NHL Trade Deadline

gsro

Give me the NHL, or give me death
it's fast approaching and teams are figuring out if they are buyers or sellers....

first one that i've read today so far:

Buffalo and Winnipeg a possible trade happening which is huge

According to Darren Dreger: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux and a first rounder for Kane and Bogosian as principle of deal...

apparently it's getting close...what an over payment

How is the red wings minors so good? They just bring guys up year after year who excel.

I don't think Howard can win a cup tho.

The Jets traded Kane, Zach Bogosian, and unsigned goaltending prospect Jason Kasdorf to the Sabres on Wednesday in exchange for Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, prospects Brendan Lemieux, Joel Armia and a first-round draft pick.
According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the first-round pick will be the lowest of the three that Buffalo currently owns

How is the red wings minors so good? They just bring guys up year after year who excel.

I don't think Howard can win a cup tho.

scouting and their minor league system is great, because of their depth in past years never had to rush anyone up...when Manta comes up it'll be great!

The Jets traded Kane, Zach Bogosian, and unsigned goaltending prospect Jason Kasdorf to the Sabres on Wednesday in exchange for Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, prospects Brendan Lemieux, Joel Armia and a first-round draft pick.
According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, the first-round pick will be the lowest of the three that Buffalo currently owns
When I saw the headline on ESPN just now ("Sabres get Kane in blockbuster deal"), I thought it was Patrick Kane.

When I saw the headline on ESPN just now ("Sabres get Kane in blockbuster deal"), I thought it was Patrick Kane.

lolllll

I don't think Evander will be in Buffalo long, I believe there's another trade but i'm not insider.

Chevy waits 4 years to make a deal and then gives away the 2 best players in the deal for a 3rd line rental, a future bottom six forward, a 22 year old ahl prospect and Tyler myers

The Nashville Predators showed the seriousness of their belief they can win the Stanley Cup by acquiring offensive-minded defenseman Cody Franson and versatile center Mike Santorelli from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sunday to upgrade their talent level down the stretch.
The Maple Leafs receive a first-round pick, plus prospect Brendan Leipsic and veteran center Olli Jokinen. Shedding Jokinen's $2.5 million contract helps the Predators fit Franson ($3.3 million) and Santorelli ($1.5 million) into their budget.
Franson and Santorelli, both potential unrestricted free agents, were considered among the hottest rental properties in the NHL marketplace.

The Nashville Predators showed the seriousness of their belief they can win the Stanley Cup by acquiring offensive-minded defenseman Cody Franson and versatile center Mike Santorelli from the Toronto Maple Leafs on Sunday to upgrade their talent level down the stretch.
The Maple Leafs receive a first-round pick, plus prospect Brendan Leipsic and veteran center Olli Jokinen. Shedding Jokinen's $2.5 million contract helps the Predators fit Franson ($3.3 million) and Santorelli ($1.5 million) into their budget.
Franson and Santorelli, both potential unrestricted free agents, were considered among the hottest rental properties in the NHL marketplace.

i kknow jokinen is pissed but that's a great trade for the leafs, deep draft, first round pick...last year people wanted franson for a second rounder...i can see the leafs dumping off jokinen soon as well to a contender...leipsic is a good prospect as welll

Franson being worth a 1st round pick is hilarious. Not very good and slow.

Not just for him, thought it was good for both teams..... Great depth for the preds and a pick for the leafs.. Going to be late in the round...
also great for my preds future...;)

Not just for him, thought it was good for both teams..... Great depth for the preds and a pick for the leafs.. Going to be late in the round...
also great for my preds future...;)
draft is deep this year, so first round picks are real nice

I will lose money on Nashville in the playoffs if they go far, but that team screams to me 2nd round max

only team Id really like them over in the 1st round is Calgary

would take Winnipeg, SJ, or LA over them, just don't see that offense producing in the playoffs, the D is great though and GLB is right on Franson, he's slow and the speed in the West is insane compared to the East

Franson's only great skill is a RH shot on the PP, but he's not taking mins away from Weber

plus now they have to move Seth Jones to the left side? just a weird deal

I would be going for top 6 help if I were them not D

biggest thing for this to me with the Leafs is this gives them a piece to potentially move up in the draft

if they finish 5th or 6th last (assuming they don't win the lottery and I am guessing they probly do) they can use this first to move up to 3 or 4 and grab the other hometown boy in Strome

although Dubas might love Marner as he's an analytics darling, but Strome would give the team its 1st 1C since Mats

I will lose money on Nashville in the playoffs if they go far, but that team screams to me 2nd round max

only team Id really like them over in the 1st round is Calgary

would take Winnipeg, SJ, or LA over them, just don't see that offense producing in the playoffs, the D is great though and GLB is right on Franson, he's slow and the speed in the West is insane compared to the East

Franson's only great skill is a RH shot on the PP, but he's not taking mins away from Weber

plus now they have to move Seth Jones to the left side? just a weird deal

I would be going for top 6 help if I were them not D
advanced stats are skewed on Franson

his CF is 47%, his corsi rel at 1.6 means hes not the worst on his team but he's still not great

zone starts are about average for a team that has as many def zone starts as the Leafs

his CF is 47%, his corsi rel at 1.6 means hes not the worst on his team but he's still not great

zone starts are about average for a team that has as many def zone starts as the Leafs
that's the thing, people are talking about his puck pos. and how much he brings, but his lack of physicality hurts him and the overall numbers are skewed, leafs did well here they'll also like leispic as well

The New York Islanders have signed defenceman Nick Leddy to a seven-year contract extension, the club announced on Tuesday.
The deal is worth a total of $38.5 million with an annual cap hit of $5.5 million.

The Montreal Canadiens traded rookie winger Jiri Sekac to the Anaheim Ducks for right-winger Devante Smith-Pelly on Tuesday.

The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded forward Daniel Winnik to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for F Zach Sill, Pittsburgh's own second round pick in 2016 and Pittsburgh's own fourth round pick in 2015.

The Carolina Hurricanes have traded forward Jiri Tlusty to the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a third round draft pick in 2016 and a conditional sixth-round draft pick in 2015..

Hope the B's just stand pat and then do something in the offseason... don't want them to rush into a trade just to maintain the 8th spot..
being right up against the cap, injuries, etc,, i think there are to many moving parts to make a significant trade (if they can great)..

The Los Angeles Kings have acquired defenceman Andrej Sekera from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for a first round pick and prospect defenceman Roland McKeown.

Hope the B's just stand pat and then do something in the offseason... don't want them to rush into a trade just to maintain the 8th spot..
being right up against the cap, injuries, etc,, i think there are to many moving parts to make a significant trade (if they can great)..

I honestly think you sell off guys like Loui and get back what you can. Draft is pretty deep, I don't see a deep run in the B's...it may sound like a losing attitude but I think you pick your battles... just a bad season for them even though they hold the 8 spot. Injuries hit them pretty big, but you come back next year stronger and Kreijci won't rush back for playoffs etc.

I honestly think you sell off guys like Loui and get back what you can. Draft is pretty deep, I don't see a deep run in the B's...it may sound like a losing attitude but I think you pick your battles... just a bad season for them even though they hold the 8 spot. Injuries hit them pretty big, but you come back next year stronger and Kreijci won't rush back for playoffs etc.

Agreed

Horton's contract had no insurance, and there's a 99% chance he never plays again

so Leafs are essentially giving up Clarkson for 6m in cap space, and CBJ had to spend the money anyway would rather have the player (plus they aren't a cap team anyway so the salary wont matter)

Correct same amount of money but we dont give a fuck about paying an extra 6 million a year. We got more cap space now and its perfect.

highlights of trade deadline

Ron Wilson giving the worst blind item possible about "a team who he had been asked to tank by the GM, but didnt want to say who"
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...als-gm-told-him-to-tank-season-195151623.html

Glenn Healy calling out the florida panthers, Mitchell and Luongo putting him on blast

@Willie_Mitch33 @SNHockeyCentral @FlaPanthers that's my captain!!!

this is cool too, and confirmed as legit by TSN, Leopold was traded to the Wild today

B_HbyN6U4AAabE9.png

Back