***October 10th - October 14th WEATHER Thread***

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We are into the depths of October.

We have football all week long!

Let's help each other with any pertinent info weather wise as we go through the week.

We're looking at a pretty significant storm on Saturday up the Ohio Valley into the Great Lakes Region.

As of now, looking like rain early and often Saturday in A2 with 10-20 mph winds.

Tonight and tomorrow are clear except possible rain/thunderstorms in Miami for FIU tomorrow night (what's new?)

No significant weather for Thursday or Friday games other than a bit chilly for warmer weather teams towards the end of the games at Utah St and Colorado. Can't put much into that.

ball state game
michigan game
northern illinois game
cmu game
emu/kent game
pitt game

all expected to have some element of rain, but more importantly sustained 15+mph wind with gusts...VERY hard to throw the ball in that.

just like with BC/FSU (weather really never ended up maturing into anything major) the totals often drop but the spreads rarely change. I was talking with another respected forum member during that red bandanna game for BC and the total was 56.5 and the spread 29, and the total dropped to 46.5 and the spread didnt drop at all

the total could hve dropped to 31.5 and FSU still would have been -26.5. just not accurate. so in addition to unders, DOGS can be worth a look in this case.

ball state game
michigan game
northern illinois game
cmu game
emu/kent game
pitt game

all expected to have some element of rain, but more importantly sustained 15+mph wind with gusts...VERY hard to throw the ball in that.

just like with BC/FSU (weather really never ended up maturing into anything major) the totals often drop but the spreads rarely change. I was talking with another respected forum member during that red bandanna game for BC and the total was 56.5 and the spread 29, and the total dropped to 46.5 and the spread didnt drop at all

the total could hve dropped to 31.5 and FSU still would have been -26.5. just not accurate. so in addition to unders, DOGS can be worth a look in this case.

:shake:

Madison WI not looking too pretty either. Winds for sure, rain all morning and carrying into afternoon. 4pm game.
Waiting for hour by hour forecasts closer to 24 hours out.

Bump

Can we please get this pinned so that all things weather the next 24 hours can be posted in this thread? Thx fellas

I posted this last night in my thread…

Weather info —

Most of the local forecasts around here are predicting that the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) should clear up by the time the game kicks off at 7:30pm.

Most of the rain and wind impact from the cold front hitting us this weekend here in the Carolinas should taper off by Saturday evening as it is raining here in Charlotte now and should be pretty messy both here and in chapel hill most of the day tomorrow until late afternoon give or take. All the heavy stuff should be gone by kickoff however as the front is being communicated to have about an 18 hour shelf life (10pm to 4pm or so).

Will keep you guys posted if any additional updates come across here locally but hope that helps a bit.

Big10 weather today

--Ohio St at Purdue; cloudy with 9 mph winds at 12pm, increasing to 16mph by 3pm.
--MSU at Rutgers; 97-100% rain all game, winds 4-6mph.
--Indiana at Michigan; rain all game, winds 14-15mph.
--UMass at Penn St; rain throughout game, winds 6-7mph
--ILL at Maryland; showers and light rain beginning at 4pm throughout game, winds 2-5mph.
--Iowa at Wisconsin; cloudy with 15mph winds at 4pm, diminishing to 10mph by 7pm

Big10 weather today

--Ohio St at Purdue; cloudy with 9 mph winds at 12pm, increasing to 16mph by 3pm.
--ILL at Maryland; showers and light rain beginning at 4pm throughout game, winds 2-5mph.
--Iowa at Wisconsin; cloudy with 15mph winds at 4pm, diminishing to 10mph by 7pm
Ty

Big10 weather today

Appreciate it, making live betting very relevant today.

Hunker down!

I posted this last night in my thread…

Weather info —

Most of the local forecasts around here are predicting that the triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) should clear up by the time the game kicks off at 7:30pm.

Most of the rain and wind impact from the cold front hitting us this weekend here in the Carolinas should taper off by Saturday evening as it is raining here in Charlotte now and should be pretty messy both here and in chapel hill most of the day tomorrow until late afternoon give or take. All the heavy stuff should be gone by kickoff however as the front is being communicated to have about an 18 hour shelf life (10pm to 4pm or so).

Will keep you guys posted if any additional updates come across here locally but hope that helps a bit.

It came thru here in stl last night, we didn’t get tons of heavy rain, some periods of intermediate, now that it thru it is little chilly and still pretty breezy. I assume it prob be way different in that area when these fronts come thru tho, it supposed to be chilly and gloomy here this time of year!! I see 60s for game time temps so seems like good football weather to me! Let the fireworks show commence!! Van dyke actually threw the ball pretty well in rain last week outside a few passes that clearly slipped out his hand.

Back