O-State Week 13

• Thread starter Thread starter O-State
  • Start date Start date
O

O-State

LW 5-5-1 on Plays, 3-0 on Strong Opinions, 2-1 on TMO's, 0-2 on Totals. Totals ruined a profitable day on plays, but hit a parlay and had my best day of the season so I'm actually in decent plus money but would like to finish strong. As well as stop having plays that I regret.

On to the week of the dog.

PLAYS

GEORGIA TECH
Waiting to see some stuff on Nesbitt tommorow before I lock it, hopefully Bob don't jump on. I saw Florida State kill this Miami team for 281 yards on the ground with misdirection. Ponder ran it a lot that game, faking it to Smith, handing it to Smith, Miami had no answer. FSU had reverses, flow that active Cane D one way, go the other way. Wake Forest also is a misdirection offense, and they ran for 195 yards on Miami. Here’s what Shannon said in preparation, “If guys are doing their job and playing assignment football, you'll be successful.... You have to have everybody chasing the football. If you don't, you're going to have a tough time." I agree with the assignment part, but not the chasing part. Miami FL is the classic over pursuing aggressive defense. He also said they have to play high because that’s how you turn GT over by tackling high. I think situationally GT with the bye, get this game at home in primetime.

OLE MISS
Just think this is a good matchup as far as Ole Miss’s style running the ball compared to LSU’s defense of the run. Defensively Ole Miss has woke up on defending the run and they held a similar power run Alabama to 104 rushing. The Mississippi run defense is 13<SUP>th</SUP> nationally. Passing wise I think Ole Miss, you can put yards on them. LSU even though the qb play is iffy, they gamble and they can move it. In fact I think that’s why Lee is playing, he can do some good things. But it’s just not worth the mistakes. He has been good for at least 1 pick a game and the pick 6’s are what are just absolutely killers. Nutt in a rivalry, especially vs. LSU, he knows how to run on them, Nutt is loosey goosey. Look for a kickoff return edge here too but I’m banking on a big run edge.

NC STATE
Getting DD here in a rivalry. Made this line -4 UNC myself. NSTU has really come on since getting healthy and that qb Russell Wilson keeps them in every game. Any game I have that kid at the helm I like my chances at staying within 10. T.J. Yates is coming back for UNC this week, but Sexton has been playing so well, qb competition to play this week according the Butch, maybe not the best thing. Also, NSTU has been gaining confidence every week now, and are starting to buy into O’Brien and play fundamental football. Should note last year to end the season NSTU had a chance at a bowl berth and was embarrassed in a 0-30+ blowout, and they were starting to come on strong somewhat towards the end prior. Just think this is a different NSTU team personally and I don’t see anything that says UNC has big edges anywhere this conference is too close.

MICHIGAN STATE
MSU has only lost two games, and been blown out in one. Ohio State was a bad matchup, pure and simple, dating back to last year. It was a 52-216 run difference. Wisky out rushed MSU 281-25. 200 yard rush difference in those two games and that is what MSU is built upon. Good news is they somehow won the Wisky game. IMO I just think PSU cannot hold MSU down like that. PSU line scheme I think is different. No one is going to run on PSU easily though, it will be a chore for MSU but they should operate a bit. Defensively I’m kind of worried I think PSU can run on MSU for 200 yards possibility. What I like is that Clark has struggled lately, really struggled. MSU off bye, too good of team to lay this much in the rivalry.

TENNY/VANDY UNDER
Tenny 105 pass offense, 24 pass defense. Vandy 102 pass offense, 23 pass defense. Tenny 105 rush offense, 24 rush defense. Vandy 57 rush offense, 54 rush defense. Is there ever any better numbers for an under???

STRONG LEANS

IOWA
----The Minney run defense surprisingly only gave up 116 last week to Wisky after two 200 yard games allowed against much worse run teams. OSU, NW, MICH run attacks vs. WISKY, ILLI??? Maybe those real strung out zone’s hurt them. What we can accurately project is Minney rush yards. They are going to struggle to get 100 yards as when you break it down they have only had over 100 yards rushing in conference on Illinois and Purdue. And they barely did those games. 5 out of 7 games Minney could not get over 100 yards in Big Ten play, and honestly IU, NW, Mich, Wisky aren’t great run defenses. Iowa is going to get 130 + I would say. Passing wise, Iowa is always around 200, little above or little below. Now I think the story to this game is the qb for Minney. Gophers will struggle to run. Thing is Weber is a beast but no Decker. I actually compare the Minney pass attack, and really offensive attack, as similar to Iowa State when I watched the ISU-Iowa game. Use the tight end, a lot of underneath sit down stuff in zones, just manage first downs. If Minney could put that 252 up ISU did by attacking the Iowa zone they would be happy. I’m not saying it’s a sure thing Weber will even get over 200. Just a worst case scenario trying to envision somehow how Minney is going to move the ball. Overall, Iowa is the better team. The Minney line last week vs. Wisky was way off, that is not a solid Wisky team, so I don’t even think covering that game by an easy margin means much. Minney decent. Iowa, well, solid, but they seem to act decent and lose to a lot of teams they shouldn’t. They are a lot like Minney offensively in the passing attack, very similar, they just manage, and maybe that holds them back from putting teams away. So, I’m not sure this is a sure thing in Iowa here, because that club is kind of like Auburn a year ago playing good vs. top comp and not pulling away from bad comp. With that being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Iowa dominated Minney like NW and Mich. Iowa vs. MSU, NW, Turnovers did them in to lose. I would put Minney as little weaker version of MSU. Esp NW 1-5 TO’s. Illinois had 272 pass yards on Iowa including a 50 yards pass and some weird momentum changes in that game. Don’t see that big pass big play threat Illinois had here with Minney. 1-score line here with a better team I think Iowa wins and cover majority of time, if it’s close it’ll be right around the line and we’ll have a chance.

INDIANA
I think injuries have hurt IU this year, several on the Oline, along with Lewis out. Should be better this week. “At the quarterback position, we’re as healthy as we’ve been in four or five weeks,” Lynch said. Comparing these teams, what kills IU is dominant run teams that physically dominant you. Purdue doesn’t do that. Northwestern didn’t do that. Kind of how I compare this game. Also, NW spread is not a downfield passing attack, and neither is Purdue’s. Purdue has quite frankly struggled to move the ball this season. So even though IU sucks in run defense and pass defense I like this matchup. Also, CMU doesn’t really over power you either. IU won the run battle 272-37 vs. CMU and played them as tough as Purdue did.
We have a 3-8 team against another 3-8 team. Both teams are very similar. What has Purdue done to show they can win by double digits? Purdue has home field an Tiller farewell, but two pretty even teams in my eyes. Also this is the Ole Oaken Bucket game, and I love those rivalry games with double digits.

TEXAS TECH
Since the Texas game I’m not sure what Oklahoma has done besides blow out a bunch of patsies. I need to give them credit against TCU and Cincy. That was impressive but Texas got them one-sided. But the Texas game is the bench mark for me. I think they were thoroughly a worse team, they could not stop Texas to save their lives. It started with lack of pressure and Reynolds being out. TT is going to keep OU pressure off, just like they did vs. Texas. OU and Texas are both tied 3<SUP>rd</SUP> in sacks nationally and it is a big, big part of their defense. We saw vs. Oklahoma how Texas fares vs. the pass without pressure. TT is 2<SUP>nd</SUP> in sacks allowed. The TT defense looks definitely different this year. 20<SUP>th</SUP> against run, outside of EWU, NEB pass defense allowed they have been really solid in that area. Holding Texas to 219 passing is a good deal. TT has proven more than Oklahoma to date. Kind of think Oklahoma name recognition is in play in lines maker’s eyes, as is TT appearing in the national championship? No way, it’s TT. They are going to fold.

VANDERBILT
On paper Tennessee has a big NFL Oline. Remember last year they didn’t give up a sack all season? In SEC blitz natzi league? All these guys returned and they are 73 in sacks allowed and 105 in rush offense. Vandy small Dline but Tenny Oline at this point isn’t going to overpower them. Tenny 105 rush offense, 24 rush defense. Vandy 57 rush offense, 54 rush defense. Both pass offenses suck and pass defenses are awesome, so the rush will decide this game. If Nickson is back he can really run therefore edge Vandy run, therefore game. ----And Commodores are a sneaky team in that they know how to win games. Tenny knows how to blow games. Commy's at home at night with a bowl berth on the line vs. the fighting donuts.

STANFORD
Cal has faded to end the season how many years now? In the rushing department Cal has been beating up on poor rushing defenses. But against similar teams they have been losing the battle. Oregon State 85-194, Maryland 38-141, and Arizona 110-179. Stanford struggles winning the rushing battle against great rush teams, but win against similar teams. 161-83 vs. ND, 210-86 vs. Oregon State, 286-77 vs. Arizona. I consider Cal and Stanford pretty similar in the rush department.
Cal rushing offense 63, defense 39. Pass offense 60, pass defense 34, efficiency 4
Stanford rushing O 20, defense 64. Pass offense 108, pass defense 92, efficiency 84.
I just don’t see Cal outside of two games, that they have put up great passing yards. See 5 games under 200. Stanford certainly will be limited but Cal IMO isn’t going to get a lot either. Stanford is 7<SUP>th</SUP> nationally in sack as well and Cal is 80<SUP>th</SUP> in sacks allowed. Just think Stanford will win the rushing battle, keep the passing battle close, and this is a rivalry, and they always play Cal close. The call this one "the big game".

TALK ME OFFS

WASHINGTON
Yes, I know. Same philosophy as UCLA over UW last week. If you look at the scores of games UW is better than WSU even though the stats are 117 for both. Washingon is dumb, Washington State is dumber, I think dumb is good enough to pull a default win out of it's ass.
DUKE
VT only beat WKU by 14. Furman is the only game on the year VT has covered this Duke spread of 17.
BYU
This WILL be a close game Utah does not blow nobody out and BYU getting oversold. Give me above 7 this has potential to move.
RUTGERS
Army implemented option this year and are getting better at it every game. Retards never should of went away from it as it is mandatory for all academies to run the option in my book. Rutgers has defended Navy’s option the past couple years. With Army we are talking about a very one dimensional attack here folks. Rutgers has a good enough defense to stop this run. If they do that bodes well because I think Rutgers can move the all at will. Similar matchup to Syracuse for Rutgers. Last three weeks Rutgers has covered this spread against better comp but are in a sandwich between USF and Louisville
TCU
Who can compare to what TCU will do on this AF run? Utah. Held AF to 53 yards. Utah also ran for 197 and dominated the game but only won by 7. TCU is not like Utah in that regard they would of blown AF out that day. What we know is AF gives up some run yards. TCU is thus going to stop the run and run the ball. 150+ run advantage TCU. We also know TCU has a big pass edge here. TCU off a bye two weeks removed from Utah loss. Get this game at home to end the season. Have to think Patterson talked to them during the two weeks they have put Utah behind them and will come out and cap off this great season in TCU fashion.

Scratch the Rutgers and TCU. Lines are absolutely out of hand.
Duke their gonna have trouble scoring a point very possible they don't cover.

Probably would only look at Washington and BYU on that TMO.

-Tons of "slight leans" this week. But have no chance to make a play leaving them off.

Like all of your plays pretty much.

ncst -- agree the line is lofty , qb issues of sorts for unc, wolfpack peaking

GT -- matchup well , johnson off a bye vs shannon on a thurs night at home

mich st -- guess the books know that penn st covers because line is off

ole miss -- lost my playable number but understand why you are betting

vandy/tenn --game might go to overtime ... but might be 0-0 when they get there.

pretty confident iowa wins as well but struggling to actually pull that trigger.

purude has been playing better lately and indiana was one of the meals served on top chef last night ... they are cooked. be careful , i was dying to play purdue here prior to the inflated line from the oddsmakers. agree there is value in the line , just think this does not line up well for indy.

texas tech -- linelooks about right.

tcu -- similar to the purdue game ... loved tcu prior to line release and they priced me out.

just some quick thoughts on your stuff. gl this week.

Nice card O-State.

For tonight, I like Tech as well, however I am in a quandry about when to play it.

If word breaks that Nesbitt is playing and/or Bob jumps on it, then we may be looking at -5. I understand that Nesbitt may be declared out and Bob may be on The U so it may creep to -1.5 or something in that area.

I can get -3 -120 now, but do I really want it if we later find out Shaw is at the helm.

I have to think about it hard this morning. I am leaning toward getting the status of Nesbitt and taking the line at what it may be at the time, but who knows when/if we will get that information.

agree with every single one of your plays and leans except texas tech, which i obviously strongly disagree with. texas tech isn't overrated at all imo, and the line makes sense to me...if they were a pk at a soft kansas they have to be at least a td at oklahoma. was on texas tech when they played texas, but if you remember, oklahoma was a 7 pt fav vs texas, as texas tech was a 3 pt dog. i bet texas when they played oklahoma because the line was ridiculous, but i didn't see the game so much as texas dominated. texas defense, which is better than texas tech's improving but still a lot less than average defense imo. i know you point to 20th vs the run, but i would ask you....WHAT run? who have they played that has a primary objective of running the football? not one team that could beat them wants to run first. except...nevada on the road who if they were a little more talented would have beat them. they are FAR less balanced than oklahoma; tech knew the run was coming and couldn't stop any of their backs. 47 attempts. 4.8 ypc. 224 yards. this allowed them to completely control the clock which is the only way to play defense against tech. and because of the run, nevada was able to gain another 264 yards through the air in 24 for 35 yards. i realize that tech's defense has gotten much better as the year went on, but we're talking about nevada here. we're talking about a 28-19 game on the road until they get the fourth quarter td with 5 minutes left to make it look a little better. every other team on their schedule wants to spread it out and throw it all over the place. speaking of tech on the road, they've impressed me once on the road in 3 years and that was the kansas game. we'll see how they deal with this norman crowd. despite the numbers, i see oklahoma's defense much more able to get pressure on harrel, esp at home, and if you've ever seen him when he gets hit he's not accustomed to it because of that awesome line and he doesn't like it at all. i think he'll get rattled and the whole culture of this team will get rattled. it's always been, well they don't expect us to win anyways, but now is when it sets in...when you have to go into a hostile environment and TAKE what you want. high pressure situation vs texas they handled in amazing fashion, but it's a lot different on the road with a little more of a physical team. i'd be shocked, tip my hat, and take my multiple unit bet loss in stride if harrel leads another drive like that late in the game...don't see it happening because i don't see it close. gl o-state

LW 5-5-1 on Plays, 3-0 on Strong Opinions, 2-1 on TMO's, 0-2 on Totals. Totals ruined a profitable day on plays, but hit a parlay and had my best day of the season so I'm actually in decent plus money but would like to finish strong. As well as stop having plays that I regret.

On to the week of the dog.

PLAYS

GEORGIA TECH
Waiting to see some stuff on Nesbitt tommorow before I lock it, hopefully Bob don't jump on. I saw Florida State kill this Miami team for 281 yards on the ground with misdirection. Ponder ran it a lot that game, faking it to Smith, handing it to Smith, Miami had no answer. FSU had reverses, flow that active Cane D one way, go the other way. Wake Forest also is a misdirection offense, and they ran for 195 yards on Miami. Here’s what Shannon said in preparation, “If guys are doing their job and playing assignment football, you'll be successful.... You have to have everybody chasing the football. If you don't, you're going to have a tough time." I agree with the assignment part, but not the chasing part. Miami FL is the classic over pursuing aggressive defense. He also said they have to play high because that’s how you turn GT over by tackling high. I think situationally GT with the bye, get this game at home in primetime.

OLE MISS
Just think this is a good matchup as far as Ole Miss’s style running the ball compared to LSU’s defense of the run. Defensively Ole Miss has woke up on defending the run and they held a similar power run Alabama to 104 rushing. The Mississippi run defense is 13<SUP>th</SUP> nationally. Passing wise I think Ole Miss, you can put yards on them. LSU even though the qb play is iffy, they gamble and they can move it. In fact I think that’s why Lee is playing, he can do some good things. But it’s just not worth the mistakes. He has been good for at least 1 pick a game and the pick 6’s are what are just absolutely killers. Nutt in a rivalry, especially vs. LSU, he knows how to run on them, Nutt is loosey goosey. Look for a kickoff return edge here too but I’m banking on a big run edge.

NC STATE
Getting DD here in a rivalry. Made this line -4 UNC myself. NSTU has really come on since getting healthy and that qb Russell Wilson keeps them in every game. Any game I have that kid at the helm I like my chances at staying within 10. T.J. Yates is coming back for UNC this week, but Sexton has been playing so well, qb competition to play this week according the Butch, maybe not the best thing. Also, NSTU has been gaining confidence every week now, and are starting to buy into O’Brien and play fundamental football. Should note last year to end the season NSTU had a chance at a bowl berth and was embarrassed in a 0-30+ blowout, and they were starting to come on strong somewhat towards the end prior. Just think this is a different NSTU team personally and I don’t see anything that says UNC has big edges anywhere this conference is too close.

MICHIGAN STATE
MSU has only lost two games, and been blown out in one. Ohio State was a bad matchup, pure and simple, dating back to last year. It was a 52-216 run difference. Wisky out rushed MSU 281-25. 200 yard rush difference in those two games and that is what MSU is built upon. Good news is they somehow won the Wisky game. IMO I just think PSU cannot hold MSU down like that. PSU line scheme I think is different. No one is going to run on PSU easily though, it will be a chore for MSU but they should operate a bit. Defensively I’m kind of worried I think PSU can run on MSU for 200 yards possibility. What I like is that Clark has struggled lately, really struggled. MSU off bye, too good of team to lay this much in the rivalry.

TENNY/VANDY UNDER
Tenny 105 pass offense, 24 pass defense. Vandy 102 pass offense, 23 pass defense. Tenny 105 rush offense, 24 rush defense. Vandy 57 rush offense, 54 rush defense. Is there ever any better numbers for an under???

STRONG LEANS

IOWA
----The Minney run defense surprisingly only gave up 116 last week to Wisky after two 200 yard games allowed against much worse run teams. OSU, NW, MICH run attacks vs. WISKY, ILLI??? Maybe those real strung out zone’s hurt them. What we can accurately project is Minney rush yards. They are going to struggle to get 100 yards as when you break it down they have only had over 100 yards rushing in conference on Illinois and Purdue. And they barely did those games. 5 out of 7 games Minney could not get over 100 yards in Big Ten play, and honestly IU, NW, Mich, Wisky aren’t great run defenses. Iowa is going to get 130 + I would say. Passing wise, Iowa is always around 200, little above or little below. Now I think the story to this game is the qb for Minney. Gophers will struggle to run. Thing is Weber is a beast but no Decker. I actually compare the Minney pass attack, and really offensive attack, as similar to Iowa State when I watched the ISU-Iowa game. Use the tight end, a lot of underneath sit down stuff in zones, just manage first downs. If Minney could put that 252 up ISU did by attacking the Iowa zone they would be happy. I’m not saying it’s a sure thing Weber will even get over 200. Just a worst case scenario trying to envision somehow how Minney is going to move the ball. Overall, Iowa is the better team. The Minney line last week vs. Wisky was way off, that is not a solid Wisky team, so I don’t even think covering that game by an easy margin means much. Minney decent. Iowa, well, solid, but they seem to act decent and lose to a lot of teams they shouldn’t. They are a lot like Minney offensively in the passing attack, very similar, they just manage, and maybe that holds them back from putting teams away. So, I’m not sure this is a sure thing in Iowa here, because that club is kind of like Auburn a year ago playing good vs. top comp and not pulling away from bad comp. With that being said, I wouldn’t be surprised if Iowa dominated Minney like NW and Mich. Iowa vs. MSU, NW, Turnovers did them in to lose. I would put Minney as little weaker version of MSU. Esp NW 1-5 TO’s. Illinois had 272 pass yards on Iowa including a 50 yards pass and some weird momentum changes in that game. Don’t see that big pass big play threat Illinois had here with Minney. 1-score line here with a better team I think Iowa wins and cover majority of time, if it’s close it’ll be right around the line and we’ll have a chance.

INDIANA
I think injuries have hurt IU this year, several on the Oline, along with Lewis out. Should be better this week. “At the quarterback position, we’re as healthy as we’ve been in four or five weeks,” Lynch said. Comparing these teams, what kills IU is dominant run teams that physically dominant you. Purdue doesn’t do that. Northwestern didn’t do that. Kind of how I compare this game. Also, NW spread is not a downfield passing attack, and neither is Purdue’s. Purdue has quite frankly struggled to move the ball this season. So even though IU sucks in run defense and pass defense I like this matchup. Also, CMU doesn’t really over power you either. IU won the run battle 272-37 vs. CMU and played them as tough as Purdue did.
We have a 3-8 team against another 3-8 team. Both teams are very similar. What has Purdue done to show they can win by double digits? Purdue has home field an Tiller farewell, but two pretty even teams in my eyes. Also this is the Ole Oaken Bucket game, and I love those rivalry games with double digits.

TEXAS TECH
Since the Texas game I’m not sure what Oklahoma has done besides blow out a bunch of patsies. I need to give them credit against TCU and Cincy. That was impressive but Texas got them one-sided. But the Texas game is the bench mark for me. I think they were thoroughly a worse team, they could not stop Texas to save their lives. It started with lack of pressure and Reynolds being out. TT is going to keep OU pressure off, just like they did vs. Texas. OU and Texas are both tied 3<SUP>rd</SUP> in sacks nationally and it is a big, big part of their defense. We saw vs. Oklahoma how Texas fares vs. the pass without pressure. TT is 2<SUP>nd</SUP> in sacks allowed. The TT defense looks definitely different this year. 20<SUP>th</SUP> against run, outside of EWU, NEB pass defense allowed they have been really solid in that area. Holding Texas to 219 passing is a good deal. TT has proven more than Oklahoma to date. Kind of think Oklahoma name recognition is in play in lines maker’s eyes, as is TT appearing in the national championship? No way, it’s TT. They are going to fold.

VANDERBILT
On paper Tennessee has a big NFL Oline. Remember last year they didn’t give up a sack all season? In SEC blitz natzi league? All these guys returned and they are 73 in sacks allowed and 105 in rush offense. Vandy small Dline but Tenny Oline at this point isn’t going to overpower them. Tenny 105 rush offense, 24 rush defense. Vandy 57 rush offense, 54 rush defense. Both pass offenses suck and pass defenses are awesome, so the rush will decide this game. If Nickson is back he can really run therefore edge Vandy run, therefore game. ----And Commodores are a sneaky team in that they know how to win games. Tenny knows how to blow games. Commy's at home at night with a bowl berth on the line vs. the fighting donuts.

STANFORD
Cal has faded to end the season how many years now? In the rushing department Cal has been beating up on poor rushing defenses. But against similar teams they have been losing the battle. Oregon State 85-194, Maryland 38-141, and Arizona 110-179. Stanford struggles winning the rushing battle against great rush teams, but win against similar teams. 161-83 vs. ND, 210-86 vs. Oregon State, 286-77 vs. Arizona. I consider Cal and Stanford pretty similar in the rush department.
Cal rushing offense 63, defense 39. Pass offense 60, pass defense 34, efficiency 4
Stanford rushing O 20, defense 64. Pass offense 108, pass defense 92, efficiency 84.
I just don’t see Cal outside of two games, that they have put up great passing yards. See 5 games under 200. Stanford certainly will be limited but Cal IMO isn’t going to get a lot either. Stanford is 7<SUP>th</SUP> nationally in sack as well and Cal is 80<SUP>th</SUP> in sacks allowed. Just think Stanford will win the rushing battle, keep the passing battle close, and this is a rivalry, and they always play Cal close. The call this one "the big game".

TALK ME OFFS

WASHINGTON
Yes, I know. Same philosophy as UCLA over UW last week. If you look at the scores of games UW is better than WSU even though the stats are 117 for both. Washingon is dumb, Washington State is dumber, I think dumb is good enough to pull a default win out of it's ass.
DUKE
VT only beat WKU by 14. Furman is the only game on the year VT has covered this Duke spread of 17.
BYU
This WILL be a close game Utah does not blow nobody out and BYU getting oversold. Give me above 7 this has potential to move.
RUTGERS
Army implemented option this year and are getting better at it every game. Retards never should of went away from it as it is mandatory for all academies to run the option in my book. Rutgers has defended Navy’s option the past couple years. With Army we are talking about a very one dimensional attack here folks. Rutgers has a good enough defense to stop this run. If they do that bodes well because I think Rutgers can move the all at will. Similar matchup to Syracuse for Rutgers. Last three weeks Rutgers has covered this spread against better comp but are in a sandwich between USF and Louisville
TCU
Who can compare to what TCU will do on this AF run? Utah. Held AF to 53 yards. Utah also ran for 197 and dominated the game but only won by 7. TCU is not like Utah in that regard they would of blown AF out that day. What we know is AF gives up some run yards. TCU is thus going to stop the run and run the ball. 150+ run advantage TCU. We also know TCU has a big pass edge here. TCU off a bye two weeks removed from Utah loss. Get this game at home to end the season. Have to think Patterson talked to them during the two weeks they have put Utah behind them and will come out and cap off this great season in TCU fashion.

Ole Miss. :smiley_acbe:

O-State, which way are you leaning with OSU-UM? (Forgive me if you've already posted this elsewhere and I missed it.)

I rarely bet the Bucks to cover and this is a large spread (20.5) in a rivalry game. But UM is really, really bad this year and from what I understand, dealing with some injuries as well. I just don't see Tressel running up the score but on the other hand, I'm not sure UM can stop them.

A tough one -- your thoughts, sir? Thank you for the insight you and the other guys share each week. Great stuff for me to learn from. Good luck this week!

^hey kristin there are quite a few thoughts of o-state's regarding that game in huntdog's thread...fyi

Kristin Ohio State gave up over 200 rushing yards to Illinois and 100 something to Northwestern and the fact is their is potential for Michigan to possiblity get something goingthere.

Michigan held NW to 50 something rushign yards. Northwestern has been over 100 yards EVERY game this season except that Michigan game. The last two weeks Michigan has played very well defensively, vs. Minney and vs. NW.

The NW loss isn't as bad as ppl are making it out to be.

Michigan will be keying on the Ohio State run which makes it easier giving Pryor's limitations to throw right now. Michigan has more talent on their defensive line than Ohio State does, and as much talent as Penn State. So despite them no getting it done all season the potential is their with those caliber of athletes to put up a decent effort.

--Tressel doesn't blow teams out by much more than 20 points unless he has Troy Smith under the gun. This year's TOSU unit is not a blowout personell. The clock is going to winding all game.

Would not be surprised by an TOSU cover or a Michigan cover either way.

VK if Indiana is cooked Purdue isn't far behind. Definately think Tiller wins this farewell. I would love a 14 spot. Indiana is as healthy as they have been all season and can save their season. Purdue is about as good a matchup as IU could want IMO. Ole Oaken Bucket.

tunasunday I'm locking in GT and taking my chances. Nesbitt played vs. UNC after injuring the ankle vs. Florida State. He is going to give it a go. I don't know how effective he will be but I like this spot for GT tonight.

Broadway Joe you pointed to Nevada I could point to Eastern Washington as well. TT struggled out of the gates. Thing with Nevada is that pistol isn't always going to compare what Texas or Oklahoma bring to the table, not many teams face the pistol and not many teams are going to hold Nevada down. TT gave up 186 to Okie State on the ground, 161 to Kansas, I have no doubt that TT will give some run yards up. But it won't be ridiculous, hopefully not 200. Okie State is THE BEST running team in the big twelve and their primary objective is to run the football, that is their goal every game, to establish the run,, moreso than Oklahoma. IMO Texas has the best pass rush in all of college football and with Muschamp's schemes they struggled to get to Harrel....actually Texas had as much success as anybody. I just think OKlahoma becomes an aboslutely different team when they can't get pressure and I don't see how they fare better than Texas did.....I point to TExas game where OU couldn't get pressure and were ass raped by McCoy.

Could TT have benefited from an easy schedule early and then had a nice little spot getting Texas and Oklahoma State at home at night?? Yes, possibility.

But they have proven as much as Oklahoma and think they have a chance at the straight up win.

looks good, bro. agree with almost everything from the plays and strong leans...with the 2 exceptions maybe being msu and indiana. imma torn on those 2 games. but great card, O.
:cheers:

fair enough o-state...as always you make a lot of great points. i am placing the wager in assumption that ou does get pressure and is able to control t.o.p. better than a lot of teams that have faced tech this year. i understand how those assumptions can be viewed by most as flawed, and certainly understand the tech side of things. i think rivalry games like texas/ou don't always show you the true make-up of a team, and i bet texas in that game, but still believe ou is the better team in a lot of ways. in fact, i believe they're the best team in the country. probably in the minority there, but i think we'll find out a lot about both of these teams tomorrow. should be a great one. bol on the others

Am not adding any additional strong opinions or TMO's to plays. Adding the wrong additions is what has cost me very solid winning weeks the past few.

Joe we'll see how it plays out but regardless of the matchups IMO this should of been lined -3, or -4, -7 is high IMO so I see some value in the line.

Ramble good to see you like Ole Miss too let's hope it cashes.

Thanks Yanks see your on a lot of Pac 10 totals this week, good to know we see things similarly.

Pags good luck to you and Good Luck to Everyone this week.

Back