NHL Playoffs

guaranteeed

Pretty much a regular
Game 1s

St.Louis -117
NYR +114

Vancouver -135

the Sharks and Kings are by far the two worst road teams in the playoffs, usually not a good stat to have tied to a team for future success

both only had 8 road wins which is 3 less than anyone else in the rest

The Sharks especially are bad, they have a -19 GD in 24 road games this year

the only reason they are in the playoffs is because of a hot start, they started 7-0 and are 18-16-7 since

Patrick Marleau is their 2nd leading goal score and he has scored 8 times in the last 42 games, they need to rely on Niemi to win games and especially on the road I think they struggle in this series

For LA, they were a -12 on the road and won't have the goalie advantage they did last year, QUick has really struggled since his back surgery and if the starter was being decided on merit it would be Bernier

Rangers and Caps are both hot, I trust the Rangers much more here because of their 5 on 5 play

The Caps are led by their power play but in the playoffs that becomes less important, and they are going up against a team who has struggled to score goals but has had no problems stopping them

The Rangers are the 3rd best team in the league 5 on 5 this season, Washington is 10th

Good luck teed, and totally agreed, on all 3 of your thoughts/plays, get it this playoffs

I think the Blues/Kings series will go the distance, w/numerous road winners. So to begin the series, I'd only personally look at the home team in games 2 or 4 (off a loss in either game's 1 or 3). On balance I think the Blues get revenge for last year's playoff loss (but if I'm calling a 7 gamer, then obv. luck will need to go their way). BOL teed
Peace_5.gif

thanks guys

didn't do any series bets but my guesses before it starts would be

Pens in 5
NYR in 7
Ottawa in 7
Toronto in 6

Chicago in 6
Anaheim in 7
Vancouver in 5
St.Louis in 6

Nucks Sharks is going way more than 5. Those teams were not very far apart in the 2nd half of the season.

Also don't believe in this NYR team outside of Hank. As bad as this Caps team is I think they match up well with the anemic Ranger offense

thanks BH

going to add on the Kings -133

line dropped enough and I dont see them going down 0-3, expect a big effort at home and hoping for a 3-2 type win

thanks tmike

they can't score at all

series has been even in general in chances/possession stats

just no finishing

Tremendous day:thumbsup2:.

So pissed at myself for thinking Nyi/Pitt was a night game your time, meant I held off betting Over until I woke, which was too late.

for tomorrow

Toronto +115
Detroit -125

will take the Leafs in game 4 again if they lose, think they get at least a split here, this line is 20-30c higher than I thought it would be, expected them to be slight favs

Ottawa crushed em yesterday and I don't even feel like Mont was outplayed. Def nice value. GL

Montreal has a very good chance to be on my card tonight. Might just take the Isles but I hate backing a team after a demoralizing loss like they had on Sunday.

GL

Pitt/NYI o5.5 -110

for Sunday

NYR -135
Tor +120
Anaheim -134

Rags have been the better team in 4/5 games in the series

will double up on them in game 7 if they win

Toronto +159
NYR +114

I was originally only going to do the Rangers but after seeing the Leafs outskate and outhit the Bruins for the 3rd game in a row last night, and knowing the Bruins flight was delayed until today while the Leafs got to sleep in Boston, had to add it in

IMO its a good price for the Leafs... save for the Phaneuf pinch in game 4, they have outplayed them last 3 games... (didnt see game one or 2)

its a good price, i just dont understand the line move with the news of the plane delay and toronto being a super sexy pick... just feels super trappy... but the situation sure is not pretty for the bruins

How on earth did Ottawa blow out the Habs in five? I've never seen a group so consistently fail to have their forwards in good scoring positions. They rarely do a center drive, they never have anyone in the high slot, there's never a cycle towards the net, and they're often caught wrong-sided and moving away from the net. It seems like they rely totally on Karlsson and Gonchar starting scoring plays with shots from the point, and that ain't happening.

I guess it doesn't help that the refs never call interference on Adams for his pre-emptive check on Spezza or especially Orpik about every third shift.

Back