NHL Wednesday picks

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
The Flyers have "nothing to play for" for months now, and this isn't a pick based on that fact. It's based on the missings of Simon Gagne and Scottie Upshall, both important players (Gagne is Philly's leading scorer with 37 goals and 56 points; Upshall has six goals and 10 points in 14 games after being acquired from Nashville last month in the deal for Peter Forsberg).

The Rangers had one day more to rest, they're coming off two great wins, first the thumping of Boston (7-0) and the win against high flying Penguins in the last minute of regulation, 2-1. They're in playoff hunt, they're playing well lately, their defense has been functioning well, as well as their special units, the Rangers have Lundqvist between the pipes, who is 5-1-1 with a 1.25 goals-against average in his last seven games at home, including shutout wins over Montreal and Boston. Philly are on b2b, a home-road switch, and down a couple of men.

The Rangers might have their leading scorer Brendan Shanahan back tonight, after a month long injury. This should provide an additional spark for the offense but also a confidence boost for the team in playoff hunt.

I'm putting 5 units on the puckline.

NYR (-1,5) (2.01 @ Pinnacle) 5 units.

good luck guys. :cheers:

for the record, just updated it:

----------------------------------------------------------------
NHL 2006/2007: 18 W - 18 L +18.91 units
----------------------------------------------------------------

Satyr,

wish you the best. Lundqvist is money now. Your writeup is solid and all signs point to a NYR victory. I was eyeing this play last night but could not believe how expensive NYR ML is. So I had to ride the PL just like you. Lets bring this home tonight!

Thanks, hopefully they can capitalize on the upcoming powerplay early in the 2nd.
:shake:

Thanks guys, I also have Dallas (didn't know Turco was out) ML (on a parlay) and I hope they can win it to complete the parlay, even though it would be very strange to see all favs cashing in, I hope they'll do it.

Go Stars.

Back