NYGiants25 - NFL Week 11

NYGiants25

NY Giants fan, anyone?
NFL 2008
(41-26) +27.5Units

Last week: My best week this season, 9-2 +14.3 units. Got lucky on a few, but also nailed some of them down pretty well. Great Week ... time to move on :shake:.

TNF
Jets +3 at Patriots (2 units)
Jets ML +140 at Patriots (1 unit)
Over 40.5 (1 unit)
Don't have much time, got a cocktail party here in about an hour ... Banged up patriots team, Jets playing to full potential ... i will take the points.

SUNDAY MORNING
Oakland at Miami -10 (1.5 units)
Hard to lay 10 points with Miami, until you look at the other side. Oakland conceeded this season about 4-5 weeks ago. After all the off-field shinanigans, how can anyone playing for this organization have any hope, any belief that there is a reason to be playing at 100%. Not to mention quite a few of them arent healthy enough to play at 100%. If i was a member of their organization i would be begging to get out of there. Miami on the otherhand, is above .500 past the halfway point and there seems to be some pride coming out of the players. They are averaging over 3 touchdowns a game and are ranked 8th in total offense, who would have guessed! Although pennington may be getting old, he is still completing just over 66% of his passes and has amassed 2200 yards thus far. Put him together with Brown and Williams in the backfield how can you not lay the points? I look for Miami to put some numbers up into the high 20s, low-mid 30s ... Oakland maybe 10 to 13??? May look at an over play closer to game time ... :shake:

Texans at Indy -8 (2 units)
Wasn't sure i could lay more than a touchdown with Indy here until i looked at Buffalos past games. There 3 wins come against 3 teams who combine for a 6-21, 5 of those wins coming from Miami. I got a feeling Indy is about to make a run at a wild card spot and get it. Peyton looked good last week 21/40 240yds 3tds 0ints and a game winning drive. That drive alone got me pretty excited about the real potential this Indy team has, that very few people have given credit, myself included. I look for Indy to run away with this game, win by 17+ im guessing.

Saints -5.5 at Kansas City (2.5 units)
I've said a couple of times im through with the saints. IM BACK! Kansas city is dead last in defense, saints are number 1 in offense. Gotta go with the odds here. As long as the disappointing saints give a good try at this game they should win pretty easy. Saints should be getting a few more folks back from injury. Really not spending too much time on this game ... you're all welcome to look harder ... :shake:

Vikings at Tampa Bay -4 (1.5 units)
Vikings rely heavily on Peterson and the ground game. Frerotte may be doing a better job than Jackson did starting the season, but it aint by much ... hes got a passer rating of 74.0 10/11 td/int ratio and only completing 57% of his passes. I think Tampa Bay knows how they are going to have to approach this game. There going to need to drop an extra defender in the box, bring more pressure to keep peterson in check. This is a game gruden is going to love playing. I expect this to be a mildly low scoring game, as reflective in the 38 point line total, but i think Tampa walks away with a 7 - 13 point victory.

Philly at Cincinnati +9 (1 unit)
What the hell am i thinking? Yea i know ... just making a small play on a dog with some points.

Leans:
Denver
Green Bay
Giants!
Carolina

Sunday Afternoon
Chargers +5.5 at Pittsburgh (2 units)

Tennessee at Jacksonville +3 (1.5 units)
Tennessee has been playing great, whoo hoo hoo, Giants are still number 1! Anywaise i am going to enjoy watching this game, i think we are looking at two good defenses who can play the run. Obviously Tenny is defending it better, but i also think jacksonville has not been playing to potential as most could admit. This is a divisional game so there is always going to be a good rivalry involved and i think Jacksonville has to win this game if there is any chance of them sneaking into a wild card. I took the giants +3 last week because i thought it would come down to the end, and although that was an offensive battle, i will take the points in this defensive battle as well. I look for Jacksonville to win this game SU in the 4th qtr after a great defensive game.

St. Louis +7 at 49ers (1.5 units)
Not really sure who needs this win more, its not going to help anyone get into the post season, although maybe some pride is still on the line, maybe. 49ers showed some life last week, but that puts them on a short week and plenty of wounds to lick. They are expected to have Gore back today, but he hasnt been in practice all week and one could suspect he wont be 100%. Shaun Hill started out the first half looking good, but his lack of experience showed as he would later throw 2 ints and fumble in the second half. Matched with a new coach who is now 0-2, gotta start looking at the other side? The Rams have been horrible, their 2 game win streak sparked after the HC job was given to Jim Haslett has lost its ... spark! Bulger will be getting the start and i have to think he is going to come out playing with some fire this week, having Green come in last week opened his eyes to the fact that if he gets benched as 2nd string the rest of the year, his career is pretty much ova. I think the main thing the Rams have to do is not turn the ball over. Alot of jumble in here, but i think this will be a close game, so im taking the points. Otherwise its just two horrible teams playing football.

Leans:
Seattle

SNF
Dallas -1 at Washington (2 units)

MNF
Cleveland +5 at Buffalo (1.5 units)
Cleveland ML +200 at Buffalo (1 unit)

Last edited:
3-0 +4 units cant complain

Nice going. I had the Jets plus the Jets with Miami vs Virg Tech under so I am happy. You think the Giants can cover 6.5 against Baltimore at home? I am wondering if that's too many points and maybe I ought to have a little fun with a teaser. Then again Eli and the gang have been a cash cow for me since last year Pat game before the playoffs.
I grew up in the Bronx near the stadium and the police would let me in to view Giant games as a kid. Needless to say I am a big Giant and Yankee fan.I just love the present Giant team. I could ramble on but I really just wanted to say congratulations on your current run.
:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks Guys ... :shake:
Jasper im about to start my writeups and thoughts ... i think its going to be another close/good game, i got alot to look at before i decide what im going to do ... chances are though a no play on that game, eli's been too good to me thus far with covering!!!:cheers:

Welp, hit the SNF game, not too exciting to watch, cowboys could have easily won by 2 tds or more, anyways 5-4 +1.85, time for some MNF ... goodnight guys :shake:

O ye, of little faith

Thanks Guys ... :shake:
Jasper im about to start my writeups and thoughts ... i think its going to be another close/good game, i got alot to look at before i decide what im going to do ... chances are though a no play on that game, eli's been too good to me thus far with covering!!!:cheers:

I'm glad you hit the SNF game. If you lived in Tucson you could be watching the Giants with my friends and I so I root for you. I too was a little shaky on the Giants only because they have done so well for me. Each week I fret that this is the week they are totally flat! (Cleveland+10.5 was the one game I skipped) My book allows you 2 favorite teams where you always get .5 points. Anyway I finally decided that the Giants were being under valued (again) and I bet them big. I don't have to tell you that this happened last week (they got 3 points) and many other times.They are a great team and they are really for real. I am not chastising you at all since I almost faded them too, I just like having someone to celebrate these wins/covers with. These great week after week performances are just incredible and we Giant's fans and or gamblers might as well be making serious bucks on it while the good times lasts
:cheers:

Last edited:
Welp hit both of them on MNF ... ended up 7-4 +5.35 ... see you guys next week ... best of luck with any games during the week ... :cheers:

Back