NHL Round Two

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
How about we not put the goal in the thread title this time and see how that works out.

Current playoff record: Awful. -5 units.

But that's in the past, let's move forward.

My overall thoughts on this round are these:

I like Ottawa. I'm a big believer in teams that prove it. And Ottawa, after being merely 'good enough' in playoffs' past looks like they've taken that next step this year. I think NJ's defense is much, much better than the Penguins' defense, but I think the Pens have more offensive talent and I think if the Sens can funnel the Pens to the walls I don't see why they can't do the same to Jersey's offense as well. I think the Sens win this series.

I also think Buffalo wins, but I'm surprised that people are just counting out the Rangers so quickly. As a Pens fan, you've got to know, I hate the Rangers, but this is 'the' hottest team in the league for like a month now. I think this series is going to be a lot closer than people think.

One thing I don't like in the West is that everybody seems to be on the Sharks. But I am, too. It's the only series bet I've made.

I also like the Ducks. The only thing that worries me is that Luongo is, I think, dramatically better in net than what the Ducks put out there--and that's saying something because I actually think the Ducks' netminders are pretty good.

As for straight plays:

Game Ones:

NYR ML +155 (.5 unit)
Ottawa ML even (.5 unit)
San Jose ML +145 (.5 unit)

I'm also considering the over in Anaheim, Buffalo, and Detroit.

GL this round Joe.

I think the Sharks bet is with good reason. At one point or another in the series i think they are leading, thats when we can sit on a profit.

The reason I didnt touch Buff / NYR side is because like you mentioned they are hot and none of the previous matches count, they havent played them since 06.

Still not sure how Im, if anything going to play Ottawa. Like I mentioned in the articles thread, it had me scratchig my head. Dogs game 1 but pretty large fave for the series all things considered.

GL this roudn man

Ack, last night (0-2) -1 unit.

This system isn't helping things at this point--and I never played either of those overs which would have balanced out the day. Tough day.

Let's see if we can turn it around tonight.

Yeah, how about that, I go out of town and I win two straight.

Maybe I should go back on the road and I can start to make up some of these lost units.

Updates to follow tomorrow.

Oh, I can't tell you how upset I am they played the Anaheim/Vancouver Game 3 yesterday rather than today.

I couldn't bet it. Simply wasn't near a computer at any time.

Ugh.

I didn't even see it, but that won't stop me from thanking you guys or the Gambling Gods.

Thank you, Gambling Gods, that break really helps.

Go Sens.

I've been awful at updating this record, I apologize. I also have now had some plays that I didn't even end up posting (they even out at about .500).

At any rate, I'll post a couple for the weekend.

Buffalo ML & -1.5

Buffalo/NYR over 5 (I just like the whole number)

Ottawa ML

Leaning Ottawa/NJ over 5

BOL Joe, just not too much
icon12.gif

Thanks, Yanks. Buffalo didn't really play the game I'd hoped. Although, they easily could have had two more goals than they did. They got things past Lundquist, they just found a way to slip by the net. It was unreal.

I'm going to add:

SJ +140 (gotta like that price)

SJ/Det over 4.5 -135 (gotta hate that price)

I'm stuck on this total today. I got burned in their last game, but the chances were there. I figure if I don't bet it, today it goes over easy because I was just a day off. But if I do bet it I'm worried that the games stay with that same scoring pattern they've established in the last three games.

Well, I may bite, but I'm not sure.

For now, just this.

Buffalo ML

Let's end this thing.

Good to see the Sabres get there. If only I hadn't talked myself off that over.

Great win, though, and I'm very excited to see Sens/Sabres for the Conference Final.

Now, GO SHARKS.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the second round ends tonight.

But I've got the Sharks on a series play so I'm not going to bet them again tonight. What I will take a shot on is the over.

Sharks/Wings over 4.5 & 5.

BOL Joe.

Looking at my stat crap, I'm going to say this series will produce 1 more road winner. Whether that's DET tonight, or SJ in Game 7, I dunno. But money where my mouth is, small bet on DET tonight.

Oh, my mistake, I didn't mean to imply that. I didn't take it that way at all.

I was just being bitter. I lay off the over yesterday and it hits easily, I play it tonight, and the home team--the home team that is facing elimination for crying out loud--doesn't even put one in the net.

I was serious when I said it, good call, T.

Oh, my mistake, I didn't mean to imply that. I didn't take it that way at all.

I was just being bitter. I lay off the over yesterday and it hits easily, I play it tonight, and the home team--the home team that is facing elimination for crying out loud--doesn't even put one in the net.

I was serious when I said it, good call, T.

np, lets just get them tom:cheers:orrow.

Back