Nuba First Round Playoffs...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
I'll keep this to one thread, as I'm far from the Nuba expert that a lot of you guys are.

Value plays:

Cleveland -120 to win the series for a big bet. I made the Cavs a lot higher. These teams have faced off in the playoffs in each of the last three years. As much as the Wizards want to talk a big game, the fact is that Cleveland has bounced them - and last season, it was with relative ease. There are really only two decent teams in the East - Cleveland is third and there is another dropoff. Washington has some decent players but with Butler and Arenas, but them guys missed a good part of the season with injuries and I don't like needing teams who count on guys that haven't been playing.

Along those lines, I laid 2 with Cleveland for a medium bet in Game 1.

I am waiting on 5 to take Phoenix. No bet as of now. Passing Dallas/NO. I made it right at that price. No interest in Houston/Utah, either. But if the total continues to plummet, I will look at betting the OVER.

On Sunday, I am waiting on 7 to take Toronto, as I lean that way now. Waiting on 9 with the Nuggets. I really think they can beat the Lakers. They are a scary matchup for anyone, and if properly focused, I like their chances. Having George Karl doesn't hurt them either, as he has been through this song and dance a time or two. I lean Philly in Game 1 but wanted to take 11, and I like Atlanta but am waiting for the market to slam Boston to its highest point before I bet the Hawks.

Only other bet for now is Nuggets series at plus 460 for a medium bet. The price is too high, and I give Denver about a 1-in-3 chance of winning the series.

Comments and thoughts welcome. Good luck fellas!

:cheers:

The other good thing about looking at the Cavs for the series is that they will almost certainly win Game One meaning you'll never get this price again and can buy some back likely before Game Two at better plus-money.

also the Lakers owned the Nuggets (3-0) the Lakers did have bynum and Nugz had no Martin but still Nugz dont match up well and Lakers have the better defense and thats what will win the series. Lakers were scoring in the 120's against the Nugz this year.

Last edited:
Sadly I think the Nuggets are going to get owned by the Lakers.

AI will probably win one game by himself, Melo might chip in to steal another, but as much as I wish it would be different, I think LA hurts this team in six at most.

me and you against the rest of the site with the Cavs rexy

Value plays:

Cleveland -120 to win the series for a big bet. I made the Cavs a lot higher. These teams have faced off in the playoffs in each of the last three years. As much as the Wizards want to talk a big game, the fact is that Cleveland has bounced them - and last season, it was with relative ease. There are really only two decent teams in the East - Cleveland is third and there is another dropoff. Washington has some decent players but with Butler and Arenas, but them guys missed a good part of the season with injuries and I don't like needing teams who count on guys that haven't been playing.

Along those lines, I laid 2 with Cleveland for a medium bet in Game 1.

Good work Tide, BAR and others who had the Cavvies...

Today:

Toronto plus 7 in Orlando. Medium bet.

Denver plus 8 in Los Angeles. Big bet. Me against the world I guess.

And Atlanta plus 15.5 in Boston for a medium bet. Who is this team to lay eight possessions in their first playoff game since I was pre-pubescent? OK, that's stretching it, but come on.

Round robins for shits n giggs involving Mets OVER in baseball, Frisco, Anaheim OVER, Braves, Reds RL, Pirates, and Nashville in hockey. I figured out a way to make a few small 4-teamers by 2's and 3's for a big day.

At the beach, no time to elaborate on anything but use this thread to say I have 1 unit bets on all the above baseball sides as well!

GL fellas...

Well, as you boys can tell, I got my teeth kicked in on Sunday. One of the worst gambling days of my life, financially, at least outside of CFB and CBB.

Anyways, back to the board tonight.

Denver plus 8 vs. Fakers - Back to the well. Medium bet.

Atlanta plus 15.5 - ditto. Medium.

I hate the first round; but I see some things starting to play out that I'll be able to use in Game 3's and beyond starting tomorrow.

GL!

OK. The bloodbath continues. But now I should be a little better prepared now that I've had a chance to watch some of these games.

Three games tonight, but no bets for me. Not a fan of these matchups, and I made the prices almost exactly what they did.

Gun to the head, I take Philly plus 5, Dallas -5, and San An plus 7. But I don't like anything, really. Will watch the first halves.

Tomorrow, I am on Toronto -3 for a medium bet. Raptors established some confidence last night, and slowed Howard for once.

Denver PICK. Yes. Call me stubborn and hard-headed. They are at home, which should help turn this series around a little bit.

Houston plus 9. I saw some signs of life from the Rockets last night. While the Jazz will prolly win the next one, this is far too many points to give the fiesty guests.

All medium bets. GL fellas...

"Gun to the head, I take Philly plus 5, Dallas -5, and San An plus 7. But I don't like anything, really. Will watch the first halves."

I wish the fucking gun WAS to my head...

On the Raptors -2.5 also for a medium bet (total a big bet)....

GL today fellas...

i feel ya. weird how it happens like that... part of the game we play.

i'm with you on Toronto. i love april saturdays.

Jesus. I feel like the human pinata. Just getting my teeth kicked in. I came back and got some more Raptors at plus 1.5 at halftime the other day, too.

Trying again...

Toronto plus 7.5 for a medium bet.

Atlanta plus 9.5 for a medium bet.

Waited out 5 on Denver. Won't show up, so I'll likely take the 4.5 before tip for the same amount as the other 2, or maybe a little less.

GL fellas; sure hope to be able to contribute to the positive for us all as the playoffs progress.

Dont worry about it rex.

Its the association, that shit happens.

On ATL with you..... and am about to lock in on denver ML.
Melo and AI are not going out on a sweep.

GL man

goodluck Rex... I'm waiting and hoping for the Atlanta line to get a little better, but I am going to be on it as well!

Sup fellas.

Couple tonight.

Biggest bet of the playoffs so far. I took Dallas plus 7.5 tonight. One friend (who gave me the free hook here, as he owes me a favor, lol)... says NO names the score.

Spiro had 5.5 earlier when the world was using 6. That tells me he likes Dallas. I do as well. The hardest thing for a young team to do is close out a series. On the other hand, the pressure is off Dallas. They have a lot of veterans and professionals and I dont expect them to lie down. Also took some plus-250 small.

Am also on Phoenix plus 5 for a medium bet and some ML there small, too...

GL...

I thought I was in a time warp. The first posts I see in this thread are CKR, JP, Cruz, and BAR. Funny how times change yet they remain the same.

Got 'er turned around a little bit. Thanks LJC.

OK, not gonna get crazy and bet Atlanta on the ML like I did last time (drunken stupor prevented the post, haha)... but I do think they cover tonight - despite the two Boston Blowouts beforehand... Waiting out 15 for a medium bet.

Also leaning Washington if I can take 5 against the Cavvies tonight. Backs against the wall deal; let's see if these guys can play as well as they talk for once.

GL...

Back