Obviously , I am a loser at this

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
ok i frequently bet the pacers and trotters at the meadowlands. Pretty much try to do it every saturday. Do not bet huge money or anything but do it for entertainment. I enjoy it . A friend of mine likes to compare horse handicapping to putting a puzzle together and i think he is right. The tracks take way too much out of the pool to really have much of a chance to beat them ... and i lose every year at it. with that said , there is a horse that i like a lot saturday. going to try and call my shot and i do not expect him to go off the favorite.

meadowlands race 9 , horse #5 kentucky rebel

i expect the two favorites to have a speed duel and for it to set up for this closer. damn i am a degenerate

ok assuming a 2.00 bet to win , i am down 2.00 in my harness tips ... have another horse i like today.

meadowlands 5th race ,..... horse #6 Mr Romantic . Horse draws the post perfect for his style in this race. He has been really solid but continues to get tough trips. He rates to get a decent trip this race based on how i see the horses lining up in the middle of the mile. He has the ability and the price should not be punitive. $2.00 win.

i suck at this.

I am getting better at this ... the horse did not finish last ......one of the other horses took some bad steps and the driver had to take him back so i finished next to last. :)

-$4.00 in harness tips. :(

alright -4.00 in my saturday harness tips.

have two for you today.

meadowlands race 1 ...... hosre #1 kentcuky rebel

thats right !! going back to the well on the horse that finished last in my first post. draws the 1 post here and as i mentioned he is a late kicker....... so he rates to get a good trip second or thrid over and if pace is fast enough i think he can swing by all the others for a winner.

meadowlands race 2 -- horse #3 silver flash.

this horse has been real good to me over the years and he had a great race last week which makes me think that he might be back into form. if he is ... he beats these.

Like i said ..... i suck at this but i still like both these horses saturday

lost both races. ... kentucky rebel could not get free in time , though he did have lots of pace. silver flash was in a good position but broke.

-4.00 bucks on those two 0 winners in 4 total selections for -8.00

its not like i didnt mention that i suck at this.

its time for another saturday installment of "vegaskyle cant pick a harness winner"

so far ---- 0 winners in 4 selections -8.00

april 19 meadowlands

race #3 -horse #6 medel rellim (better post than normal should beenough
race #4........................horse #6 kentucky rebel ( had to do it )
race #8 ....................horse #4 kings road ( just needs an average trip)

Those are my three picks this week ....... heheh i suck at this.

ha one of my buddies works at a little track around here and is actually pretty dam good at cappin ponies... we normally bet on yonkers or balmoral

hey boss .. yes i like balmoral once in awhile .. they have a mile track with a pasing lane ... i dont really enjoy the smaller tracks like yonkers because there isnt much of a stretch to get excited over.

I actually came out ahead at the meadowlands tonight , a rare occurence indeed. But none of my picks above won tonight. Kentucky rebel came in second ( to a 22-1 shot who was probably a nice value at that price ). Model Rellim also finished second. I did not see the kings road race as i was at a ufc party but my buddy told me he did nothing.

so -6.00 on win bets ... making me 0-7 minus 14 bucks so far. i told you i suck at this.

hehe i did have money on model rellim across the board and made some money of that horse. sweet.

ok 0-7 and down 14 dollars on my horse selections so far. Since it is kentucky derby day and i will be in the book betting harness i will likely bet that race as well. Here are some more marvelous losers from me.

kentucky derby bet ---#4 court vision win place and show.

meadowlands

race # 4 ........... horse #7 Model Rellim --- Hard to figure out if something is wrong with him or if they dropped him to win but if he is right he should beat 50k claimers in my mind.

race #10 .....horse #5 spin rate ........... three horse race as i see it and i like him clearly better than noble falcon. If the big favorite doesnt come in we should get a nice price on this very excellent horse.

there ya have it......... degenerate special !!!

HEY VK, I was actually at the Meadowlands last night for sum live racing. I like to just go for a relaxing night, drink sum beer, bet some horses, usually do this when I don't want to go out and get all crazy. I am willing to bet, I am one of the worst pickers of horses in the world. With that said, I got Colonel John in the Derby 2day

gl etg !!!!

good horse. Colonel John is tough. Big Brown will be horse of the year but how can you back a horse from the tweny post ?

Strange thing is that i have never seen a harness race live. i just hit a local book with my friend ( who is actually pretty good harness capper ) because i find it relaxing and enjoyable ......if not costly. Hope we can get two seats somehow today with the derby going on.

Boy! This thread is great to learn what horse to stay away from

:36_11_6:

GL kyle and etg...

I do not know the first thing about betting the ponies, but I did read an article about one of the horses having an advantage if the course is sloppy. But, I assume the odds on him dropped because every other bettor read this info as well.

ok ....

kentucky derby .... my horse never made a move and finished far back. counting each bet ( win place and show ) as a separate bet ... so 0-3 there.

Harness action......

Model rellim broke. Not sure if there was something wrong with him or not but i was suspicious given the frop back down to 50k claimers. He was the only horse claimed out of that race ... so will be interesting to see where the new connections place him next week. loser of course.

Spin rate lost ... and to make matters worse the horse i mentioned that i said he would beat .... won the race and suprised me again. i suck.

so combined 0-5 on posted horse selections here today.... making me a combined 0-12 and down 24 bucks for the thread.

i didnt think it was this "obvious". lol.

It appears that it is that time of week again ........ 0-12 minus 24 bucks going into today. here is what i like at the meadowlands saturday.

meadowlands

race number 1 ..........................horse number 5 amber fella.
He draws a perfect spot here in my opinion. I look for the eight horse to set a really fast pace in this race which means it should set up nicely for an inside closer. That leaves two major threats ... the 4 horse and my horse amber fella. The four horse has a solid chance to win in his own right but if the 5 puts his nose to the butt of the 4 right from the get go , he should have live cover all the way around the track, could be especially good if the 4 is forced to go first over, giving us the perfect second over trip. Race rates to play out in our favor here.

race number 3 .......................horse number 6 allstar bluejean

race number 6 Berry creek final ........................horse number 3 art official

Really like the way this barn preps this horse for the bigger races. Had a lot in the tank last week and is the one to beat here in my opinion. Wont be the favorite which is nice in one of these big races. Also , i hate speed horses in the big money races because the drivers/horses are always making moves in these races ...... the fractions are too fast ..... faster than normal and that tends to set up well for the closers. take my shot with this guy.

Here is an article on the berrys creek final for anyone interested in it.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - Mucho Sleazy was made the morning-line favorite for the $215,000 Berry's Creek final this weekend at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
The race for 3-year-olds on Saturday night is the track's first major pace on the road to the $1 million Meadowlands Pace this summer.
Mucho Sleazy and Bullville Powerful earned the right to choose their post positions in the final after winning their eliminations last weekend.
Driver Andy Miller selected post No. 2 for Mucho Sleazy. The colt won his elimination in 1:50.3. The son of Sportsmaster has won 7 of 19 career starts for owner-breeder Marty Engel of Buffalo Grove, Ill.
Mucho Sleazy is one of four Berry's Creek finalists eligible to the $1 million Meadowlands Pace. Art Official, Blueridge Western and Four Starz Moxie are the other three colts in pursuit of the track's signature event on July 19.
Bullville Powerful, the 7-2 second choice, was timed in 1:50.4 score in his elimination. Driver Yannick Gingras elected to leave from post No. 4 in the final. Stephen Crevani bred, owns and trains the son of Bettor's Delight.
Art Official is the 9-2 third choice from post No. 3 with 22-year-old driving sensation Tyler Buter in the bike. The colt made a first-up bid and closed in 26 flat to finish second behind Bullville Powerful in his elimination.
Art Official, trained by Joe Seekman, enters the Berry's Creek with two career wins, but has consistently picked up checks in his stakes appearances for a bankroll of $115,000.
Here is the field for the Berry's Creek from the rail out with horse, driver and odds:
McCedes, Cat Manzi, 12-1; Mucho Sleazy, Andy Miller, 5-2; Art Official, Buter, 9-2; Bullville Powerful, Gingras, 7-2; Pro Art, John Campbell, 10-1; Beach Boy Toy, Eric Goodell, 15-1; McArdle Park, David Miller, 15-1; Four Starz Moxie, Tim Tetrick, 10-1; Blueridge Western, Brian Sears, 5-1; Mercantileexchange, Daniel Dube, 15-1.
Post time is scheduled for about 8:49 p.m. EDT.

What a terrible day at the races.

amber fella --- had tons of pace but was stuck behind a wall of horses and could not get through in time. Had incredible value with this bet too as he got little respect at the betting window. He finished fourth but was gaining rapidly. We had a shot.

allstar bluejean -- the good news for the thread is that i finally picked a winner ..... the bad news is that at post the other heavy favorite was a late scratch and this damn horse went off at 1/9. yeah 1/9. he did have a dominating victory though. The win bet paid just 2.40 !!!!

art official -- nope .....

so 1-2 on the day minus $3.60

This "i am obviously bad thread" is now at 1 winner in 15 races for a loss of $27.60.

I had a bad day in the other races as well. crud.

I told you i suck at this.

Well last week broke the posting horse picks cherry for me. heading into todays meadowlands action i have won 1 bet in 15 bets and have a posted loss of $27.60

Gonna be hard to get even today as i think both the horses i like may have some low odds by post time.

meadowlands race 3 .....horse #6 Bono Bests
--- just the best horse in my estimation. hope we get something close to reasonable odds on him.

meadowlands race 7 .... horse #4 carrs character.
---- i see this as a two horse race and the carrs character is 6 post positions inside of the other horse. take a shot with that.

Back