NHL Playoffs 08

nice going, Pucks. But the time to bet the other way maybe coming if Price is dropped for Halak. The refs are clearly favouring the Habs and without Price present it becomes more difficult to back against that officiating imo.

nice going, Pucks. But the time to bet the other way maybe coming if Price is dropped for Halak. The refs are clearly favouring the Habs and without Price present it becomes more difficult to back against that officiating imo.

IMO Halak will not take Price's job.

Also that Hatcher penalty (hit from behind) was a penalty. The FLYERS should should have won 3 - 0. Some questionable calls for sure.

Just like the Stars game 2. SJ 5 PP's. :36_7_4:

2 out the 3 series tonight could have teams up 3 - 0 in the series.
I like all 3 teams up 3 - 0 after tonights games.
Even though i can see all series 2 - 1 but I don't like it. :down2:

Tuesday's Picks

Detroit ML

Dallas ML

Pittsburgh ML

Colorado had such a good home reg. season record, I tend to think they win at least 1 at home, so I'll pass today and hit Detroit game 4 if the Avs win tonight.

Nice hit w/Pitt.

Colorado had such a good home reg. season record, I tend to think they win at least 1 at home, so I'll pass today and hit Detroit game 4 if the Avs win tonight.

Nice hit w/Pitt.

I hope the WINGS win this one. Lose game 4 and win Game 5.

It will not be that easy though. :moose:

2 out the 3 series tonight could have teams up 3 - 0 in the series.
I like all 3 teams up 3 - 0 after tonights games.
Even though i can see all series 2 - 1 but I don't like it. :down2:

Tuesday's Picks

Detroit ML

Dallas ML

Pittsburgh ML

2 for 2 so far now need the most important one....... :11_12_13:

Detroit ML

Excellent stuff Pucks. I remember you from way back from the other side, loved your input :shake:

Keep it up :cheers:

Excellent stuff Pucks. I remember you from way back from the other side, loved your input :shake:

Keep it up :cheers:

thanks Satyr, I remember you to.

I am afraid of your Stars for real. Turco has been awesome and getting scoring these playoffs. :shake:

yeah finally it's good times for us Stars fans :D it's been a long time :D it'll be tough in the WC finals (I think I can say that now since SJ is not coming back from 3:0 down and neither is Colorado), eager to see the pricetag on the Stars to reach the SC finals.

BC, do you have a stat perhaps of how many teams actually pulled off winning the series after being 3-0 down?

The Flyers series isnt gonna be as easy as weve been making this seem. If Montreal somehow wins this series then its a clean sweep for hte Pens in the Eastern Conference finals

btw, heard there are a lot of Croats there in Pittsburgh, supposedly they came there 50 years ago to work in the steel factory. Would like to visit some day. :shake:

BC, found it.

NHL teams are 41-18 in game 5 when leading a series 3-1.

Only one team (in 30 tries) has ever erased a 3-1 deficit in the Stanley Cup Finals -- and that was the Leafs back in 1942.

In the history of best-of-7 NHL Finals from 1939 through 2007, teams that lead 3-games-1 with Games 1-2 at home and Games 3-4 on the road have a 20-0 series record.

Only twice in 145 occurrences has a NHL team come back from a 0-3 playoff deficit to win the series 4-3. Teams with a 3-0 advantage have swept their opponents in 96 of those 145 series (66% of the time).

Home teams have won 83% of game 7's in NHL playoff history.

The home team is 10-1 last 11 Game 7 games in the Stanley Cup finals.

btw, heard there are a lot of Croats there in Pittsburgh, came there 50 years ago to work in the steel factory. Would like to visit some day. :shake:

Ah maybe, I havent seen much of it. A lot of Russian Onthespot here, me being one of them.

BC, do you have a stat perhaps of how many teams actually pulled off winning the series after being 3-0 down?

COuple #'s from teams down 3-0

NY Rangers / Pittsburgh

After Game 3: With MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1032 in Madison Square Garden for Games 3-4, the Pittsburgh Penguins won their seventh consecutive 2008 NHL playoff game, upending the host New York Rangers 5-goals-3 to take a 3-games-nil series 1032 lead. When leading a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the Pittsburgh Penguins have a 7-1 series record with a six-series winning streak, and a Game 4 mark of 5-3. When trailing a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the New York Rangers have a 0-9 series record and a Game 4 record of 3-6.

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Up 3-games-nil at HHV:
Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team winning Games 1-3 with Games 1-2 at home and Game 3 on the road (Pittsburgh) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2008 NHL Preliminary round:
series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 195-2 (.990)
series record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 73-1 (.986)
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 114-1 (.991)
series record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 43-1 (.977)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 127-70 (.645)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 46-28 (.622)
Game 4 record, NHL only, all rounds: 76-39 (.661)
Game 4 record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 31-13 (.705)

Detroit / Colorado

After Game 3: With MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1033 in Denver for Games 3-4, the visiting Detroit Red Wings defeated the Colorado Avalanche 4-goals-3 to take a 3-games-nil series 1033 lead. When leading a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the Detroit Red Wings have a series record of 14-1 with a 14-series winning streak, and a Game 4 record of 11-4. When trailing a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the Colorado Avalanche have a series record of 0-2, and a Game 4 mark of 1-1.

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Up 3-games-nil at HHV:
Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team winning Games 1-3 with Games 1-2 at home and Game 3 on the road (Detroit) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2008 NHL Preliminary round:
series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 195-2 (.990)
series record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 73-1 (.986)
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 114-1 (.991)
series record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 43-1 (.977)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 127-70 (.645)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 46-28 (.622)
Game 4 record, NHL only, all rounds: 76-39 (.661)
Game 4 record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 31-13 (.705)
These records are drawn from the applicable 1030 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2008 NHL Preliminary round. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

Dallas / San Jose

After Game 3: With MLB/NBA/NHL best-of-7 playoff series 1034 in Texas for Games 3-4, the host Dallas Stars scored 4:37 into the first overtime period to defeat the San Jose Sharks 2-goals-1, thus taking a 3-games-nil series 1034 lead. When leading a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the Dallas Stars have a series record of 2-0 and a Game 4 record of 2-0. When trailing a best-of-7 NHL playoff series 3-games-nil, the San Jose Sharks have a series record of 0-1 and a Game 4 record of 0-1.

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Up 3-games-nil at VVH:
Ignoring win order; considering site order: The team winning Games 1-3 with Games 1-2 on the road and Game 3 at home (Dallas) has the following best-of-7 playoff series and games record through the 2008 NHL Preliminary round:
series record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 54-1 (.982)
series record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 11-0 (1.000)
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 30-1 (.968)
series record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 8-0 (1.000)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, all rounds: 41-14 (.745)
Game 4 record, all best-of-7 sports, Qtrs round: 7-4 (.636)
Game 4 record, NHL only, all rounds: 21-10 (.677)
Game 4 record, NHL only, Qtrs round: 4-4 (.500)
These records are drawn from the applicable 1030 best-of-7 NHL, NBA, and MLB series played through the 2008 NHL Preliminary round. Note in general that the greater the number of games or series fitting a particular situation, the greater the significance of the corresponding winning fraction: For example, 0.800 is far more likely to come closer to the true winning fraction in a given situation when the corresponding win-loss record is 400-100 rather than 4-1.

courtesy of www.whowins.com

:cheers:

I see 2 brooms coming out tonight.

Pittsburgh ML
Pittburgh OVER 5.5

Detroit ML
Detroit OVER 5.5

and an impressive sweep it was. 7-1, whoa. :eek:

Big win for the WINGS last night beating the AVS 8 - 2, I never expected a score like that.

We are coming for the STARS next.....:eyes:

I am joking around :36_11_6:

Stars have to win tonight. You don't want to go back home up 3 - 2.
If Sharks win tonight all the pressure goes to the STARS going back home.

STARS ML +130

Stars have to win tonight. You don't want to go back home up 3 - 2.
If Sharks win tonight all the pressure goes to the STARS going back home.

STARS ML +130

I was doing this after the Stars gave up a 2 - 0 lead
and lost in OT 3 - 2 to the Sharks. :4_12_12:

couldn't believe it myself either.
I hope my boys can close it down tomorrow.

Would NOT want to see a game 7 here all things considering.

Sunday May 4th picks

Both teams need and should close out these series out today. :36_7_4:

PENS ML

STARS ML

Back