Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nugzz

Tritty f'n Bunk
NUGZZ’s 2014 NCAAF CAPPING CONTEST<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Every week I will choose 12-25 games (i'll try to get a nice mix of big time games and smaller conferences throughout the season, sorry to our hardcore handicappers who love their IVY League, but don’t worry there will be some MACtion thrown in there) and provide the lines for the games (sides and O/U’s), and post them in this thread very early in the week… usually monday or tuesday morning.
The object, of course, is to end up with the best winning percentage throughout the season… The contest will run from Thursday August 28[SUP]th[/SUP] until Saturday November 29[SUP]th[/SUP].
*I will not be including Championship games/Bowl games** (We all know I’ll be running a confidence pool for bowl games as well)<O:p</O:p
Rules:
You must make 7 picks each and every week out of the 12-25 games that I post in the thread… either sides or Over/Unders (mixtures of both are fine of course). I will post the games usually by Tuesday and would be happy to email them to those who would like notice of the posting…

The deadline for picks is before the start of the FIRST game of the week that I choose. For example, most of the time it will probably be a Thursday Night Game, so picks must be submitted prior to kickoff of that game for the whole week… as to avoid any collusion or whatever.
There are two ways to submit your picks… Private Message them to me via CTG or email at pgordon0630@gmail.com. The reason for not posting directly to the thread is so that in case someone doesn’t want another person to know their picks prior to kickoff of the first game. Once the first game kicks off (deadline game) i will copy and past picks into the thread at my earliest convenience. This way we will be able to see everyone's picks and i will have timestamps from EMAILS or PM's.

In order to keep it fair I have to hold everyone to the deadline for picks… so you miss one week and you are going to be given an 0-7... I’ll be happy to send email reminders to those who are forgetful or whatever…
Confused yet? PM me w/ questions or post in here…<O:p</O:p
I know I probably have some ironing out of the details to do on this one, but this is why I’m getting this out there early….Should be fun, IMO…

Last edited:
That could work as well... but I would be hesitant to base the stats on percentage then.. it would have be to wins

Are you saying that 0-7 would be too harsh so you're hesitant to use win %? Or were you just thinking of giving them a 0-0 week and not an 0-7 week?

It would seem an 0-7 week would be a pretty big blow to someone's chances to win. Then again, getting 0 wins for a week if it's based on wins at the end is just as crippling.

Ok guys.... pm me or email me if interested.... and we can talk details..
keep thediscusson in this thread minimal in regards to the details of the contest

Are you saying that 0-7 would be too harsh so you're hesitant to use win %? Or were you just thinking of giving them a 0-0 week and not an 0-7 week?

It would seem an 0-7 week would be a pretty big blow to someone's chances to win. Then again, getting 0 wins for a week if it's based on wins at the end is just as crippling.

Youare right... I will not disqualify... Just give an 0-7 for the week

Again to all wondering.. picks should be submitted via email or pm prior to "deadline game" (first game that I chose that kickoffs... usually will be a Thursday for example...)

Then I will post in thread as soon as possible.. it may take a little while some weeks but we'll have timestamps..

So if you dont trust me you are probably better off not entering...

But I hope we get a bunch and its a fun friendly contest.

If all games that we will be selecting from for all weeks are posted prior to week 1 then I am in. If you are picking which games each week, no thanks.

I'll likely fuck with you nuggz...gimme details

and I echo Gars statement a bit....Maybe a stick for the season and an auto PM sent or something for the week...I dont wanna fuck you for doing it or the people playing it

Ill wait for the pm etc

thanks

i can post the sign ups on LS... it only lists them by email so far.. a few more have expressed interest but have not logged into and signed up on LS i have at least one more definite so far and the following

deleted people's names and emails Nuggz as some people might prefer that not be listed. Hope you don't take offense

9 people have signed up and paid though

deleted people's names and emails Nuggz as some people might prefer that not be listed. Hope you don't take offense

9 people have signed up and paid though

no offense.. i acutally thought about deleting it before i noticed you did.

egg - no pick club this year? i will likely join this contest if not....

Back