NHL Thursday discussion

Cole

Pretty much a regular
was thinking of taking washington+nashville parlay

both in must win situation

any thoughts, just share them

Buffalo are dead in the water, but not knowing if Montreal cares to have the #1 seed w/Washington looming makes for problems. If they dont, I can more readily see them losing their 2nd to last game of the season, than their last (if they must lose 1 at all), heading into the playoffs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Detroit will get their 1 needed point (thanks for not getting it Wednesday, boys).
I'd be very suprised if Nashville & Wash don't get their needed 2 pts (but more suprised if the latter failed, over the former).
Minnesota can still lose the northwest divisional title to calgary by losing this game vs that same team, then on the road to Colorado (tough fixture). Given each team's respective form (MIN w/2 reg. losses last 12, CAL w/6 reg. losses their last 12 & more to the point, 2 wins their last 5 and both were extremely patchy). Of course those only paying attention to CAL's 6-1 hth record this season are likely to either overlook or underplay those recent stats.

In short Minny has everything to play for, incl. earning the right to cruise their final road game of the season without a care.

Calgary, should they lose here, stares down a road fixture vs Vancouver and a season hth record of 2-5 against them, which depending on what Nashville does could mean their missing the playoffs should they lose that game as well.

Frankly this one smells of Calgary settling for a point, and then *allowing* Minny their 2nd point as a kind gesture for letting the game make OT. If I bet totals, I'd avoid a side and take an under (2-1/3-2 OT).
if Toronto couldnt nail Buffalo with the situation they had them in, I fail to see why they're going to nail Ottawa, who technically can still miss the playoffs.
Rangers are another team not technically having locked up a playoff spot, and they're one team you know would love to hold their current seeding spot since they own Jersey. Which means this is a big game holding a big 2 pts.
Vancouver I'd expect to win as well, but as for the rest, only LA/SJ holds my interest.

If I did a parlay, I'd chuck together Washington, Detroit, the Rangers & Vancouver.
The Blues gave Nashville enough to deal with the other day to suggest they are overpriced and a potential parlay killer, Ottawa is beyond being trusted (even thou I expect they win), and all the other games have potential dog winners imo.

nice writeup bc, is vesa in net tonight? does anyone know? it'd be a shame if the sens lost today and it could potentially put them in a tie for 8th with philly and is washington wins :|... i still can't fathom the idea that the sens went from heroes to zeros, but i'm a leafs fan so this is just hysterical to me..i like the washington/detroit/rangers parlay...im still skeptical about the nucks, one day they are on fire and playing well, the next they come out flat

Buffalo are dead in the water, but not knowing if Montreal cares to have the #1 seed w/Washington looming makes for problems. If they dont, I can more readily see them losing their 2nd to last game of the season, than their last (if they must lose 1 at all), heading into the playoffs.

The habs I think will lie down against a team that plays desperate like they did against Toronto and not risk any/ or aggravate any injuries. The fact that Montreal won against Ottawa had more to do with Ottawa -Komisarek, Bouillon (2 important defensemen) were out, Koivu out, Kovalev and Grabovski were playing ill. Also Kovalev practices when he wants, theres rumours hes been carrying a slight nagging ankle injury for a while now, though it hasnt affected his play that much. And I have to believe its true cause the habs never made a habit of giving special treatment to a player, no matter how big of a star he may be....Will have to wait and see the lineups for this one.

nice writeup BC.

k now thinking of taking parlay you suggested, only without my NYR

so Washington+Detroit+Vancuver @ 4,34 - all regulation wins

got question about Vancuver game, Hemsky gona play for Edmonton? also is there some kind rivalry betwen those 2 teams? or Edmonton basicly dosnt give a shit about this game since they done with season?

-300 for washington seems high, in terms of value, doesn't it? I know CAPS must win and all, but would've expected around -200 to -230 instead.

Calgary is 3-1 this season vs the Sharks and 1-3 this season against Detroit. Getting 1 point locks up 7 avoiding Detroit. Will bet regulation tie here.

couldnt decide what to take in parlay so chosed all 4 home teams tonight:

Washington+Detroit+Nashville+Vancuver @7,13

all to win in regulation

its simple all those teams need wins, so hope they show strong hockey tonight.

GL all with plays

Added some Oilers and Oilers 6o minute tie. Vancouver seems a little over valued to me.

Detroit scored with 12 seconds left. I was afraid if it made OT the Wings would be happy with their 1 point and lose SU.

Washington, Rangers & Detroit all winners. That leaves Vancouver to go.

eh 2-0 edmonton, just not deserved, Vancuver so much better, to many PP chances waisted, and Edmonton goalie making miracles.

:(

ye i agree, just wanted to try to hit that big parlay.

well maybe Vancuver pulls miracle like Detroit and wins this one.

Wankuver, killed realy nice parlay, :(

well at least they not going to playoffs, :)

Back