NHL Thursday

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Coming off a loss last night, the Pens couldn't step up when momentum finally started swinging to their side. Too many penalties, unnecessary penalties, back to back to back...it ruined their game, especially that goal by Evgeni Malkin for 4-3 which was dissallowed (too many men on the ice)...oh well, we move on, this is a marathon after all, not a sprint. Just keep it cool, bet within your limits and you'll be fine. Several plays I like tonight...

Yeah I know, I'm laying chalk here, but I'm quite confident in this one. Both teams are capable of scoring, and will take the chance to put focus on the offense and putting pressure on the opponents goal. The Bruins played a couple of unders though, but against highly defensively minded opposition, such as the Stars, Coyotes and Sharks. Those are teams who can shut down the opposing team, while Tampa will hardly impose that style. The Bolts have also had different scores regarding O/U this season, but I'm quite convinced they will have their chances tonight. Expecting a 5-3 type of game. Putting some change on the Bruins puckline option, they're coming off two statement wins, 8-6 in LA and 2-1 in San Jose, now coming back home against a team that they've owned in recent seasons.

Boston - Tampa Bay over 5.5 (1.79 @ Pinnacle) 7 units

Bruins (-1,5) (3.31 @ Pinnacle) 3 units

I can't say I understand this line. Having watched both of these teams rather recently, I have to take the road dog value here. The Isles just don't deserve to be this overpriced. Both teams are riding small downtrends at the moment, after opening the season in a convincing manner. The Capitals are definitely better than last season but they're still far from laying this kind of chalk to a rather solid team such as the Islanders. Also have in mind the Caps are still missing Semin from the lineup.

Islanders ML (2.29 @ Pinnacle) 4 units

The Devils won last night in Pittsburgh but let me tell you this; it was Pittsburgh that lost the game in the middle of their momentum they were called for 6 back to back penalties (throughout the 2nd period) which disrupted their game and got Devils a chance to win the game which they didn't fail to clinch in the third period as the Pens were exhausted after so many penalty kills. That's not all, Penguins actually took a 4-3 lead but Malkin's goal was dissallowed for too many men on ice...I don't think a young team like the Pens can overcome all those obstacles. But the Devils surely played a tiring game, and are now travelling to Philadelphia to meet the Flyers who are playing very solid hockey this season. Devils will start Kevin Weekes and we all know what Brodeur means to these guys, even though their defense isn't as good as few years back, when they had Stevens, Niedermayer and Brian Rafalski. On the other side, the Flyers are playing up, have a very solid team core and are ready to chase the playoffs this year. I'm well aware of recent seasons' domination of the Devils over the Flyers, but I won't give much to it considering the circumstances (both teams being way different in previous years, Philly worse, Devils better, NJ playing without Brodeur, on road b2b, on a nine game road trip because of their Arena is being built...) Not taking chances with the puckline here, I like the home team regular time win value.

Flyers (-0,5) (1.92 @ Pinnacle) 10 units

Good luck guys. :cheers:

GL tonight Satyr, nice looking plays. Only particular opposite lean I had was the under in Boston. Not playing it of course, it was just that I cant ignore Thomas' play. Granted it's over his head IMO, but he is still playing well. hence myplay on the side, lol.

GL

Santa- Well you said it yourself, it has been a tad bit over his head I think, also something I like, last year they had several overs with him between the pipes and against the Bolts. I think this is a solid line...anyways, GL tonight. :shake: :cheers:

Mikey-GL mate, let's cash in :cheers:

not a bad card today, dont like the bruins -1.5 considering that Tb can put up numbers.. but best of luck

Thanks Green, GL tonight :cheers: :shake:

Adding:

Toronto regular time win (-0,5) (2.22 @ Pinnacle) 5 units

wohooooooo 4-1...would've been 5-0 had it been for another goal in BOS-TB game, but I won't complain!:smiley_acbe::cheers::cheers:

no play Green, can't cap that game...the odds are set correctly and I can't back the Wings, not enough value for me, and won't back SJ at these odds either...total...a toss up again...as I said...can't cap it...

let it be said I had a small lean on the Wings.

Fucking hell!!!

NHL Today: 4-1, +20.39 units! :eek:

Overall record

15 W - 0 V - 6 L, +57.34 units. :eek:

Back