NHL Tuesday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Sorry for posting it a bit late, I came home a few hours ago (a busy day) so here it is. Before we start, I have to say I hate today's card. Very itchy and very iffy. It could go both ways in most encounters, I've looked into totals, team totals, and frankly I don't see an edge anywhere right now. When I say edge I don't mean "one team outplaying the other", but rather searching for discrepancies between my estimations (which should be fair even though they could be faulty) and the actual odds.

One game, two plays.

I can't give my blessing to these odds and say they are fair. Something definitely isn't right here. I'm aware the Oilers are a very unpopular bet today (and in the season) and there's a reason for it; these guys are simply not playing impressive hockey. But they're far from total gas cans as well. They're lacking consistency and their special teams have been one of the worst so far this year.
But the bookies are actually giving the Avs 57% chance to win tonight, which I have to disagree with. The Oil might have dropped a lot of road games, but they are actually 2-1 at home, beating Sharks and highly rated Flyers (which is their only defeat), losing only to Vancouver, who also beat them in reversed fixture.
Theodore had some solid games but he's quite unreliable. So is Roloson at the moment, but it is important to stress out how Avalanche are quite lackluster on the road, despite being quite dominant over the Oilers in Edmonton in recent seasons. That can hardly singlehandedly push the odds in the favor of the visitors. I also expect a high scoring affair, both offenses should get it going tonight.

Oilers ML (2.25 @ Pinnacle) 6 units
Over 5.5 goals (1.81 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

I'm also leaning Chicago Blackhawks but the price is kinda low so I would only consider the puckline, which I have no faith in when the Hawks are concerned, even though I do see them as winners against an unpredictable Jackets team, who will have Norrena between the pipes.

Good luck guys. :shake: :cheers:

Don't like the fact the home team has won every Colorado game so far this season. My internal stats meter screams thats an anomaly thats soon to be corrected.

Hope its not tonight for you, Satyr:cheers:

Don't like the fact the home team has won every Colorado game so far this season. My internal stats meter screams thats an anomaly thats soon to be corrected.

Hope its not tonight for you, Satyr:cheers:

That's a very interesting stat right there BC, but I don't include such parameters into my capping. Or if I do, it's to a very small extent. The reason is, that stat has very little to do with tonight's game in particular. It is a somewhat odd trend that is surely going to correct itself as time goes by, but it's more of a long term correction than anything else.
That definitely wouldn't sway me over to the Avs' side.
I wouldn't touch this game if the odds were fair, and in my eyes that's pk, meaning the same line we're getting for STL-Anaheim, which is really a tough game to cap btw. That is the only reason I am making this bet, and the over is here since I was certain this one is going to be 6.5 at pk, and in reality it is @ 6.00 at pk, but Pinny doesn't offer flexible total margins, they just adjust the odds.

GL :shake:

good luck tonight .... :cheers:

Good luck tsadams :cheers:

I was kinda leaning Jackets. Hmm...

:shake: well could be, a weird thing with the Jackets and myself so far shakes, I was certain before preseason had started that they were going to be better this year than in previous ones, possibly have their best season ever since they're in the league (not that it's that hard btw :D), but look at my plays with them.

Took Buffalo to beat them (better team (still better team, despite losing Drury and Briere in the postseason), at home, I expected them not to be able to stand that pressure the Sabres are so notorious for), guess what, the Sabres played the worst game so far this year, lost easily.
Then I take the Jackets AT HOME to beat Vancouver (w/o Luongo), they had enormous domination but Sanford stopped it and the Nucks won.

So really, despite the fact I thought ok, the Jackets will be my golden goose this year, I've started very poorly in games involving them, so if you're on the other side, it might not be a bad thing.

GL tonight :shake:

good game up in Edmonton. Was able to watch it on Yahoo. Had to sweat out that over, but Edmonton came up short. Get em tomorrow.

Back