NHL stuff

dylanphan

Pretty much a regular
I'll try to drop by from time to time and make some plays, however, generally speaking between the NHL start times and my work schedule, I don't have much time to post to be honest.
But, as we're a few weeks into the season, I have found a few interesting tidbits.
If anyone else has any, please don't be shy to share.

The NY Rangers are just on fire right now. Surely this will end (anyone remember last year's phenomenal start just to have it die out with a whimper?)...but this year's a bit different in that they are not getting statistically dominated and relying on ole #30 to bail their asses out every single game.
But, what interests me more is this little tidbit:
Rangers 2p goals for - 25
Rangers 2p goals against - 7
I think I've played them in the second period for about 6-7 straight games now both straight and on the over 1.5 line when it's not juiced to hell and it's been quite profitable.

Another one
Philadelphia Flyers 2p goals for -21
Philadelphia Flyers 2p goals against -17
That's pretty in line with what I have for them, an up and down team, but 38 2p goals in 13 games, well, you do the math....

Here's a good fade:
Winnipeg Jets 2p goals for - 5
Winnipeg Jets 2p goals against - 21
For whatever reason, the Jets just offer nothing in second periods and get blow out of buildings....but....
Winnipeg Jets 3p goals for - 19
Winnipeg Jets 3p goals against - 8
Jets have fairly youngish team and it gives them some pretty good legs for the 3rd (not to mention most of the time their opponents are playing with a lead)

I generally find that some of these period stats tend to stay pretty good throughout the year (last year I think I made quite a bit of money playing Stars and Bruins 1p overs)

Hopefully I can find some more situations that can win us some money and will post if/when I find them.

You are dead on about the rangers, everyone was a bit down on them for the most part, and the only real old thing about them is lundqvist, but the players are playing SO FAST, and the scoring pace is unreal. From all lines too, I know it is still so early in the season, but it just seems different, definitely a top team.

agree with you on NYR except I dont see it ending, playing this well might but they are built to go far

I think Henrik has regressed a bit, and Nash is a bit slower

but they are such a deeper team and it's so noticable, like you say Dylan they aren't getting dominated every night which is where the huge change is

they basically added in a whole scoring line for free with picking up Pirri and Vesey, and the trade for Zibanejad is already paying off IMO, he's a year or two away from being a legit 1C

but even now, they still have Henrik who while not at the Price/Holtby/Schnieder level is still a top 4-8 goalie

their 3 line depth is great, they dont have a top end forward but they have 10 legitimate top 6 forwards, and outside Nash they are so young

Last game I played had 9 goals in it. Of course just 1 in the 2P :hang:

I would love to say I'll be diligent about posting winners in here, but truth be told, between work, family and life, tough for me to find the time.....

So far this year 1-1 (-0.35)

tonight I'm going with the following:
LAK/EDM o0.5 (1st 5 min) +210

Edmonton has ALLOWED a goal in the first 5 minutes in 4 of the last 6 games.
Edmonton starting their #2 goalie
LAK have won 9 in the row at home against Edmonton average 4gpg
Oh, and in the event Kings dont score, we still have a shot with Connor McDavid and crew

I'll take a shot here. :cheers3:

Chi/Edm o0.5 (1st 5min) +210

going back to the well on this one. Last game out they had 1 in the first 5 minutes, but the odds were just +185....so I only played it for a few sheckels and didnt feel strong enough to post.

Also going to play NYR 2P here live.

good night last night putting me at 3-2 (+2.60)

Those Edmonton 1st 5 minute goals are great. Last 10 games they have hit like 7 times and the one i missed above missed by 9 fucking seconds.
You do the math, but I'm getting nearly 2/1 and at 70% well, that's not too shabby.

And the Ranger 2nd periods are just nuts. I have no idea how/why it happens but they are now 35 goals for vs 11 goals against and have won a shit ton of 2nd periods. Again, at +185....well seems like auto fire

Just adding to the Rangers, the Zibanejad injury is going to throw a wrench in the works. He was AWESOME on face offs, on PP#1, and played on a terrific line which really offered stability and the ability to roll out 4 very effective lines.
Now AV is going to have to shuffle a lot. Vessey seems to be missing out a lot of 1st/2nd line action and isn't nearly as effective on the 3rd line.
They are having to count on ancillary guys like Jooris, Pirri, Lindberg, Fast. Buchnevich is hurt and KReider has been in and out of the lineup, so the Rangers offense is surely going to fall off quite a bit.
That being said, their defense has really out of nowhere been solid. They have an amazing record when McDonogh plays 25+ minutes (i don't like him seeing him play this much as he always breaks down gets hurt come playoff time), but they have been able to rotate 7-8 defenseman and given days off to guys like Girardi (healthy scratch) which has been awesome. Skjei has really come into his own, Klein is very solid, Staal isn't playing terribly. Holden is serviceable.
IF the Rangers can get/stay healthy, this could really be a dark horse team to get to the cup finals again. And Grabner, what a fucking revelation this guy has become. I honestly thought when they signed him he would be a decent 3rd liner, and good pk guy. Dude's now getting 1st line minutes and most nights is the best two-way forward on the team ffs.

Honestly, they're top 3 lines are still as solid as they come, their 3rd was vesey/pirri/miller I believe in pitt, where they put up 4 goals (-EN). There defense has always been solid, the top guys just played a lot of minutes all the time, and injuries were the concern/problem. Skjei/Klein as our 3rd pairing has definitely helped.

Also I think AV did mention what he planned to do, but having lundqvist not starting both B2B games, and maybe giving him extra days off, will only further help. Seriously loving it, and not sure they're really a dark horse anymore, people may have had doubts going into the season, but they've gone to like 4 straight ECF and definitely have already proved themselves this year

Edmonton 1 5 minutes +210
Philly/TB o1.5 (2P) -140

And will play NY Rangers 2P here live in about 25 minutes at +185 or better

:cheers3:

the Metropolitan division is just sick right now.
Flyers on a 10 game win streak. Columbus and Pittsburgh both on 7 game streaks

Points per game right now in the eastern conference
Columbus - 1.48
Mtl - 1.45
Pitt - 1.433
Wash - 1.39
NYR - 1.34
Phi - 1.28

5 of the top 6 teams are in the Metropolitan....and only the Islanders have a losing record, and let's face it, fuck the Islanders, right?
For the past few years the west has been the cream of the NHL, but fuck right now, 5 of the top 7 teams in the NHL are in the metro. Gonna be a season of attrition coming down the stretch here, home ice will be huge.

Colorado/Winnipeg o0.5 1st 5 +190 today is a bet.
Also really love the Rangers tonight. Devils just not good right now and Rangers are getting healthy (welcome back Rich Nash) and are just the way better team. As mentioned above if you aren't winning in the Metro you're getting left in the dust.

Back