person wasn't the most fun I've had.

Initially ly upset they shortened the game, but coach explained that there were out several starters with injuries and had to move true freshman DE that hasn't played all year to middle linebacker. Really pointless by that point.

Shocked by their QB. I mean he did have a lot of wide open guys, but he was on every throw.
C-USA better watch out next year. Only losses are 2 O-lineman.

You our have to be excited about that team. All there talent is young. Holy shit, Switzer. Lots of speed and young talent.

Very excited, but I've gotten excited before only to be let down. Switzer is great. He has either four or five ST's TDs this year and has also had three that were called back. Next year is too far away.

Back