October NHL

smh212

Awesomeitus Degenerate
YTD: 1-1 +0.35 units

Sat out the last week of NHL as I needed a week to watch more games, and get a feel for the teams who are undergoing a coaching and personnel changes.

REDWINGS +105 (1.25)
My line: Redwings -115

Arizona is a team trying to get it together. Seems like they aren't sure what style to play. Poor effort last out was surprising, and I think we see more effort tonight. Detroit has the making of a consistent club, with the potential to becoming a very good club that knows how to win. Would play either team at +105.

CANUCKS +105 (1.25)
My line: Canucks -115

Winnipeg is the ultimate pace team in the NHL. I like playing them when they face good teams, and fading them when they play lower class. Even when you don't play your best you always have a shot to beat Winnipeg, and Vancouver should get a shot.

GL

10/14
YTD: 2-2 +0.41

COLORADO +180 (1.25)
My Line: Dallas -165

Aggressive number on Dallas here. The Stars have started to look better, and Hitch will get them in right direction. Their defense is starting to come together, but changing the culture in Dallas my take a bit longer, given the focus on offensive talent. Bishop is an upgrade in net, and it will be interesting to see how they come together.

Colorado made a statement last year, when they didn't sell of their young talent, and it's paying off now. Coach Bednar has done an excellent job of putting his plethora of offensive talent in good spots, while holding them accountable in the defensive end. After a year of injuries, Varlamov is reminding us of this talent ceiling. Colorado is on a B2B, Dallas on rest - at this stage in the season, I give the edge to the team playing B2B. Fatigue is not an issue, and when your rolling it can play in your favor.

All that is nice, but getting close to 2-1 here is the reason for the play.

PANTHERS +155 (1.25)
My Line: Pitt -135

Things are looking up for the Panthers. The young talent they have been fostering has actually had a chance to play significant minutes together. No major injuries in the first time in forever, coupled with a coach, whose system the players actually believe in, makes this a dangerous group. It appears that the circus may have finally left town.

On the flip side, the Pens are exercising their luxury of tinkering with their lines, and moving guys around. Coach Sullivan uses October to tinker and experiment. He's doing that again tonight, as he's shuffling lines again looking for some consistent play for 60 mins. Penguins are a good team, but right now, they are an overpriced team.

Good Luck.

Back