O-State week 11

• Thread starter Thread starter O-State
  • Start date Start date
O

O-State

LW 2-5 on PLays, 2-0 Strong Opinions, 3-0 TMO's, 3-0 Totals. Was right everywhere but where it mattered and to boot my 4 strong opinions to begin the week I added the 2 losers and left off the 2 winners.

Got TT and Miss right. Minnesota and Oregon State losses I wasn't suprised with the outcome.

Ville, Missouri, Wake were surprising results for me. Wake maybe not the margin of victory, but they gave up 30 fricken points and got outrushed and won the TO margin by 3 just to win. I thought the Wake D would be there I was worried about the o.

Missouri/Ville were the big favs and in that situation you have to make sure motivation is there. Ville was a sandwitch and Mizzou was coming off a ridiculous demoloshing of Colorado to play a team that just got beaten to a team they crushed in Nebraska and also Oklahoma State who they played even with Demolished Baylor.

PLAYS

WISCONSIN
Have to ask if Wisky is emotionally in it after another tough loss they GAVE away. Rushing offense Wisconsin big. Rushing defense Wisconsin big. Passing offense Indiana slightly. Passing defense Wisconsin. I see Wisky dominating IU on the ground as Iowa did for 227 and as Illinois did for 292 and MSU did for 236 and Ball State did for 224. I watched IU vs. NW and CMU and this is a bad football team that is going to get manhandled physically. Wisky is ready to blow someone’s brains out again are they mad or have they given up. I think they are mad and a rush difference of at least over 150 yards is a play.

OHIO STATE
Tressel and TOSU will be focused and aggressive. Ohio State is a great team coming off dissapointing performances ala Purdue when the media is on Tressel's ass. Northwestern is physically undermanned. With Kafka I didn't see a pass threat at all. Even if it's there Ohio State is ready, they want to dominate and they will, the seniors are very resiliant and they have a good shot at winning out.

ALABAMA
LSU really dissapointing defensively but IMO Alabama is as straight on a running team that will keep banging there head right into the teeth of the LSU defense. So I think it rates to be a really tough battle but in the end Alabama is the better team I'll have to see them lose to believe it.

IOWA
I fail to see how this is not a barnburner 1 score game. Iowa matches up better with PSU than Ohio State. Stop the run better and run the ball better. Kinnick is such an underrated place to play. I think this is a 13-7 type game that will go under easily like the game in Columbus.

MINNESOTA
Minney plays harder than any team in the Big Ten IMO, great intensity. They now are a team that knows how to win. Michigan is not. Minney coming off a loss I think means a lot more than Michigan coming off a loss. Minney should have had a lot more points LW vs. NW, so not sure I can count on this offense despite Michigan’s crappiness. Michigan is giving up BIG pass yardage. I think Minney can move it but they lack down the field playmakers and really outside of FAU have not blown anyone out. The BG stats were the same. Also the wasy Kafka ran it can Michigan get some ground game. But I do not think Minney is a fraud I think they are a pretty solid team so if that's the case Michigan is not so you have to look at it. I love a team that plays with passion.

OKIE STATE
Wow, TT passed for 474 on Texas last week it didn’t seem like that much and I thought they had a lot of drops to end drives. Okie State has been better than Texas running the football. Heck they ran for 217 on Tejas. Rush defense has been stellar in a lot of games too this year so Okie State will win the rush battle much more than Texas did vs. TT. Actually TT won the rush battle 105-80 LW surprisingly. I’m a believer TT can still move it without the run better than most teams. Mizzou got killed by over 100 yards in the run game to Okie but put 390-215 pass up. So if TT has the same stats do they win? I think TT will have better success on offense than Mizzou. What I think is key is Okie State keeping TT off the field by controlling the tempo and the game with their rush offense. TT rush defense was pretty big last week. TT will get near 400 with the pass. The main thing that stands out for me in this game is TT just of the biggest game win ever? In Lubbock and now they turn around and face Okie Lite who I am confident will have much more success than Texas did on the ground and might have a situational advantage to boot.

IOWA/PENN STATE UNDER
13-6, 9-6 field goal type of game.

STRONG OPINIONS

TCU-----thoughts in Utah-TCU thread.

CINCINNATI
Rush offense here I give edge to West Virginia pretty big. Rush defense I’d say pretty even actually lean Cincinnati. Pass offense Cincy big. Pass defense even, lean Cincy. WVU will run the rush battle, Cincy has to keep it fairly close though. Cincy can get over 100 rushing. Have to limit WVU under 200 and I think they will, 150 is a win because I see Cincy moving it on this unproven secondary of West Virginia that has yet to face a good pass offense. Pike can throw it Cincy just cannot lose the turnover margin as WVU has been very good and won 5-0 last week vs. Uconn while Cincy was 0-6 TO’s vs. Uconn.

RUTGERS
Can Syracuse bite me in the ass any more times? I have underrated them but they still suck. Rutgers just saw Cuse beat Ville, Rutgers had a bye, Rutgers will be ready. Rutgers has confidence now which is BIG, chemistry is actually present. Look what the UConn win did for them, now the Pitt win and bye they will be skye high. The Rutgers style of offense and passing is the kind that gives Cuse major trouble, and if Rutgers defense plays the way they have all year they should win comfortably.

MARYLAND
Check on VT qb situation in this one, I think Glennon might be ready to play. Rushing offense I think is pretty close. Rushing defense edge VT. Passing offense give edge to Maryland big time. Passing defense tie. Think Maryland has big pass edge and then stats might give rush edge to VT but I think in big games Maryland often wins the rushing battle and better than stats show. Maryland is a veteran team who IMO will win the ACC. Concern going on road??? Well after the Wake domination they played lackluster against and inferior opponent which is common. Now they go into what Blacksburg with what is perceived as a big test. The only thing missing for the bipolar Terps is home field. The Virginia defeat on the road helps them here, as their attention will be present this time around. When Maryland’s attention is present they are freaken good and VT is a very average football team. I would have to think Maryland is better if both teams show up. The weakness of Mayland is rush defense while rush offense is VT’s strength and given Maryland’s road troubles I can see a VT win.

TMO'S

DUKE
Duke has proven to be a good footall team last 3 weeks, NC State is not a good football team despite keeping scores close recently. Florida State started dominating the fourth quarter and Maryland was letdown Maryland.

ILLINOIS
7 or less Illinois deserves a look they are more talented and balanced but who knows how they show up emotionally history says they probably won't show up. Illinois has the better rush offense but IMO they have gone away from that lately and it's hurt them. Illinois pass defense has been incredible but they haven't faced a great pass offense either.

PURDUE
Probably get killed in the run game but don't see MSU being dd favorites over too many people right now.

VANDERBILT
Vandy off bye, get Gators at home at night. Defense should hold UF down pretty well question is can they score anything at all whatsoever. UF off big rivalry win and are not as good as these inflated scores make them look, no team ever is.

TOTALS
Iowa/Penn State U
Cincinnati/WVU O

Last edited by a moderator:
Really liking your card this week, O-State. With you on Bama and Ohio State, and on TCU.

GL, as always!

:cheers:

Card looks great man.

I have been looking over that Wisconsin game tonight and will prolly add tomorrow. Have a few more steps to look into before finalizing this week. In fact, I like the Big Ten card al ot this weekend.

I will talk you onto Minnesota tomorrow if need be. Looks like Threet is out. Not tiotally confirmed. One of the local Sports radio stations said as much. That leaves little ole Nicky Sheridan in. That means 2-4 turnovers......by half..lol. They even said Feagin may get some snaps which is hilarious because RR just moved him to slot the past few weeks and said he was nowhere clsoe to ever getting on field as a QB. So things could get ugly. This is also Michigans last visit to the Dome ever. They have never lost there. Whoopsie, theres another streak broken.

Only thing that concerned me on tOSU was lookahead but they have had a week off and the matchups set up perfect in my mind.

Same thoughts about the Iowa game and Bama.

Back tomorow with more thoughts.

Awesome thread as always.

ADDED: Minnesota and Okie State to Plays. Sheridan is garbage so the Threet injury is huuge IMO. I was probably going to add them with Threet, Michigan name might still be working for them like Auburn and Tenny's have all season. Also threw Vandy in the TMO's.

Okie State the spot situationally dictates it. Euphoric win fot TT, I mean one of biggest ever they are still living it up while Okie State is hearing about TT nonstop.

Aztec.....good to know your on those. Looks like you've got a small card this week and with these 3 plus the win you already got with Buffalo it rates to be another good week for you. I should have TCU as a play but I don't have the balls right now. Jpicks seems to really be confident in Utah and Thursday night home dogs isn't something I'm willing to go up against most of the time. :shake:

B.A.R. I agree in fact I think the card as a whole this week is pretty good for this time of year. Minney I just played. Especially with Threet and knowing you Michigan guys are on it it deserves that status. I'm not gonna have any regrets in this one most ppl agree coming in Minnesota is the better football team.

......As for Ohio State. They have been winless under Jim Tressel after byes but I take nothing from that, first season at UCLA, another one vs. Northwestern in 04 when we sucked, at Penn State at night in 05, maybe one vs. Wisconsin but all these games OSU would of lost without the bye IMO.

I think Ohio State scores points this week. I really believe the Oline is going to dominate the staff is very upset with their performance vs. Penn State. When the critics are out and the times are tough this team comes out with alot of passion. Tressel comes into this game looking to put points on the board and not sitting on leads with his defense. They really respond well to losses and set backs in a big way. Defensively I think Northwestern does not have that big physical power Oline to give Ohio State trouble. Ohio State showed vs. Purdue they can defend this basketball stuff. I hope and expect Ohio State in a determined effort to dominate on both sides of the ball with better athletes.

---Northwestern got embarrassed in Columbus last year it was like 28-0 after the 1st quarter. The last 3 meetings Ohio State has only punted 5 times combined. NW should come out fired up after that performance but Ohio State is in a prime situation themselves to really come in focused and the "feel" I get from watching Tressel teams is they will want to put the hammer down in this one. These are the kind of spots they tend to do that.

Here's to a good week for us both BAR :shake:

O-State - I agree, fading home dogs on Thursday night hasn't been a good idea this season. In fact, that's the main reason I hesitated to make a play on TCU. But...TCU is favored by less than a FG, so it's nearly a pick'em spread. If it was TCU -3 or more, I'd be much, much more hesitant.

I just really feel that TCU is the best defense Utah will have faced this season, and they should get plenty of pressure on Johnson...and we already know how legit their rush defense is. If Oklahoma can't run on TCU at home, I'll be stunned if Utah does.

:shake:

gl bro..

I like sherer, he is a good qb, doesn't make many bad throws, but asking wisky to win by 10 is a lot...gl man...imma not playin it.

You know I love bammer and Iowa..and minny..lets get this shit.

UM is definitely benefitting from name only at this point. It's a mess up here and the season is done. Even against OSU..god that's gonna be a bloodbath.

Aztec I hear you I put down all these detailed reasons why TCU was going to win in the Jpicks thread..... Like them alot as I put Utah on Stanford level who TCU destroyed and who beat Oregon State. Might change come tomorrow.

Hunt i see why ppl don't wanna back Wisky but when I see a rush difference and phsyical domination on both sides of the ball I have too. IU is a step down from Wisky's past I don't know how many opponents. I see Wisky nonconference type performance here they know how to woodshed these weak ass teams. The offense is not stalling as it did vs. Michigan they are going to pound the rock down Brian George and Palcic's ass. Co-DC Palcic either his brother or dad was the Wisky Oline architect under Barry and is at UCLA.

Wisky has IU's number I don't know how many years a 33-3 win LY. IU gets their doors blown off vs. physical physical teams that kill them in the trenches Northwestern tried to play some merry go round garbage.

Wiksy dominated the run almost 200 yards LW and still got beat, gave up ton of pass yardage.........maybe that could happen again.

GL Hunt :shake:

o-state,

good stuff here...only analysis I disagree with is regarding the NCSU vs. Duke game...GL bud...

pags about the only thing I see good going on at NC State is Russell Wilson. This team has been DOMINATED most of the year. Carolina killed them 34-0 with around a +250 yard advantage, had trouble with William and Mary only outgained them by 25 yards, Clemson had over 100 yards on them, beat ECU in OT, 275-26 run deficit to USF, outgained nearly 300 yards by BC, and then ----I was impressed with performances against FSU on TH night and Maryland LW. I did hear the Mryland game was played in horrid weather conditions.

Looked it up to see how bad they are they have the 109th ranked running offense in D1, the 108th total offense and 101 scoring offense. Total defense is 101, 94 pass defense, rush defense 86. I kid you not.

BAD football team across the board although not as bad as those stats indicate, Wilson was out with injury a while as Maddux or some key defensive players, lots of injuries. That Russell Wilson is so good even that even though I think NC State isn't good I'm afraid to bet against him. I can't do it.

But pags NC State I think has been improving and off of a bye they can win this game vs. Duke, Duke can't overpower them in the run game so if it's a passing battle Russell Wilson is hard to beat. Duke right when you think they are good hit the crapper so I can't bet them.

GL Pags :shake:

ray small is suspended indefinitely. His dad says this is another instance of Tressel holding his son back.

gl o-state and go bucks.

that's a shame about small...easily could be our most explosive player if he could get his shit together. him and his dad need to wake up a little bit. i'm sure the bucks did whatever they could to get this kid out on the field. why would they want to hold themselves back? ridiculous.

they both had admitted to ray ray had done things that should result in consequences, and then they claim that he's being held down by the program. makes zero sense.

does he think that pro teams won't hold him accountable if he ever makes it pro? i wish him good luck, but i'm 100% confident it's nobody's fault but his own that he was being held back. if he doesn't realize that, he won't be successful no matter where he plays next year.

He's done dad doesn't want him playing for Ohio State. Gonna try to enter the combine that's what their intentions are WTF why not understand you haven't proven anything yet and make priority number one finding a school.

"He had some parking tickets, he was late to class, he might have had a bad grade -- college stuff, things that go on in daily life for college kids," Ken Small said.

---I know about parking tickets on that campus and if it's not the school it's the damn city. DT Brandon Maupin had something ridiculous like 4 digits in tickets before he left school. But I don't think that had anything to do with Small in the dog house most likely grades. This was an issue in high school Tressel shouldn't of signed him.

-----This is NOT a big loss IMO. Our best punt returner by far but put Lamaar Thomas back there no biggie. Small was talented as getout, recruited heavily by USC, but mentally didn't have it. He was never going to get it and never pan out, bottom line. I think coach Ginn in high school said he was a better high school player than Teddy. Will best be remembered for getting lit up in one of the biggest hits I've ever seen, Dominic JOnes of Minnesota on a slow ass stupid developing wr screen.

Small was "borderline" academically to qualify Ohio State coming out of high school. Tressel snuck his neck out on a rope for this kid. Never went that far to get a kid admitted. Never. The Glenville pipeline might of had something to do with it. Apparently Holbrook only gave JT very very very few passes on borderline kids, and JT had Small or Darrell Johnson from Mooney who were both in the same situation, actually Small was worse academically, but Tressel chose Small. DJK has been a much better player in college than Ray Small has.

DuJuan Morgan the Kansas City chiefs safety and recent North Carolina State Wolfpack, the kid signed with Ohio State. TOSU pulled his scholly. He was academically cleared by the NCAA and way better than Small was academically. Pretty much everyone says Ohio State screwed it up. Pissed some high school coaches in Florida off on that one and he would of been a big upgrade over Mitchell, Salley.

------Small's lack of development is another downfall in TOSU lack of wr success. After Holmes and Ginn this program hasn't recruited crap at wide receiver. I think it was 04 we settle for Devon Lyons and Albert Dukes. Missed on in-state talent Fred Davis who Petey stole away. Dwayne Jarrett from New Jersey silently verballed to Ohio State. Petey stole him away. Two STUDS go to Southern Cal and both are located alot f'ing closer to Ohio than California. Lyons sucked now at WVU and Dukes sucked he's in 1AA. Really those two were not consolation prizes, they were bad "scouting" on the part of TOSU staff. Tressel has had more busts than people realize and is overrated in evaluating talent IMO.

That really set us back. And Hartline, Robiskie, bless them but they are not top tier receivers, they are not first options and Ohio State lacks breakaway speed out wide. Posey and Thomas coming in have changed that though I think we are getting back on track.

---Glenville has sent TOSU some great players but Small is one of many who has not turned out. Jamario O'neal 5 star bust, and then some others have had academic problems which has been a problem with that school, Darius Hiley, Freddie Lenix. Curtis Terry was the most unheralded player from Glenville to Ohio State and has been a great contributor and team player. Best run stopper on team and winning attitude, great kid. Injuries and Staff has screwed him over though. Switch from linebacker to fullback, to linebacker, don't know how to use him. Alot of this switching position stuff kills kids careers and it alot of times the athlete is not a tweener nor an average player, it's a numbers crunch or more likely the staff tries to get cute.

o-state, now a lot of that I can definitely agree with...good stuff...I think that TE Anthony Hill getting healthy, as well as Tony Baker and Jamal Euguene (who's really playing well right now) are now fully healthy...plus the young WR's have really started to hit their stride...defensively, not going to say NCSU is a juggernaut, but with their offense sustaining drives it's been giving them more rest on the sidelines and am hoping MLB Irving can play this week as well...situationally, as you previously mentioned, this sets up nicely for NCSU as Duke battled their asses off last week and lost in overtime to Duke...GL bro...

ADDED:

Penn State/Iowa Under

-----Arizona should be on this card. Just can't lay that number. Jpicks New Mexico info has me thinking that should be on this card as well.

Best of Luck to Everyone This Week

awesome thread again o-state

also added the iowa total late.

i think jpicks is right. with no clayton you just have to wonder what unlv is capable of and defensively they still can't stop the run and ferguson poses a problem in that regard. would have played unlv plus thepoints in this spot if clayton was playing but now new mexico atleast deserves a look

nice write ups o state, an good luck even though we on the opposite sides of some.

Back