NYGiants25 - NFL Week 12

NYGiants25

NY Giants fan, anyone?
NFL 2008
(49-32) +30.75 Units

Last week went 10-4 +9.75 units, in large part thanks to TNF & MNF. Sunday afternoon games were not too nice to me. But i did pick-up another win in the NFL Contest to go back to back and 3 wins overall! And that will be enough bragging for the week ... onto some NFL WEEK 12 :shake:

TNF
Cincy at Pittsburgh O34.5 (2.5 units)
Looked at this game for awhile and decided on the over. Thought about Cincy +11, and may still for a small play, but either way i think it goes over. I first look at the Cincy defense, they rank 20 in giving up yards/gm and over 131 on the ground. I think pittsburgh/parker will be able to go over the 130 mark and have some TDs on the ground. I know the offensive line gives up some sacks on ole benny, but they also can open some big holes. Ward quitely had 124 yards last week and seems to be coming on nicely the past two games with over a hundred yards in each. I have to beleive Pittsburgh gets in a groove against a mediocre defense and puts up at least 23-28 points this game. There is no question Pittsburgh has the best defense in the league. #1 rush defense (68.9/gm), #1 pass defense (168.7/gm) So im not even going to try and make a case for Cincy winning this game out right, and althought Cincy has nothing to play for or playoff hopes, this is a divisonal game. The last 4 games have all gone to Pittsburgh and they should want to break that streak. Cincy is without Palmer which is the main reason i have laid off the +11, Fitz has been anything but a blessing but he does have Hushyomouthcauseicantspellitmanzata and chad "there were too many jerseys to buy" johnson. I think they find a way to put 13-20 points on the board, just gotta decide if they can put 20 up and i may play the spread. I guess my biggest assumption in looking at this game is that i really think pitt can go over 30 if they wanted to. Hope im right ... :shake:

Sunday Morning
Houston @ Browns -3 (1.5 units)
Really like the Browns in this spot. Coming off an emotional/crazy win at Buffalo and now playing with their home crowd watching, ill lay a field goal. My main concern in this matchup is Quinn. Althought he finished that game with a game winning drive, that put his kicker in position to get the W, the whole game wasnt quite so smooth. His passes were HOT and COLD. A few of his throws i beleive he completed to the middle deck fans. But on the drives were he moved down the field, he looked good in the pocket, showed he can make good throws and even scrambled a bit. No touchdowns, but no INTs either. Neither team has a stellar defense, i think this game has a good shot at the over and both teams score in the 20s, at least! Cleveland finally showed last week they could get a close win, Houston did not. Ill lay the 3 and expect Quinn to give the fans back at home what they have been waiting for :shake:

Patriots ML (EV) @ Miami (2 units)
If you dont think the Patriots have this game circled, you're crazy. Miami didnt just give them a good ole butt kickin, they kicked their ass as 12.5 point dogs in NEW ENGLAND! Final score 38-13. Miami is currently riding a 4 game win streak and this will be the 3rd game in a row at home. I DONT CARE ... Patriots dog stomp/ skull crush these chumps into the ground, Brady style, 55-3
(J/K about the predicted score, but i do expect them to win)

NY Jets ML +215 at Tennessee (1 unit)

Chicago @ St. Louis Rams +8 (2 units)
Chicago @ St. Louis Rams ML +295 (.5 units)

Leans:
Kansas City (possible ML)
49ers
Detroit (0-16 really?)
Philly
Jacksonville

Sunday Afternoon
Washington -3 at Seattle (1.5 units)
Washington at Seattle PK 2H (2 units)

Oakland at Denver -8 (1.5 units)

Carolina PK(EV) at Atlanta (1.5 units)

Giants -3 (EV) at Arizona (1.5 units)

SNF
Indy +2.5 at Chargers (1 unit)
Indy +3 at Chargers (1 unit)
Indy ML +130 at Chargers (1 unit)

MNF
Green Bay @ Saints O51.5 (1.5 units)

Last edited:
Just looked at the weather report in pittsburgh and its suppose to be snowing a good bit and below freezing ... prolly wouldnt take the over at this point, but its already locked in ...:popcorn:

My book has the Giants -2.5 -120. I'm sure it will go to 3 at any moment. The Cardinals are improved but don't look at this as an ordinary away game. When Dallas or NY (and a few others) come to town they bring a ton of fans,sometimes over 50%,not that the Giants aren't road warriors. I plan on going, which was much more difficult in my Bronx days,where tickets were inherited. Anyway do you think there is any value in the Giants -2.5 or -3?
I also have Pittsburgh over 34.5. BOL
:cheers:

Jasper its at 3 at my book now, its tough to lay points when we know the giants secondary is the weakest part of the defense, the line and backs are great, but corners and safetys are know to give up big plays. Knowing that the secondary is the weak part of defense, we also know Kurt has been throwing some bombs, so im a little bit weary. That matched with the fact that this could be a game where the giants are mentally already putting themselves as division champions and into the playoffs ... just a couple reason im laying off again this week ... but if you want me bias opinion .... GIANTS WIN BY 30!!!!

either way, good luck this week bud :cheers:

Morning Games:
2-3 (-0.2 units) Rams are really that bad, and cleveland did nothing right today, otherwise my two wins went nicely ... :shake:

Afternoon Games:
1-3-1 -3.85 units ... should have left my redskin bet alone ... oh well hopefully the colts get some of this back for me ... :shake:

Adding:

Giants -3 (EV) at Arizona (1.5 units)

Don't know what swayed you but it seems fitting you should make a little on this Giant run. Maybe the secondary is a slight weak spot but the constant pressure on Warner combined with Eli stepping up big, were enough for the Giants to win over the still inconsistent Cards.The Giants, lacking their best runner and receiver,hardly missed a beat,playing with confidence to win and cover once again. It was a fun game to view in person.The Cards have more fans then ever but the Giants fans were still well represented(30-40%)from my vantage point
Anyway congratulations on Indy. Shrewd to take them M.L. BOL tonight.

Don't know what swayed you but it seems fitting you should make a little on this Giant run. Maybe the secondary is a slight weak spot but the constant pressure on Warner combined with Eli stepping up big, were enough for the Giants to win over the still inconsistent Cards.The Giants, lacking their best runner and receiver,hardly missed a beat,playing with confidence to win and cover once again. It was a fun game to view in person.The Cards have more fans then ever but the Giants fans were still well represented(30-40%)from my vantage point
Anyway congratulations on Indy. Shrewd to take them M.L. BOL tonight.
Hey bud, next time ill shoot you a PM if you ask about the boys or any other team for that matter and i make a play later in the week or close to game time :shake:

As for what changed my opinion, i started looking at the secondary and just as you said it was only a slight weakness, although they did give up some big passes and 348 yards in the air. What really swayed me though was i had a feeling the first quarter was going to involve both teams scoring and i knew if the giants could continue scoring and get up 2+ possessions they would be able to drop back a few guys for extra coverage on defense, knowing the cardinals would need to start throwing. Once the giants scored the touchdown early in the 3rd i knew my boys were going to win. Of course had it gone another direction i might have lost, but i trust my boys, theyve been pretty good to me:cheers:

Gl tonight NYGiants. I think that the over's got a good chance.

Great win by the G-men yesterday. Man they look good even with Plax and Jacobs.

And great year so far. Keep up the good work.

Back