NHL Wednesday 10/15

charvik

NHL Road Fade Guru
Sabres/Rangers
Two unbeaten teams and a home team that's been looking great. I haven't seen the starting goalies yet but if it's Miller and Lundqvist this has the making of an under game. On the other hand, both teams have been scoring, which makes this more uncertain. I lean Rangers here, but won't play it at -150. I'll pass on both side and total.

Bruins/Canadiens
Awesome game as well, and should be fun to watch. Boston has had zero defense to start the season and both goalies have been looking shaky, with a slight edge to Timmy. With a line of -170 on the Habs I won't go moneyline and I don't see a line for the over yet... will check and see what I'll have to pay for the 5.5 goals.

Preds/Stars
I haven't been impressed with either team, but I expect Dallas to do well this year. They sure have the lineup for it. At -170 I'm not touching this either. I'm not an Ellis fan, and I don't really like the Preds lines either... Turco didn't look sharp last time out, but I don't have enough faith in the scoring yet to pay the -125 for over 5. I might change my mind on this one tomorrow.

Coyotes/Blackhawks
I've been very disappointed in the BHawk offense so far. Toews is looking great off the puck, but the scoring isn't there. It seems like they are trying to hard to make it look good or to find the perfect passingg lane. Hoping for a rebound soon, but here they face a team that are clicking offensively, with a good goalie that has started out hot. I'll back the hot team, with the goalie edge at plus money. I think it's worth a play on the over at EV as well, in case the BHawks find their stride.

Oilers/Ducks
The Ducks seem to be scoring against LA tonight. As I write this they are up 2-1 after the first, but they still seem off their game. They started last year slow as well, so maybe it's a trend. I wasn't impressed by Giggy against the Sharks either. I think the Oilers will be a good team this year and +130 might be worth a shot. I will revisit after I watch the Ducks game on TiVo tonight. edit: just got done watching period 2 (2 tv's) and yup, it's worth a shot at that price.

ok, just got the line I was waiting for:

Wednesday:

Bruins/Canadiens OVER 5.5 -110
Coyotes/Blackhawks OVER 5.5 +100
Coyotes ML +120
Oilers ML +130

GL Charvik, with ya on 3 of em... kinda looked at the under in Chicago, but with Khabibulin being reported right now I layed off

GL Charvik, with ya on 3 of em... kinda looked at the under in Chicago, but with Khabibulin being reported right now I layed off
yeah, Khabi in net should help the over... I am kind of seeing it as insurance. If BHawks are to beat the Yotes they have to get their scoring going, as I see PHX scoring at least 2, most likely more.

thx SC, GL to you too... it's usually a good thing when we're on the same side.:cheers:

thx Steed, GL! :cheers:

Back