Odds to Win Division on Bodog

RambleOn

The Law of Winning
These are the lines from Bodog's NCAA Football Futures:

Odds to win the 2007 Big 12 North Division

Wager is on team to win Division listed and advance to Conference Championship Game. No Parlays. Max $600
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Colorado

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Colorado to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333513 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Iowa State

</TD><TD>10/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Iowa State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333514 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kansas

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Kansas to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333515 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kansas State

</TD><TD>3/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Kansas State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333516 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Missouri

</TD><TD>2/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Missouri to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333517 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Nebraska

</TD><TD>1/1 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Odds to win the 2007 Big 12 South Division

Wager is on team to win Division listed and advance to Conference Championship Game. No Parlays. Max $600
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Baylor

</TD><TD>12/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Baylor to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333519 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oklahoma

</TD><TD>3/2 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Oklahoma State

</TD><TD>15/2 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Oklahoma State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333521 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Texas

</TD><TD>11/10 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Texas to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333522 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Texas A&M

</TD><TD>5/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Texas A&M to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333523 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Texas Tech

</TD><TD>5/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Texas Tech to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333524 name=lineID></INPUT>

Odds to win the 2007 ACC Atlantic Division

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Boston College

</TD><TD>5/1 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Clemson

</TD><TD>2/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Clemson to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333528 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Florida State

</TD><TD>10/11 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Florida State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2414806 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Maryland

</TD><TD>8/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Maryland to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333530 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>North Carolina State

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on North Carolina State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333531 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wake Forest

</TD><TD>7/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Wake Forest to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333532 name=lineID></INPUT>

Odds to win the 2007 ACC Coastal Division

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Duke

</TD><TD>50/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Duke to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2414805 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Georgia Tech

</TD><TD>9/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Georgia Tech to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2414804 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Miami Florida

</TD><TD>1/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Miami Florida to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333535 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>North Carolina

</TD><TD>5/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on North Carolina to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333536 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Virginia

</TD><TD>6/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Virginia to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333537 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Virginia Tech

</TD><TD>11/10 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

Odds to win the 2007 SEC East Division

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Florida

</TD><TD>1/1 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Georgia

</TD><TD>5/2 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Georgia to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333541 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Kentucky

</TD><TD>6/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Kentucky to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333542 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>South Carolina

</TD><TD>5/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on South Carolina to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333543 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Tennessee

</TD><TD>3/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Tennessee to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333544 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Vanderbilt

</TD><TD>20/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Vanderbilt to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333545 name=lineID></INPUT>

Odds to win the 2007 SEC West Division

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Alabama

</TD><TD>4/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Alabama to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333546 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Arkansas

</TD><TD>3/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Arkansas to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333547 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Auburn

</TD><TD>3/2 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Auburn to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333548 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>LSU

</TD><TD>6/5 :smiley_acbe:</INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mississippi

</TD><TD>10/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Mississippi to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333550 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Mississippi State

</TD><TD>20/1 <INPUT title="Click to bet on Mississippi State to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=2333551 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>-------------------------------------------------------------

Give me:

Nebraska 1:1
Oklahoma 1.5:1
Boston College 5:1 (seems like damn good value)
Virginia Tech 1.1:1
Florida 1:1
LSU 6:5

Thoughts?

I am almost definitely going to be hitting Boston College here. Blue Ribbon has them picked to win the conference, and at 5-1, that is pretty solid value. I think they have a MUCH better shot than 1-5 to win it. Looks like Florida State is the favorite of that division. They finished second to last in 06, and I know they are going to be improved, but that IS a lot to ask. And if Fla St. DOESN'T win it, then BC at 5-1 is tremendous IMO.

:shake:

oh i know guys, i am putting money on it, believe me, along with the over 7 wins but I know alot of people won't take it serious. The UGA game is make or break guys, thats the bottom line. If they beat UGA, they will be 7-1 heading to Tenn with a lot of momentum.

Newcomer here, but wanted to point out that there seems to be a lot of value in the Texas A&M odds at 5/1. They return a senior-laden OL, good WRs, TEs and RBs. They were a couple of breaks that could have gone the other way last year and they were easily in the Big XII title game. They have a brutal schedule this year, but have less question marks then either Texas or OU.

Newcomer here, but wanted to point out that there seems to be a lot of value in the Texas A&M odds at 5/1. They return a senior-laden OL, good WRs, TEs and RBs. They were a couple of breaks that could have gone the other way last year and they were easily in the Big XII title game. They have a brutal schedule this year, but have less question marks then either Texas or OU.

Welcome to the site man..

Nice thoughts..haven't gotten thru big12 capping yet but good to see this

:cheers:

Welcome to the site man..

Nice thoughts..haven't gotten thru big12 capping yet but good to see this

B.A.R.

Thanks. Been a long time lurker. It pains me to write that because I am an Orangeblood through and through, but I think that at 5/1 its at the minimum its a good bet. I went to every home game for Texas last year and watched every A&M and OU game I could.

While A&M could tank this year because of the brutal road schedule, I think that everyone in the South has question marks. OU will be able to run but the quarterback question mark is enough to make them susceptible to me. I think that Texas can beat them in October, but we will stumble at either Ok. St., Nebraska, or A&M. I think that A&M will pull out enough close wins to at least be in serious contention for the division with the deciding game for the Big XII South representative being the winner of the game against Texas in CS on T+1.

Actually I disagree with much of this thread.

IMO, BC at 5:1 is throwing your money away. They have a new coach and I think it will result in a down year there. There are too many teams (Clemson, FSU) capable of taking that division to expect BC to just flop into it.

In the Big 12, i'd probably be willing to bet you even money that Mizzou would beat Nebraska out for the championship, so I'd love to get them at 2:1.

I don't see any value in Florida at 1:1-that divison has way too many teams with the ability to win out. Florida is going to have to run the table to take the division, IMO.

actually the only bets that look terrible in the Boston college division would be clemson or FSU. all the other bets have some degree of value I think.

picking clemson to win that division is throwing your money away...will not happen...bowden's seat gets even hotter

They have a brutal schedule this year, but have less question marks then either Texas or OU.

If by less questions marks you mean a shitty defense with zero depth and a one-dimensional offense, then I agree with you. That said, 5 to 1 is a decent value.

Back