Northern Illinois to Orange Bowl !!!

NIU opponents are 45-77 (8 of the wins are from D1AA UT-Martin) this year. Kent State lost by 30 to Kentucky.

Good to see that the winner of their game was able to steal a BCS invite from someone.

Stanford -4.5
Wisconsin 46

FSU -18.5
NIU 61.5

Oregon -7
KSU 63.5

Florida -12.5
Louisville 44

Notre Dame 41.5
Alabama -7.5

What would you bet if those were the numbers?

I love NIU, but come on. A BCS game? I remember when Boise couldn't make it to a BCS game with a 12-0 record and a win over Oregon on the road.

I love NIU, but come on. A BCS game? I remember when Boise couldn't make it to a BCS game with a 12-0 record and a win over Oregon on the road.

Ironically it was probably a rule put in place for the Boise problem.....

Who knows how the game caps out right now ....but I will be cheering for the little guy to pull off the upset.

I just think it is funny that people are so upset by this but not super upset that a worse Louisville team is in the sugar bowl.

... Says the guy who probably graduated from a MAC school. (Jump).

It is absolute BS and NO ONE wants to see it outside of a very small foot print. I bet Free Shoes is absolutely thrilled to be playing these clowns. NIU plus whatever.

ahhhhhh the classic aq losing to nonaq defense .....they just couldn't get up for the game. When fsu wins by 28 then it is because niu just didn't belong .... gotta love it.

what would you make ncst vs niu?

VK - you've already weighed in as to who you are rooting for. So let's not play a game neither one of us will feel vindicated from by laying out a hypothetical ncsu vs NIU ball game. People would care less about that than the FSU game.

But what we can do is lay out the NIU schedule and figure out were they really worthy of this game and more importantly the payout?

We don't know that the mac is that much worse than the sec/acc/big12/bigeast/pac12/big10 ... we are just guessing ... maybe bgsu beats florida if it was in bgsu building. but fair enough .... I don't think niu is a top 16 team so not going to argue the point anyway ... I just enjoy seeing a bcs team get screwed by a non-aq for once.

I do to so we agree a lot more than probably we both initially thought. People wanted to see the Boise's and Utah's of the World play against bigger competition not necessarily bc they were better teams than NiU's, but bc they were introduced to us at an early stage of the season and they were in our living rooms. NIU, while playing a nearly perfect season, came on this past week. It's almost as if this is a fraud more than anything else. They beat nobody and lost to a basement super team.

Im a big fan of the MAc and I gotta say no way does NIU deserve this. They played a weak MAC schedule (no BG, no Ohio, Toledo at home) and squeaked by Army and only beat Kansas by 6. (Favored by 8, I think in that game.)

I really would love to seem them play with the big boys but unless Free Shoes gets a bunch of guys suspended (always a chance) or just rolls their helmets out on the field I can't see NIU competing...there have been MAC teams that could play with the BCS elite teams but these guys aren't one of them in my opinion...

Back