NHL News and Notes

Bruins blew a 4-0 lead to the Florida Panthers and lost in a shootout on the north end of Boston.

Trade rumors starting to heat up. Is your team buying or selling? I think we are going to see a lot of new faces in different places.

Your NHL 3 Stars of the Week....

Anders Nilsson, goalie for Ottawa, records a 3-0 record.

Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs, the Scottsdale Arizona native (that’s an odd thing to type) went 2-7-9 in 4 appearances this week.

Cole Makar, the defenseman Colorado so smartly picked right after the Hawks passed on him rounds out your 3 Stars of the Week. Makar, a rookie, tallied 3-3-6 and is currently leading all rookie skaters in points and assists.

Latest NHL 1st Period totals trends:

COL O in 12 of L14
BOS O in 6 of L7
BUF O in 9 of L11
SJ O in 11 of L15
PHI O in 7 of L9
OTT O in 7 of L8
WAS O in 6 of L7
CAL U in 12 of L14
PIT U in 8 of L11
CHI U in 10 of L14

Latest NHL 1st Period totals trends:

COL O in 12 of L14
BOS O in 6 of L7
BUF O in 9 of L11
SJ O in 11 of L15
PHI O in 7 of L9
OTT O in 7 of L8
WAS O in 6 of L7
CAL U in 12 of L14
PIT U in 8 of L11
CHI U in 10 of L14

Hmm may have to hit the window when I review the card.

Hope everyone got to enjoy a little piece of Capitals last night.

But a very big tip of the cap to @ScopeY for playing 4D chess when everyone else was playing checkers and nailing the Blackhawks 5-3 victory in Vegas. That marked Chicago’s first ever victory over the Vegas franchise and they did it in incredible fashion.

I’m looking forward to seeing how his player props did

#HockeyTown is burning
Detroit’s start to this season has been abysmal. They have become almost unbettable in my eyes. It’s a good article but to be fair to Detroit they’re not expecting a Stanley cup appearance this season either. But the improvement needs to be there.

As of today who’s had the most disappointing season? My vote would have to be the Tampa Bay Lightning. They’re 4-4 over their L8. But for a team that many though would’ve came out with a taste for blood because of that EMBARRASSING loss (SWEEP) to Columbus in the first round of last years playoffs, it has been sort of touch and go for the Bolts.

Sharks are disappointing too but I personally think that window has closed. Hated the EK deal. They need to blow it up. Also, Martin Jones ain’t winning you a cup, not with what’s in front of him.

Lmao teapot, thanks for the words, but nah, player props did terrible and should be removed from my betting slip, but not giving up on it just yet.

Not saying I like the bolts to win it this year (not sure yet), but they've also have had the least amount of games played, at least 2 less than every team, and as high as 6 less (calgary). Even if they pick up 4 points in the next 4 games (they have nyr/wpg next up.... win/win?) they'll be tied with toronto, and have a game in hand.

I can see sjs based off last years acheivements...

but what about the devils, best friends are mostly fans of the team (im NYR). I told them not to have the highest hopes going into the season, but they made acquisitions, and were supposed to be better... yet they find themselves in situations where to win, they need to score 5+ goals every night... and they continue to blow leads in the 3rd.

Back