NHL Thursday discussion

Satyr

Paster of Muppets
Several leans:

Senators should be able to blow the Sabres off after that come from behind slaughter last time out. The Sabres are done for the season, no postseason for them. PL has a solid return, and could be the way to go here.

I suggest skipping both FLA and TB games, for two reasons:

Florida needs a break I think, and even though they have to win, and Atlanta is just horrid, them losing to TB the way they did could be indicative. No play almost probably, as the only way I would ever play this is the PL.

TB-WAS game I suggest to lay off. This has grown into a fierce division rivalry and even back when Washington were rock bottom and TB a contender, there were fireworks in their clashes. No play.

If the Penguins care they will blow the Isles off. But laying chalk on a puckline is something else. Not sure here.

Losing team of the month (DAL) against the winners of the month (SJ). Huge no bet, think Dallas could finally step up here, but no price is good enough for me to take here.

Rangers-Devils. Clueless. Both playing poorly. Devils 2.35 dogs. Probably rightfully so though.
Share your thoughts guys. :popcorn:

I have a feeling the OTT/BUF 2nd B2B clash is going to mirror the Oils/Wild B2B series. Bad team at home, goals galore (EDM 5-3/BUF 3-6) - superior team at home, clamp down (MIN 3-1/OTT ???). Buffalo is bound to have less energy now their goose is cooked - Philly taking 2 pts off the Rangers & Wash 2 off Carolina has got to have cut them up psychologically. An energyless peformance by them mirrored by OTT's netminder (whoever it is) badly needing to put in a big one could easily equal a 2-0 or 3-0 scoreline here. I dont bet totals, but I'll consider OTT long and hard.

Well said. Gotta say that I once again am considering the puckline here, as ML odds are way too chalky and regular time win isn't nearly as rewarding.

2.83 seems like a solid price.

I like Ottawa as well. I do think Washington gets it done though, Washington has much more offence than Florida, but I wont touch it with Washington as a road fave...I think Crosby is back tonight for Pittsburgh.

A couple of interesting stats concerning Dubie wholl no doubt be in nets for the Islanders tonight. He's 3-0 against Pittsburgh this year, but he's 0-4 on thursdays I think.

The more I look at this game the more I think Dallas wins. I won't touch it since I'm not a fan of that price but I think the Stars step up big here.

was looking through the card, brutal night last night, anyways...ive been thinking about the dallas ml for a while now...and the more i think about it, the more i want to pull the trigger..

<table class="statfull"><tbody><tr><td class="stwo" style="text-align: left;" width="100%">Dallas is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games </td></tr><tr><td class="sone" style="text-align: left;" width="100%">Dallas is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road</td></tr><tr><td class="stwo" style="text-align: left;" width="100%">The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas's last 6 games on the road</td></tr><tr><td class="sone" style="text-align: left;" width="100%">The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas's last 6 games when playing San Jose</td></tr><tr><td class="stwo" style="text-align: left;" width="100%">Dallas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Jose</td></tr></tbody></table>i'm willing to lay a unit on this after looking at those stat

also think phoenix gets it done tonight..long game last night with the shootout, and phoenix coming off a big win against the sharks the night before, pretty sure gretzky let them hear it blowing a 4 goal lead..so dont think they come out soft tonight..that mueller kid is a beast..hes going to be a goood player especially under the guidance of wayne

Last edited:
Ive taken Dallas, NJ, Phoenix, and a little of Atlanta. Anybody else think the underdogs look good tonight?

repeat night from two days ago? It can happen..on dallas and phoenix myself

Back