NYGiants 25 - NFL Week 2

NYGiants25

NY Giants fan, anyone?
NFL 2008
(10-9) +3.05 Units
All Qtrs.
(3-3) -1.35 Units

Obviously i would have liked to have made more money during week 1, but there are always alot of unknowns early in the season and overall i ended up with a little change in my pocket. On to week 2 .... good luck gents.:shake:

1st Qtrs.
Colts PK (1.5 units)
Steelers -0.5 (1 unit)
Raiders +0.5 (1 unit)

Saints -1 (2 units)
Saints pk (1 unit)
The redskins showed me nothing in terms of offense and campbell was less than impressive completing 15 of 27 for 133 yards, furthermore i think they got some work to do before they get that program together. Defense did keep the giants to 16 points, but unfortunatly i think part of that was the giants offense. I really liked how the Saints defense was working this past Sunday. Although not overly great, a big improvement from the past few years. Really like the offensive line when it comes to passing, they are playing good together and giving brees time to throw some good passes, including the deep bomb to patten in their opening drive. The O-line needs to help Bush and Thomas get some better lanes than we saw this past week. And for god sakes, REGGIE RUN VERTICAL, stop all that juken bull shit, when it works its usually good, but usually you lose a couple of yards or misses the oppurtunity to gain 3 or 4. The saints offense needs to stay in grooves throughout the game and the season for that matter, and they should win this game and go far. If their defense becomes solid and consistent, i could see them in the NFC championship and realistically in the super bowl. But they must stay consistent in a good way!!!:shake:

Colts -2 (1 unit)
Not going to give up on the colts just yet. I definatly think there was some rust on these guys. Obviously they didn't take the preseason to seriously and i think some of them expected to coast through the first few games as they have done in recent years. Well its reality check time for these guys, and i think they respond this week. I dont think anyone expects peyton to have rusty weekends very often, so with that said i think the offense gets rolling this week. Gonna take a 1Q bet on the colts also, expecting them to really be fired up after a week of practicing and thinking about losing to the bears! Jackson was less than stellar for the vikings, and i really think they should start looking now to replace him. He didn't look comfortable all night to me. Peterson had a decent night for a running back, he is always a threat but once you factor in sorry ass jackson at qb, what else can they do besides run ... and hopefully defensive coordinators should already be planning for this! Anywaise i think the colts get it done in Minny.:shake:

Giants -8 (2.5 unit)
Biggest favorite this week and i like it. Giants have been dominate on the road lately. Their defense is solid, I don't expect the rams to score much, 10 points if they're lucky. I thought the giants had a pretty solid offense in the first half of last weeks game. Their issue has always been consistency, just watching eli in the pocket last week i saw two things. He was comfortable there and the line was holding tight. I think this year we start to see that consistency they have lacked on offense. The rams looked horrible last week on offense. No 3rd down conversions, and giving up big plays on defense. Also another thing affecting the rams are a number of injuries, meaning these guys have no depth. I don't expect things to be close after the first half but i think the giants wear these guys down and get plenty of points in the 2nd half to easily cover. GO BIG BLUE!!!:shake:
:shake:

Seattle -6.5 (1.5 units)

Tampa Bay -7 (1.5 units)

Oakland +3 (1 unit)

Patriots 2H PK +115 (1 unit)
Patriots 3Q PK (1 unit)

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Pittsburgh -6 (2 units)

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
Cowboys -6 (bought) (1 unit)
haven't played a dog yet, but i have my eye on 2 this week ... more to come ... :popcorn:

Last edited:
Damn the card this week should produce some good matchups (even if boring), but shit alot of these games could go either way after week 1. No double digit favorites and the giants are the only team favor by a full point or more of a touchdown ... image that ...

Giants -8 vs. Rams
I would like to pull the trigger on this one, but i am going to be patient. I dont think the rams are gonna pull an upset here, but for some reason the giants dont always like to blow their opponents out. Don't think the rams will score many points on my dynamic "d" either. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

^^^

don't forget Eli torched em' for over 4 tds and Plax had over 200 yards against em' when they beat em' by 20 last time they met in 05'

DAMN, can the saints ever make it through 4 weeks without one of their star players getting injured?

Looks like colston will be out for the next 4-6 weeks ... although he didn't play a huge role last week were still gonna need patten and henderson to step it up ... shockey looked good 6 receptions 54 yards ... saints still win this by double digits

i wonder what the odds on the colts missing the playoffs are ... fuck either they need to get their shit together and have a sling show in the 2nd half or forfeit the rest of the season cause they have not been pleasurable to watch, to say the least

fucking saints defense, typical, notation made to stay away from them most weeks of the season

:seeya:

Adding:
Dallas -6 (bought) (1 unit)

Just think they got a better chance of scoring more points ... :popcorn:

Back